The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manhattanlit.jpg

Just sharing a pic i did of the DCD 7" Manhattan Figure, since this is the Watchmen.... Figure... Thread.....

Exactly right, just the regular one. I'm sure the translucent one is cool but not for me, the regular one looks like he did in the film, pearlescant and soft, and has an amazing sculpt. I was really pleased with it once i got it. I did add a little to the black around his eyes with a slight mix of black and silver to keep a bit of a sheen there. The standard figures eye shadow is too light and small for me.

Here's some regular pics though:
drm1.jpg

drm2.jpg

drm3.jpg

drm4.jpg

The two sets of legs are nice for some variation in pose, but his arms being stuck in one sculpted angle mean posing options are limited, but he's still pretty cool. He and Rorschach are the only two i got because they are the most like their comic counterparts and the only two figures i actually like of the whole two series out, none of the others really impressed me much.

It really is pathetic DCD went with interchangable legs instead of articulation. It is also too bad they didn't give him some more arm articulation. It would have been nice to turn his hand the other way at least to get some decent "blasting" poses.

Oh,

Regular Doc = comic look
Translucent Doc = movie look

;)

i wouldnt mind getting some of the 7" figures, but the only ones from the modern set I can find is Comedian and I dont wanna get him if I cant get the others for a decent price.

There will definitely be at least the 3 WATCHMEN figures from HT.

The slowness of any announcement or pics makes me think there will only be those 3. :monkey2 I guess sales will be the final determination if we see the whole gang of 6 or not.

The slowness of any announcement or pics makes me think there will only be those 3. :monkey2 I guess sales will be the final determination if we see the whole gang of 6 or not.

I hope not :(

I would love to have a complete collection of all six of them...

By the way, do you guys think the Hot Toys Nite Owl II figure should come with removable goggles?
I would display him with his goggles on. I think it would be a nice touch though, but only if the goggles fit really well.

I hope he comes with a second head, Snow Owl or a Dan Dreiberg version.

Last edited:
I hope not :(

I would love to have a complete collection of all six of them...

By the way, do you guys think the Hot Toys Nite Owl II figure should come with removable goggles?
I would display him with his goggles on. I think it would be a nice touch though, but only if the goggles fit really well.

I hope he comes with a second head, Snow Owl or a Dan Dreiberg version.

He should come with both a snow outfit and unmasked head. The snow outfit was just a cape, gloves, and a mask. They should be included with the figure because besides an owl-a-rang he doesn't really have anything else to come with.

Comedian and Rorschach on the other hand have lots of accessory choices.

Depends on when the figure was first created, like TDK there were changes throughout production. In the original promotional shots the Snow Owl suit was a completely different suit, white with the Owl cape, mask and gloves being part of that styling. In the final film it was just additions not an entirely differing suit. So HT thinking that the Snow Owl suit was different may have not included those pieces in their original plans.

Watching the movie I thought they showed a full snow owl outfit on display in the cave. And that he only took the mask cape and gloves when the actually went snow bound.

Back