The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brave is the wrong word

Different, unique or perhaps risky would be more appropriate as out of 29 Marvel movies this is the only one set in an international locale and the only one with an all but one foreign cast

The Lonely Shepard song from Kill Bill would've been brave in this. :lol

No, putting up the cash after Origins for name actors would have been risky, take off your beer goggles. :lol

Plus its an overall summaton of the movie, not just these little bits and pieces you try to kibble onto because you think people are attacking "your" movie. :slap

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Last edited:
Yep.

I think it was more than just a link, it almost seemed like they were beginning the next movie...
At first I though it was just a setup to foreshadow Trask's programs wit that TV ad... was totally blown away by Magneto and Charles showing up.

I thought that scene was great, but
it will be interesting to see if ,in the next movie, they explain how old Charles has a body again, after what happened to him in X-Men 3.

Seems to be doing well.

The Wolverine had plenty of bark at the box office, and just enough bite.

The sixth installment of the X-Men franchise clawed its way to $55 million this weekend, according to studio estimates from box-office trackers Hollywood.com.

While the debut was plenty to win the weekend — there were no other major newcomers as studios cleared a path for the comic-book adaptation — the opening fell short of analysts' projections, which called for a bow of at least $65 million.

Still, it snapped the string of high-priced live-action films that couldn't claim the weekend crown. Last week, the $20 million horror flick The Conjuring opened to $42 million, crushing the $130 million supernatural film R.I.P.D., which debuted to a dismal $13 million. Similarly, Pacific Rim ($37 million), The Lone Ranger ($29 million) and White House Down ($25 million) opened well below projections, falling to cheaper movies and animated films.

While Wolverine's opening was solid for a sixth franchise installment, analysts wondered whether moviegoers are suffering mutant fatigue. The previous Wolverine film, 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, debuted to $85 million.

https://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2593087

Also Nova, Thor. Hemsworth was pretty much an unknown at that point. His biggest movie was a 8 minute part in Star Trek.

I enjoyed the film not the best film of the year but it did it's job and did it very well. Thi k this was Jackmans best putting as wolverine and hope they do a 3rd wolverine movie

I agree even though he's a bit tall he pulled it off, keep'em coming.

Saw the movie today. I really liked it. Wolverine is a badass as usual which I loved. Jackman is awesome in the roll as always and in looking forward more now to Days of Futures Past.

Man this movie ROCKED. Best X-Men/Wolverine movie to date! The Japanese setting, style, and influence was absolutely amazing. The funeral scene was especially top notch - perhaps the best action cinematography I've seen in the past year in film.

I wouldn't mind seeing a shorter stockier Wolverine with full costume jumping around all ninja like doing back flips and using his legs more while slicing and dicing.

Last edited:
Decent movie but I left the theater wishing it had more "wolverine in it and less man logan. Well done but missing a payoff for me. I guess I like to see superheros in my superhero movies. This was lime IM3 for me; good but definitely left me feeling hollow and wishing for more. Didn't quite live up to my hype or expectations; hopefully next movie has more wolverine and less Logan/gene ****

Back