The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what I added to my collection yesterday:

2659_147781705106_545970106_6298368_816015_n.jpg

These are the triangular theater standees. Each one has 3 characters... so all 6 are represented. To give you a sense of the size/scale, they are 7 feet tall!! :google

Looks like the empty room in my basement will soon be a WATCHMEN room. :eek:

Holy crap is that Touchdown Jesus?

Here is the thing, these figures are planned way in advance. The v1 Joker was perfect to prove this since they had to work on promotionals to try and match him while the film version was slightly differing. The 3 Watchmen figures are already in the pipe and waiting to be solicited at least that is what every outlet is showing and discussing. What will be interesting is the subtile changes. In promotionals the Snow Owl suit was a completely differing suit, all white. In the film it turned out to be a differing cowl, gloves and "jacket" over the traditional Nite Owl costuming. It should be interesting to see if they include those as accessories or if the figure was well into production before that could be changed.

We're getting Rorschach, Nite Owl and The Comedian if the original lists are still accurate. I would think that like The Spirit where the first two figures were out and then followed by Silken Floss because she was probably deep into production, we'll probably get at least one more past those three. I'm placing good money on either Dr. Manhattan or Silk Spectre but I think the chances of Ozy are slim unless they do three in "wave 2"

Yes, on their Facebook page they've mentioned them and Cool Toy Review has placeholders for Rorschach, the Comedian, and Nite-Owl in their Hot Toys photo archive. This isn't the first time CTR has had a leg up on Hot Toys releases.

There will definitely be at least the 3 WATCHMEN figures from HT.

So it's a 100% definite that Hot Toys will make them, based on the clues on Facebook and Cool Toy Review??
I know this question is probably asked before, but I'm really waiting for the Hot Toys figures. Haven't bought any DCDirect Watchmen figures yet because of the Hot Toys possibility, but if Hot Toys doesn't have the license I could still buy some of the DCDirect ones...

These are the triangular theater standees. Each one has 3 characters... so all 6 are represented. To give you a sense of the size/scale, they are 7 feet tall!! :google

Those are really cool. I saw them at my local theater as well. They are really tall indeed

Ok, now that i've had some time to digest the film and the thought of owning figures from it, I'd be content just owning Silk Spectre II if they make her. :)

Before I would have wanted her, Nite Owl and maybe Comedian and Manhattan.

Holy crap is that Touchdown Jesus?
Good eye! Indeed it is. That's a photo I took myself back in 2003. To the right of it is a pic of The Golden Dome I took as well. If you squint you can probably make it out. :lol

So it's a 100% definite that Hot Toys will make them, based on the clues on Facebook and Cool Toy Review??
I know this question is probably asked before, but I'm really waiting for the Hot Toys figures. Haven't bought any DCDirect Watchmen figures yet because of the Hot Toys possibility, but if Hot Toys doesn't have the license I could still buy some of the DCDirect ones...
It was 100% definite before the clues on Facebook and CTR. ;)

I got mine off of eBay for about $90 including S&H. He just came today and I'm very happy with him! His POS plastic stand is bust, though. Luckily I can lean him.

But I am very happy with him. The likeness isn't perfect, but he looks enough like him and he's attractive so it's all good. Easily my current favorite 1/6 scale figure in my collection.

I just got the Comedian 1:6 off of ebay for $60 shipped. Might pick up Rorshach tomorrow while at work, got a $20 GC so it would end up like $59.99

You have any pictures of your 1:6 Comedian?

Last edited:

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5
you should get some sort of turn table type of base, so that they could spin around. :cool:

I'd personally like to see a complete set of figures of the Minutemen, circa their 1940 group photo. Now THAT would be a heckuva 1:6 custom project.

3176233665_068439bb3b_o.jpg

It'd be cool, but if Hot Toys did it, it would be a catastrophe. They aren't all popular enough or in the movie enough for a whole line in 1/6 IMO.

Maybe DC Direct will finish the 7" scale line out with them tho, I bought the original Silk Spectre and I'd pick up a Silhouette.

It'd be cool, but if Hot Toys did it, it would be a catastrophe. They aren't all popular enough or in the movie enough for a whole line in 1/6 IMO.

Maybe DC Direct will finish the 7" scale line out with them tho, I bought the original Silk Spectre and I'd pick up a Silhouette.
agreed. this series should fit with the other DC Direct figures. i have them with my 7" Alex Ross Justice line.
1:6 figures of obscure comic book characters wouldn't fit with my collection anyway.

oh, and if anybody here has some loose/complete Justice figures they want to part with, shoot me a pm.

Picked up Rorshach today at TRU, and I think the stock body is alright, but would like more movement with the ankles and such. The left arm broke off at the seam cause they put to much glue on it and it leaked onto the upper portion of the arm. So when I went to turn it it snapped off. Super glue fixed it though. I might try swapping bodies later on after the video.

201_0262.jpg

Tried to get a certain shot with it but was in a rush. I never removed a DCD head so Im not sure how its done.

There are six 'main' characters: Rorschach, Comedian, Silk Spectre (2), Night Owl (2), Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias.

So far I've read they've made Night Owl, Rorschach and Comedian. The only one after that I would really, really want is Silk Spectre. Just those four would suit me. But I would buy Dr. Manhattan and Ozymandias if they were made, too.

A Silk Spectre 1 and a young Comedian to go with her would be awesome, but are totally not expected at all.

Sniper, if you put the head in cup of hot water it'll make it easier to pop off.

I would actually recommend boiling water. It softens the plastic enough on most figures so that it will pop right off the neck. Make sure to hold it in the water for at least 30 seconds, though.

I've though of doing the same thing to my Rorschach figure, which I got yesterday.

Ok, now that i've had some time to digest the film and the thought of owning figures from it, I'd be content just owning Silk Spectre II if they make her. :)

Before I would have wanted her, Nite Owl and maybe Comedian and Manhattan.

To me it's the other way around... Since I saw the movie, I want them all :)

Heh, not that it was a bad movie... it was quite good. But to have more than two you would probably need to get them all for it look complete. Thus, Silk Spectre is all I need. lol

Back