The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine 2

The studio appears not to have a whole lot of faith in it... Where's the damn trailer!

Gotta remember this isn't a kiddie movie to sell toys. Marketing won't be the same level as other marvel superhero movies.

They'd drum up interest to be sure, but since they won't get that money back from toys and people are very familiar with Wolverine to go in without advertising to entice them it's not as needed.

I don't know, I feel that with Marvel Studios movies there is an inbetween, with the exception being IM2. :lol

Iron man 2 sucked
Thor was just okay
Captain America was just okay
Incredible Hulk was just okay

I mostly feel the other way. Captain America was great, Thor was good, IM was great and the others including Avengers were mediocre

Last edited:

I thought it was R rated, and therefore not for kids :dunno

:lol....it's not. It's going to be PG-13, and Wolverine toys will be everywhere. A character this big will NEVER get an R Rated movie. Ever. It would be suicide.

I think Marvel movies (maybe all super hero movies) are done being R. Even if they reboot Blade or Punisher(please no) it'll be Pg-13 probably :monkey2

Their budgets are typically too big to facilitate limiting the audience anymore.

Well as bad overall as X3 was, it was daring to kill off so many characters.

People don't want classic characters killed, but it was unexpected to do so.

The Wolverine being set mostly in Japan is something i'd catagorize as daring & unexpected.

Well as bad overall as X3 was, it was daring to kill off so many characters.

People don't want classic characters killed, but it was unexpected to do so.

The Wolverine being set mostly in Japan is something i'd catagorize as daring & unexpected.

X-3 was PG-13. So I don't see how that goes with your point.

Which means less money. It's all about money honey.

Wolverine is just a giant dollar bill sign with claws. Nothing more to studio execs.

But then again, having a primarily asian cast means they can't attach big well known names to to the billing to add to sales.

This is what makes me worried.

Its wolverine, even if it sinks at the box office, it will still bring in revenue for Marvel/Disney.

Wolverine's Japan chapter is perhaps one of the most important arc in shaping him into what he is. I think its fresh and a brilliant idea, totally a good move - not a daring and unexpected.

not daring and unexpected for the character.

There are almost always two constants with every superhero movie.

1. well known or up and coming actors/actresses, primarily caucasian
2. Set in the USA.

This has neither, so that is daring move for the studio to take imo. it's going againt convention

Last edited:
Back