The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, CDPR is releasing a major bug patch in less than a week to address the issues...

About 10 hours in (I think) and not a single bug or glitch yet.

The game is so insanely enormous I feel like I'm still in the intro. I've decided I don't want to spoil things by just riding everywhere. I want to do all the secondary quests, witcher contracts and treasure hunts before moving on.
So at 10 hours I've really only seen 2 large villages and one small castle lol

I've experienced 2 quest glitches early where if you don't complete the quests as soon as you get it, you end up being unable to finish the quests and they stay in your quest log forever. This bothered me to no end so I started over.

A good game for sure but riddled with bugs. Worse than AC Unity IMO.

Really? I'm on Xbox, and the worst bug I've had is there's no key for 1 person in distress, and one merchant wasn't able to be talked to until I rebooted the Xbox. 20+ hours in in Skyrim I already had about 5 broken quests.

Overall, for a game of this complexity, I think it's going very well.

Well, CDPR is releasing a major bug patch in less than a week to address the issues...

Sad state of the game industry these days. Almost every game now is shipped with the mentality of 'hey its not finished, we'll just patch it once it's out'. People who haven't experienced bugs are either lucky or lying. I can't have a single play session where I don't experience some kind of immersion breaking glitch

the bugs i've encountered so far

1- slight stutter
2- won't Whistle to call on the horse
3- no talk Button when i want to purchase something
4- refuses to climb
5- first person mode Geralt

i'm so bad at Gwent, i don't understand it .. i'm just Bad at all Card Games since i don't understand how to play them "even if i read them" .. only card game i'm good at is UNO .

I never had the patience to learn any of those "in-game games" like pazaak in KotoR or quasar in Mass Effect. To be honest I have just ignored the people who ask to play gwent and haven't even bothered, theres just so much else to do.

So you get asked bunch of questions of the Nilfgard General before seeing the emperor... Am Im the only one who had no clue what the ##$%% this guy was talking about ?? I just randomly answered those questions without any background knowledge :(

Yeah I think that happens if you say you chose to simulate a Witcher 2 world at the beginning. And depending on how you answer your world will be different. Like, apparently I was asked if Letho or w/e his name was died of alive, I chose alive so I had an entire side quest with him after he popped up in my game. Had no idea who he was, but he knew who I was. Looked him up and it said depending how I answered the question from that guy at the palace determined if he would be in the game or not.

its just to bad they were no back information to pick up before I have to answer with no clue at all

That's cool that Leto showed up depending on what answer you gave. I wonder if other characters from Witcher 2 will show up as well. Would love to see Saskia or Iorveth again.

Just some tips from my POV.

I forget the name, but I play, not the hardest, but the first difficulty that does not allow regen of life during meditation.

So starting off feeling fairly weak, I put points into my Fast and Strong attack. Once I got a better weapon, those perks then applied to a better weapon jumped my damage be a very noticeable amount.

Signs. I maxed the first 2 slots for the shield perk. First perk makes your shield explode and pushback/knock down enemies when the bubble pops. The second perk allows you to hold your bubble up, if it struck, you gain life. Max the 2nd allows for no stamina to drain as you hold the bubble up.

So far, with those 2 together...I can 1) slightly hold the bubble and release for a small AOE anytime I want. Also, given good timing or just fighting one enemy at a time, you can use the bubble for self healing. For example I was low on life, I just hold the bubble and walk toward the enemy. They swing, I heal. Repeat until full health. At level 12, I was letting level 3-5 bandits hit me and some of them were returning a 1/4-1/3 of my hp a hit. Also as you heal, you can let the bubble pop for a stagger and then kill them. :D Big flying creature about to dive-bomb you or pounce...just charge the bubble and let them heal you. :p

So before I was hoarding/searching for food all the time to be safe, now I just mess around with an easy enemy to let him heal myself before killing and moving on.

This game is great, I'm hooked. Enjoying every bit of it, honestly probably my favorite game on the new consoles since they were released.

Loved that Letho appeared in the game!
For those that don't know, he was the bad guy of Witcher 2 .... Witcher 2 is a political story centering around warring kings.
... there are multiple ways to finish the game and they actually have the option where when you come face to face with Letho, you can simply both choose to say, 'screw this, we are Witcher's this is all not our problem' :D
I chose that and thought it was quite cool that you can actually then subsequently meet him in Witcher 3 and do some quests.

I've now put in just over 24hours and haven't left the first of the 3 major maps yet ! :horror

Question: When you have a monster trophy equipped to your horse does that benefit apply to you only when you are riding him or fighting from atop him or does it carry over to you even when you aren't near him?

Question: When you have a monster trophy equipped to your horse does that benefit apply to you only when you are riding him or fighting from atop him or does it carry over to you even when you aren't near him?

I believe only when riding and fighting on horse.

I did 3 or so side quests in white orchard before continuing on the main quest what brought me to Velen... Im still level 4 ... you guys think I moved on to fast and should do more in Orchard before continuing ??
I see more and more quests and "things to fight" that are higher levels then me in Velen...

Back