The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly::lecture:exactly:

BOM:

While it missed the mark at the domestic box office, The Wolverine clawed its way to a great $85.3 million in 100 countries this weekend. According to distributor 20th Century Fox International, that's 13 percent stronger than X-Men: The Last Stand, which closed with $225 million.

The movie's biggest market was Russia with $10.5 million, followed by France ($7.4 million), the U.K. ($7.1 million), Brazil ($6.5 million), Mexico ($6.3 million), Australia ($5.6 million) and South Korea ($5 million). It was less impressive (but still fine) in Germany ($3.3 million) and Spain ($2.8 million). It's worth noting that it doesn't open in Japan until September; considering the movie is set there and has a largely Japanese cast, there's a good chance it's going to do disproportionately well there.

We paid and watched The Conjuring, got a refill of popcorn and when went into The Wolverine. :monkey1

didnt know wolverine as a "superhero" was so weak

He could barely handle several dudes shooting at him

Kind of boring and now I think of wolvie as a puss

The missus and I caught this yesterday (in 3D) on one of our day dates (away from the kids). Definitely more in line with the Wolverine stories from the comics and I think it bodes well for what we'll get (hopefully) with the next film...

I watched this and managed to reduce the pain factor of those 3d classes with my hat. I just aligned those bails so that they weren't pressinf the side of my head that much. It wasn't that comfortable though, but slightly better :D

This was better than the first one, though there was some things about the plot I feel that were somewhat unnecessary and weird. But it was still entertaining enough and quite fun.

3,5/5

About that height... They could have use the same tech like they did in lotr and hobbit to make wolverine smaller. I assume that it was just easier to ignore that height thing in the beginning. Though it doesn't me bother that much in the end. However, it is a bit funny how many seemed to pay so much negative attention to Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher and his size, but a tall guy playing a character, who is supposed to be rather short and stocky is more accepted. Just saying, but Jackman is still really good and charismatic actor and he is better choice to play Wolverine that Cruise :D

I saw this last night and really enjoyed it. Much better than Wolverine 1.

Loved Yukio. She was such a little bad ***.

didnt know wolverine as a "superhero" was so weak

He could barely handle several dudes shooting at him

Kind of boring and now I think of wolvie as a puss

You're kidding, right? Did you even pay any attention to the story at all?

Fox is calling this a disappointment because it didn't make $65 million in the states this weekend.

Fox needs to face certain realities.

1. For most people this wasn't coming off the greatness of X-Men First Class but off the huge disapointment of Origins. A classic case of people being weary in a 'fool me once' type scenario.

2. This is a much smaller scale movie not an 'event' movie with huge set pieces, that goes against the grain of what superhero movies are these days and turn some away.

Me too, Yukio was AWESOME :love

Last edited:
$55 million seems like a good weekend to me. Hopefully we get 1-2 more Wolverine movies with Jackman before they reboot things.

Agreed. She needs to stick around for a while

Fox is calling this a disappointment because it didn't make $65 million in the states this weekend.

Considering the other openings this summer, isn't that like in the top 5 :lol

This movie did put me in the mood to be scrubbed by Asian chicks.

Thankfully wife is part Asian. :yess:

What a Yakuza sweetheart she is. :lol

Last edited:
Back