The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nagasaki scene was most likely in detail as it was for the audiences benefit. However once he saw the Sword and the photo of Young Yashida in Yukios car it likely sparked some memory which explains the further flashbacks.

Afterall in X2 he says in the car that the man was William Stryker, someone asks if he knows him a Logan says he can't remember. So seeing Stryker sparked some memory of him, a least his name

Yeah, he says "I dunno". He doesn't remember Stryker. What peeks his interest is the fact that Stryker not only recognizes him, but knows his name.

In this though, he knows the name and the sword instantly. He's even like, "yo Jean, I remember WWII" before he wakes up again.

The "spark" thing doesn't fly, he didn't recognize Sabertooth after all, and hell, he has that smell too. How come he wasn't like, "yo Cyclops, I smelled you back in X-Men: Orgins when I saved yo azz, thanks for sparking my memory bro".

That doesn't work.

I loved it. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine doesn't get any better. He was made for that role and it has clearly defined him as an actor. I remember when they announced he would be playing Wolverine in Xmen 1. Just pure greatness. I liked the story. Now I do have one question?

At the end credits, Logan request the pat down, he obviously still has Adamantium in his body or else Magneto wouldn't have been able to hold him like he did....So will Wolverine get his adamantium claws back? He has to right? And man is Patrick Stewart looking old now.

I loved it. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine doesn't get any better. He was made for that role and it has clearly defined him as an actor. I remember when they announced he would be playing Wolverine in Xmen 1. Just pure greatness. I liked the story. Now I do have one question?

At the end credits, Logan request the pat down, he obviously still has Adamantium in his body or else Magneto wouldn't have been able to hold him like he did....So will Wolverine get his adamantium claws back? He has to right? And man is Patrick Stewart looking old now.

Guess he doesn't have to, he seems to be able to "regrow" the others as needed.

and origins has essentially been removed from the whole story line

No way, it introduced Logan being in all those wars (WWII especially) AND the bone claws. That was all carried over to this film.

Prior to Origins, he was just this wandering man that didn't know who he was (unbeknownst to him he was part of the Weapon X experiment that gave him his metal skeleton and claws). Hell, for all we know, back in X-Men and X2, the original Logan might not have even had the bone claws, just the healing factor. That Stryker could have added it later.

ALL the movies connect now, even the "bad" ones.

How does first class fit with anything so far? (other than mags and charles' relationship)

They have some seriously explaining to do in DoFP if you ask me

How does first class fit with anything so far? (other than mags and charles' relationship)

They have some seriously explaining to do in DoFP if you ask me

Aside from Mags & Charles it doesn't include anything from the previous movies to contradict

Mystique and Xavier were never on-screen together in the OT so their relationship in XFC doesn't contradict anything.

Beast in X3 returns to the X-Men, so his being a founding member fits fine

Wolverine didn't know Chuck in X1 yet he met him and Mags in FC. Emma Frost was in Origins and FC which didnt match up. Cyclops was in Origins and X1/2 and didnt match up. Havok, Scott's brother was in FC which is completely ignored in all other X films. I dont know. I think they should have started with a goal in mind instead of trying to tie everything together after the fact...

Well Wolverine forgot about meeting Charles and Erik after Origins, he didn't even look at them in that scene so even without the memory loss he could easily forget two faceless people introducing themselves and leaving, he could've been drunk for all we know :lol

To me, Emma in Origins was a different person to Emma Frost in XFC, but thats just how i move on and not let it niggle at me.

Havok and Scott have no relation in the move-verse, yet. They just share a surname.

Last edited:
Back