The Watchmen Figure Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the HT comedian will come with rubber body like HB instead of plastic with joints like those from the DCD ones.

Any news just yet? They sure are taking their own sweet time. All those hints on FB weeks ago, and still nothing :(

Pretty much lost interest. I'm a big fan of the graphic novel but still haven't even seen the movie... still intend to in the next couple of weeks though...

Those comedian guns/tags look awsome! What do the words around the happy faces say?

Got my DCD Comedian Guns/Tags set today. I must say, it's really nice in person and displays very well!

l_53954255a53a44a0801503fcfc3a6bab.jpg

Damn, you just had to go and post that picture...

Rapidly losing interest.

Pretty much lost interest. I'm a big fan of the graphic novel but still haven't even seen the movie... still intend to in the next couple of weeks though...

I don't think I could ever lose interest in Hot Toys Watchmen figures. The graphic novel and movie are just so good. The characters are very well written and look very cool. I can't wait for the first pictures from Hot Toys.

The only thing I am starting to lose is my patience... :D So come on Hot Toys, give us something...

Those comedian guns/tags look awsome! What do the words around the happy faces say?

One has, "To Edward Blake" & "With Gratitude"

The other has, "Richard Nixon" & "1970"

The circular plaque inside reads:

"In recognition of meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty this special honor is presented to Edward Blake A.K.A. "The Comedian" with the gratitude of the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America. Richard M. Nixon. Washington, DC, USA 1970."

I don't think I could ever lose interest in Hot Toys Watchmen figures. The graphic novel and movie are just so good. The characters are very well written and look very cool. I can't wait for the first pictures from Hot Toys.

The only thing I am starting to lose is my patience... :D So come on Hot Toys, give us something...

Same.

Besides, if I lost interest that rapidly, there wouldn't be any point in me collecting at all because nothing would hold any meaning for me.

One has, "To Edward Blake" & "With Gratitude"

The other has, "Richard Nixon" & "1970"

The circular plaque inside reads:

"In recognition of meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty this special honor is presented to Edward Blake A.K.A. "The Comedian" with the gratitude of the Commander-in-Chief of the United States of America. Richard M. Nixon. Washington, DC, USA 1970."

Thanks Bro! Congratz on that cool piece.

Same.

Besides, if I lost interest that rapidly, there wouldn't be any point in me collecting at all because nothing would hold any meaning for me.

Good point. You get what you love and collect it because it means something to you.:D

Yeah, getting the current trend just for kicks isn't the way to collect, IMO.

I've had lines stall or die, but if they were revived tomorrow with characters they didn't make the first time around I would be just as excited as I would have been a couple years ago.

That said, the wait for these is driving me crazy because I'd planned to get the DCD 1/6th figures of Comedian and Manhattan if Hot Toys didn't do anything with Watchmen.

I just finished watching the movie.

Most of the time while I was watching, part of my brain was thinking how is HT going to execute each character, and what would they be like. Just some random thoughts, I think they will use their new slim jacko body for rorschach, as he's pretty lean and short, similar to jacko.

The movie isn't playing in theaters here anymore. This past week was its last and I went and seen it again.

Where's the announcement for these figures, anyway? To say I'm impatient by now would be like stating Dr. Manhattan is blue.

I'm tired of checking this thread and seeing nothing new... can someone PM me when they announce these? :lol

I bet Wookster is gonna start a new thread the minute HT announced and released theirs, and this thread will completely died down. So don't think its necessary to check here anymore now.

Back