The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are their many differances to his Nam costume and regular 80s one? They could just include 2 heads and make the Flame thrower removable so you could pick. It wouldnt surprise me if this is what they are planning. The big question for me is, will Rorschach have 2 heads or an actual removable mask.

There isn't a difference really except for the dogtags and headsculpts. HT could make it happen without fail. Hopefully a Minutemen Comedian is in the works. As for Rorschach, I have a feeling that they'll do two heads but that the masked head similar to the SSC GI Joe Cobra Trooper where its fabric that is over actual plastic and looks fabric but really isn't.

There isn't a difference really except for the dogtags and headsculpts. HT could make it happen without fail. Hopefully a Minutemen Comedian is in the works. As for Rorschach, I have a feeling that they'll do two heads but that the masked head similar to the SSC GI Joe Cobra Trooper where its fabric that is over actual plastic and looks fabric but really isn't.
i like the sculpted mask idea for Rorschach because that means it will be easier to customize his mask patterns.

and are we just assuming that HT will have likeness rights on these?
because, they've been known to... you know... not get those and make figures that don't look right.

There isn't a difference really except for the dogtags and headsculpts.

The Colt 1911 is different.

Pre-1970 (and Vietnam)... he has one, and it's a standard (black) military issue Colt .45 1911A sidearm

Post-1970... he has the two silver custom 1911's that were given to him as a gift from Nixon. That's another thing that's wrong with the younger DCD variant & 13" figure. He shouldn't have those guns yet.

:lecture

Last edited:
I would like a cloth mask, but "glued" on so it retains the shape. Then have an alternate Kovacs head.

The Colt 1911 is different.

Pre-1970 (and Vietnam)... he has one, and it's a standard (black) military issue Colt .45 1911A sidearm

Post-1970... he has the two silver custom 1911's that were given to him as a gift from Nixon. That's another thing that's wrong with the younger DCD variant & 13" figure. He shouldn't have those guns yet.

Doh! That is correct sir. Although the DCD really is just "slap a different head and call it done".

I really, truly hope any HT!schach comes with an alternate street bum outfit, complete with End is Night sign and tiny hobo gloves.

whats a good price to pay (shipping included) for a Comedian 1:6 figure from DCD? No place locally around me carrys him, just the Ror fig, but gonna hold off on him.

I got mine off of eBay for about $90 including S&H. He just came today and I'm very happy with him! His POS plastic stand is bust, though. Luckily I can lean him.

But I am very happy with him. The likeness isn't perfect, but he looks enough like him and he's attractive so it's all good. Easily my current favorite 1/6 scale figure in my collection.

eBay seems to be the best place if you're looking for deals. I just got another Manhattan (yeah another one) for $50 shipped from a Comic Book shop down south. Considering I've seen them charge about $10 shipping, its about $40 without and quite a steal. He had a Rorschach that went for $65 shipped so I'd keep an eye out.

Look what I added to my collection yesterday:

2659_147781705106_545970106_6298368_816015_n.jpg

These are the triangular theater standees. Each one has 3 characters... so all 6 are represented. To give you a sense of the size/scale, they are 7 feet tall!! :google

Looks like the empty room in my basement will soon be a WATCHMEN room. :eek:

Do you guys think Hot Toys is still going to make Watchmen 1/6 figs or will they pull the plug because Watchmen wasn't a mega hit? Are the DC direct 1/6 figs worth it? If HT is making Spirit figs then they should definitely do Watchmen.

Do you guys think Hot Toys is still going to make Watchmen 1/6 figs or will they pull the plug because Watchmen wasn't a mega hit? Are the DC direct 1/6 figs worth it? If HT is making Spirit figs then they should definitely do Watchmen.

There will definitely be at least the 3 WATCHMEN figures from HT.

Look what I added to my collection yesterday:

2659_147781705106_545970106_6298368_816015_n.jpg

These are the triangular theater standees. Each one has 3 characters... so all 6 are represented. To give you a sense of the size/scale, they are 7 feet tall!! :google

Looks like the empty room in my basement will soon be a WATCHMEN room. :eek:

DO WANT. Those are sweet.

2 words: The Spirit

Back