The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on that note... does anyone want to get rid of their nite owl?

Nope...

l_40c5c5572f2b466eac5fd00188508f71.jpg

;)

oh, you are just the worst kind of person.

you probably don't need that 13" manhattan anymore, though.

That's an awesome set up!

I've been tempted to pick up the busts....are they neat?

Finally got in my DCD Comedian and I gotta say that its a pretty neat figure. I really like the guns that he came with alot.

201_0286.jpg

201_0280.jpg

The DCD Comedian looks pretty good....not as good as Rorschach, though.

I have and really like the DCD Rorschach, so if Hot Toys releases theirs, I'll have two.

But since he's my favorite of the Watchmen, I can handle that. :)

Got my DCD Comedian Guns/Tags set today. I must say, it's really nice in person and displays very well!

l_53954255a53a44a0801503fcfc3a6bab.jpg

(Look closely and you can see the reflection of my iPhone with a custom Sally Jupiter pin-up skin on the back of it ;) )

l_96f4fdcf418b4f12b7cd3aa67e603b3d.jpg

Nice set-up there, Irish. Very jealous. Quite curious how the Comedian's guns look in person. I'm worried about if they look too plastic-y in person. Of course you're not gonna bag on it since you just got it, but some real, truthful observations about it would be very helpful. Thanks!

heh, cool. is that the same thing that was on the ww2 bomber in the movie?
No, it's the same Vargas-style painting that was on the wall in The Comedian's apartment (I also have a print of it framed on my wall):

l_3c9fd1eae3d342c89aa704c4307f433f.jpg

Nice set-up there, Irish. Very jealous. Quite curious how the Comedian's guns look in person. I'm worried about if they look too plastic-y in person. Of course you're not gonna bag on it since you just got it, but some real, truthful observations about it would be very helpful. Thanks!

They really don't look plastic-y in person. But someone familiar with actual firearms can easily tell that they're not real and that the basic guns are from a solid-pour mold. Probably hard resin or even polystone. The whole thing does have a heavy and realistic weight to it. But it's obvious that it was made for DISPLAY only. Still... it does look really good. And looking through my reference books it's obvious that DC Direct took great care in making actual reproduction replicas of the stunt pistols (they weren't real, either).

I've been tempted to pick up the Rorschach mask and grappling gun set.

The Comedian's guns look pretty cool.

I've been tempted to pick up the Rorschach mask and grappling gun set.

I have that as well. Here are some pics:

l_ec42e3d7978b44f58edefab454e2c957.jpg

l_ee88c62c5e0344beab4d9037abe1c93a.jpg

I was disappointed in the mask (it's not wearable at all)... until I learned that it's made from the same exact fabric as the ones used in the film. Now that's pretty cool.

I thought this was kinda funny (to those who will get it)... my friend came over earlier with his girlfriend (I was sick so they brought me soup...awww) and when he saw all of the WATCHMEN swag I've accumulated over the past couple of months (a lot of which I still have yet to catalog and display or put away) he said, "Jesus, dude, you're like the Steve Sansweet of WATCHMEN stuff!" :lol :eek:

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Irish had a closet with a switch that revealed a chamber with the Comedian's full costume and extras! :D

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Irish had a closet with a switch that revealed a chamber with the Comedian's full costume and extras! :D

:eek: I'm actually working on something similar that will be in what will eventually be my "WATCHMEN Room" in the basement. :monkey3

It won't have the automatic switch, though. Unless my brother (who's not at all a geek but loves to engineer that type of stuff) twists my arm. :lol

(And I think I might use that Sansweet line as my new signature... I'm still LOLing)

Back