The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have used the same tech as the LOTR and shrunk Jackman

They tried using forced perspective and had the rest of the cast stand on apple boxes in the first one. But once he was accepted in the role, they canned it (just like Storm's African accent.)

Saw the movie today. I really liked it. Wolverine is a badass as usual which I loved. Jackman is awesome in the roll as always and in looking forward more now to Days of Futures Past.

Saw it today and loved it. Definite buy when it comes out!

Decent movie but I left the theater wishing it had more "wolverine in it and less man logan. Well done but missing a payoff for me. I guess I like to see superheros in my superhero movies. This was lime IM3 for me; good but definitely left me feeling hollow and wishing for more. Didn't quite live up to my hype or expectations; hopefully next movie has more wolverine and less Logan/gene ****

Only thing that would've made it better for me was a longer bath scene.

Oh.......and me in the tub too.

:D

I thought the tub scene was a nice hat tip to Beauty and the Beast.

At this point Jackman's height doesn't bother me one bit, I realize the persona of Wolverine in the comics...smaller,furry, beastial, claws, etc... but hugh has done it for a decade and to me it is what it is. He hadplenty of the hairy thing down for this flick, man that one scene where they show his chest fom the side when hes laying down... he has his own canopy of chest hair. :lol

Hes definitely aging into the hairy part of the role.

Besides, I don't care how tall he is, just wanna see Colossus throw his *** at a sentinel's face in DOFP. :yess:

Last edited:
Bout as close to a great Wolverine as we're ever gonna get. Unfortunately it was only good.

I really love Hugh, literally can't think of a single person more qualified. Only person even close is that wolf guy from True Blood and he's like 6 foot 5 at least.

Having said that, it's just a damn shame they already used the 2 best/favorite plots and didn't really nail them. Weapon X and this are easily the two funnest/best Wolverine stories and unfortunately WX played out attrociously in Origins and this could have been just a bit better.

Still holding out hope for that extended/unrated cut on blu though, a longer ninja fight etc could help.

Maybe after the DOFP Retcon they will be able to figure out a way to redo Weapon X in an alternate timeline or something.

Heard it's doing well internationally.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

BOM:

While it missed the mark at the domestic box office, The Wolverine clawed its way to a great $85.3 million in 100 countries this weekend. According to distributor 20th Century Fox International, that's 13 percent stronger than X-Men: The Last Stand, which closed with $225 million.

The movie's biggest market was Russia with $10.5 million, followed by France ($7.4 million), the U.K. ($7.1 million), Brazil ($6.5 million), Mexico ($6.3 million), Australia ($5.6 million) and South Korea ($5 million). It was less impressive (but still fine) in Germany ($3.3 million) and Spain ($2.8 million). It's worth noting that it doesn't open in Japan until September; considering the movie is set there and has a largely Japanese cast, there's a good chance it's going to do disproportionately well there.

I definitely want to see it again...but judging from the number of 2D shows in my area (just 2 a day at both area theaters) I'd better hurry before it's gone...

BOM:

While it missed the mark at the domestic box office, The Wolverine clawed its way to a great $85.3 million in 100 countries this weekend. According to distributor 20th Century Fox International, that's 13 percent stronger than X-Men: The Last Stand, which closed with $225 million.

The movie's biggest market was Russia with $10.5 million, followed by France ($7.4 million), the U.K. ($7.1 million), Brazil ($6.5 million), Mexico ($6.3 million), Australia ($5.6 million) and South Korea ($5 million). It was less impressive (but still fine) in Germany ($3.3 million) and Spain ($2.8 million). It's worth noting that it doesn't open in Japan until September; considering the movie is set there and has a largely Japanese cast, there's a good chance it's going to do disproportionately well there.

Thats pretty cool, so it made its budget back within the first weekend if you count globals. Not bad.

I saw it earlier today and while i will say i did enjoy it for the most part there was just somthing that didnt make me, excited about it. I love movies, i still remember the night i saw X-men and have pretty much enjoyed everything thus far but it just wasnt Outstanding IMO, and it looked like it was going to be.

I will say without a doubt Hugh Jackman is incredible, He is up there with Chris Reeve and RDJ as "Owning" the character in my eyes, hes an amazing actor who can do broadway musicals and then do The Wolverine and be bad@$$, i say Bravo to him, because he shines in this movie and i want him to be Wolverine forever, FOREVER!!!

The only thing for me was that

To much Culture shock going on for the character, lots of Love story but no true stakes besides the emotional stuff set up with previous movies, Cool Wolverine action but i wanted more, this was more of a character driven narritive and thats a good thing but, the posters themselves make it seem like hes going to be an animal in terms of fighting. X-Men origins went overtop with the specticle, this one went under. I want it to do well, its well crafted, a personal story, and like i said, Hugh Jackmen IS Wolverine!

But im so hype for X-men Days of Future Past, that could have the potential to be one of the best stories, i love how they have gotten to a point in this series were they can do really creative things like bridging the 2 series together.

BOM:

:woo :woo :woo

Back