The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Celtic and I are going on a double date. :yess:

picture.php

There's no logical reason for him to wear a mask though. He doesn't need protection, doesn't need to hide his identity (because even he doesn't know who he is...:lol)....so how could they work it into the narrative?

After being infected by Viper, Logan loses his powers, and is forced to hide with an order of Samurai for a number of months. Over the course of this time, he trains with them, and is given the avatar of the Wolverine, and, along with this, a ceremonial mask and robe (not dissimilar to his costume) with some reasoning as to why "Yellow and Blue are the colors of the Wolverine." After returning home, he decides that, as a way to honor his time in Japan, his new uniform will be of The Wolverine, and it ends with him opening the box to reveal that suit. Boom! There's your reasoning in less than 5 minutes.

Uh... even that goofy Cosplayer just shows that my point still stands. :rotfl

Don't see how, that cosplayer's already making a better looking or at least more accurate looking Wolverine than Jackman in a wife beater, with almost homemade gloves and trousers :lol A proper redesign would blow wife beater out of the water.

There's no logical reason for him to wear a mask though. He doesn't need protection, doesn't need to hide his identity (because even he doesn't know who he is...:lol)....so how could they work it into the narrative?

Perhaps you can't justify the mask, after all it's part of the superhero trope that he needed to wear a mask at the time, doesn't mean they can't come up with a movie explanation to throw comicbook fans a bone like good soul Batfan just did.

Besides, he doesn't have to wear it all the time.

Oh c'mon, it's funny that you find the worst possible cosplays to try to make the point :lol

Here:

tumblr_mmfw6nIPRC1razpcvo1_500.jpg

He already looks better, and do you really lack the vision to see that a proper movie redesign can make Wolverine look 10x cooler Jackman ever will.

I guess as long people keep thinking Jackman's the truer Wolverine we can get it won't happen :dunno

Still looks silly. And how do those blades retract since they are splayed out at angles?

Is this movie worth re-watching? Haven't seen it, but think I may purchase it on Blu went it comes out.

Is this movie worth re-watching? Haven't seen it, but think I may purchase it on Blu went it comes out.

I'm not sure. I really liked it. But haven't had a need to re-watch it. I'll rent it when it comes out. But not sure about owning it. But that could change.

I think so. I'm definitely buying it.

Glad to hear! I wish I would have seen it in theaters, but sounds like I need to get this. I'm probably in the minority, but I liked Origins, so I imagine this was better. Looking forward to it.

From what they show in the case I think the costume would have worked on screen. I would like to see Jackman properly suited up at least once even if it's followed by a "I'm not wearing this ****" kind of line. Just enough to get an HT figure out of it. :lol

Back