The Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from Mags & Charles it doesn't include anything from the previous movies to contradict

:slap

The Xavier line in X-Men 1 "Jean, Cyclops, and Storm were some of my first students" directly contradicts the events of "First Class". They were none of his first students.

I'm hoping DOFP uses some clever time-travel macguffin to fix the Fox X-Men continuity issues, but I doubt it.

First is the key word here. If he said they were some of his "earliest" students, it would work.

:slap

The Xavier line in X-Men 1 "Jean, Cyclops, and Storm were some of my first students" directly contradicts the events of "First Class". They were none of his first students.

I'm hoping DOFP uses some clever time-travel macguffin to fix the Fox X-Men continuity issues, but I doubt it.

I thought he didn't become a professor until the end of the film? I haven't seen it in a while, don't remember that detail.

And it could be taken as "first students" once his "mutant academy" was actually started.

Food for thought :dunno

Yep that line doesn't mesh with XFC.

Ideally they should've been more proactive in making sure not to contradict things. Sadly they weren't.

Problem was they included lines and cameos purely for fanservice without considering if they were to use them in future, it wasn't anything more than a "did you see that easter egg of" but as the franchise contininued it goes against those things.

And it could be taken as "first students" once his "mutant academy" was actually started.

Food for thought :dunno

:goodpost:

He doesn't open his academy until the very end of XFC, so his first students aren't the first mutants (CIA DIVISION X recruits) he helped train

DOFP probably will contradict that line when Scott, Jean and Storm aren't his first students though :lol

That's Obi-wan Kenobi logic!

"From a certain point of view....but you still made out with your sister no matter how you cut it."

[JK, that could work, Bio. :) ]

It would have been so much better if MS made it instead of Fox

I know it hurts some people to accept that, but at the end of the day they belong home with their rightful owners, the ones capable of putting them all together up on the big screen, instead of this separated legal crap we have to contend with.

Back