The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The WWE needs to get rid of some titles so they mean something again.The world title and the u.s. title need to go.Not enough main event guys so we get midcarders holding titles.And get rid of that stupid Cena title belt.Cant the WWE make a title that doesnt look like crap.As far a Cena comparing himself to Hogan,he couldnt lace his boots!

The WWE needs to get rid of some titles so they mean something again.The world title and the u.s. title need to go.Not enough main event guys so we get midcarders holding titles.And get rid of that stupid Cena title belt.Cant the WWE make a title that doesnt look like crap.As far a Cena comparing himself to Hogan,he couldnt lace his boots!

World Champion- Cena, Orton, Punk
Intercontinental- Christian, Mysterio, etc.
Tag Team (in a division that means something)

The splitting of "brands" back post-WCW "invasion" is done. New contenders need to be elevated via the Intercontinental (anyone remember Warrior's beat down of the unbeatable Honky Tonk Man?...)... The red-headed Bart Simpson lookalike is a two-time champion?... Really?... Haven't watched in several years and with the roster they've got (vanilla to say the least) that doesn't seem like something that's going to change.

There are 60+ wrestlers on the active roster. The last thing the WWE needs to do is cut down on any more belts. Cutting down the Tag Team Belts and Divas/Womans Belts were good enough. What the WWE needs to do to utilize the current roster correctly in order to make the current belts relevant again.

Anyone else catch the Wrestlemania special tonight? Pitiful. They built up and showed the Undertaker match for about 90% of the show, and the rest was trying to promote next year's Rock/Cena match. Lame.

SummerSlam kicks off in 3 hours and they still only have 4 matches (and the Diva bathroom break) announced. For the second biggest show of the year you think they'd have planned things out a bit better.

Cena-Punk will probably have to go 45 minutes just to fill the time.

Henry vs Sheamus.....good match
Kelly vs Phoenix......meh but also kinda fun
Orton vs Christian......okay due to the mayhem otherwise it was same old
Cena vs Punk.....the best

Some old skool guys turned up.......

CM Punk def. John Cena; Alberto Del Rio cashed in Raw Money in the Bank briefcase (New Undisputed WWE Champion)
*Source: https://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/2011/cena-punk-wwe-title

LOS ANGELES – WWE Chief Operating Officer and special guest referee Triple H guaranteed that an Undisputed WWE Champion was indeed crowned at SummerSlam. Yet, much to the surprise of the sold-out crowd packed inside the STAPLES Center, neither CM Punk nor John Cena would raise the coveted prize high above their head at the end of the night.

After a series of near-falls in this competitive clash, The Second City Savior nailed The Cenation Commander-in-Chief with a second Go to Sleep to pick up the pinfall victory – even though Cena’s foot was on the bottom rope. Apparently not noticing that Cena had broken the hold by reaching the ropes, The Game made the three-count.

As Punk celebrated his contentious victory in one of the biggest matches in WWE history, Triple H’s longtime friend Kevin Nash – unseen in a WWE ring since the 2011 Royal Rumble Match – emerged from the crowd and leveled the tattooed Superstar with a ring-shaking Jackknife Powerbomb before making a hasty exit. Dazed, Punk was helpless as Alberto Del Rio seized his destiny by successfully cashing in his Money in the Bank contract on the battle-weary Undisputed WWE Champion. After nailing a prone Punk with a devastating kick to the skull, Del Rio pinned his shoulders to the canvas to capture the title.

Del Rio wound up on the losing side of an explosive Six-Man Tag Team Match earlier in the night, but that defeat didn’t distract the moneyed Mexican from attaining the championship glory he has long felt destined for. Del Rio knew that following Nash’s assault, Punk would be unable to repel his cash-in attempt as he had done less than a month earlier at WWE Money in the Bank. With his well-timed enziguri, Del Rio not only sealed a WWE Championship victory, but used his Money in the Bank winnings to defeat the sole Superstar to parlay Money in the Bank victories into World Title wins two years in a row.

After weeks of escalating animosity between Cena and Punk – two Superstars who couldn’t possibly be more different from one another in terms of in-ring style and personal ideals – the simultaneous WWE Title holders gave it their all as they vied to become the first-ever Undisputed WWE Champion at The Biggest Event of the Summer. In the end, The Straight Edge Superstar put the Cenation leader to bed with a Go to Sleep, emerging victorious just three weeks after his controversial return to Raw with the WWE Title in hand shook the WWE Universe to its core. This victory would similarly generate buzz throughout the WWE Universe, but for once, Punk wasn’t the catalyst.

After both Cena and Punk voiced their disagreement with Triple H’s call, The Game’s Kliq cohort Nash – himself a former WWE Champion – charged the ring and made short work of The Second City Savior, leaving him vulnerable to The Mexican Aristocrat’s calculated Money in the Bank cash-in that made Del Rio the ninth “Mr. Money in the Bank” to use his guaranteed title opportunity – which for one calendar year can be redeemed at the time and place of the winner’s choosing – to win a World Championship.

Del Rio’s dubious but nevertheless legitimate WWE Championship triumph is the latest success in an incredible landmark year for The Mexican Aristocrat, whose previous accomplishments included winning a grueling 40-Man Royal Rumble Match in January and besting seven elite Superstars in a high-risk Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match in July. Following those two remarkable accomplishments, it was only a matter of time before the egotistical Superstar captured WWE’s richest and most illustrious prize. But few could have anticipated the method by which Del Rio’s destiny would be fulfilled.

Was Triple H aware that the monstrous “Big Sexy” was in attendance at the STAPLES Center? Which former WWE Champion will get a rematch against Del Rio: Cena or Punk? Was The Game truly calling this match down the middle? And what of Stephanie McMahon’s earlier confrontation with Punk earlier in the night? Regardless, the circumstances behind Del Rio’s shocking Money in the Bank-assisted win will have a massive impact on Monday Night Raw in the weeks ahead. But, to steal a line from Del Rio himself, “you already knew that.”

LOL OMG!?!
Kevin Nash are you serious?
How was he able to get to the ring without tripping over his walker.
Dude is washed up and they brought him back.
Way to think forward WWE!

I was listening to the post-Raw Figure Four Weekly podcast a few days ago, and both guys there thought the WWE totally telegraphed del Rio doing what he did tonight with Punk's win over him on Monday.

Goddamn it. I just know Danielson is gonna be the first Money in the Bank winner not to get the title with it :lol

World Champion- Cena, Orton, Punk
Intercontinental- Christian, Mysterio, etc.
Tag Team (in a division that means something)

The splitting of "brands" back post-WCW "invasion" is done. New contenders need to be elevated via the Intercontinental (anyone remember Warrior's beat down of the unbeatable Honky Tonk Man?...)... The red-headed Bart Simpson lookalike is a two-time champion?... Really?... Haven't watched in several years and with the roster they've got (vanilla to say the least) that doesn't seem like something that's going to change.

I have to agree on that. I stopped watching wrestling a long time, but this year I started watching a little bit and to be honest when I turned on Raw a lot of the wrestlers looked the same to me. When I was watching in the 80's and 90's wrestlers had a unique look, but now they look like a bunch of frat boys. The Miz, Orton, Cody Rhodes, Dibiase Jr, Alex Riley and others all have that same look.

Some fans are never satisfied...at least they tried to be un-predictable last night.

Mark Henry is gaining momentum.....bout time he gets to shine.

Sheamus is a pretty cool character so not everything in WWE is bad.

Some fans are never satisfied...at least they tried to be un-predictable last night.

Mark Henry is gaining momentum.....bout time he gets to shine.

Sheamus is a pretty cool character so not everything in WWE is bad.
What was so unpredictable about last night's PPV? I didn't see it myself, but the only thing that seemed even a little surprising was Diesel showing up to help del Rio. I expected Edge to turn on Christian and for Christian to lose again quickly. Mark Henry is being pushed like he's Vader in his prime for some reason, so no shock that he loses to perennial mid-carder Seamus. Danielson loses all the time on Smackdown, so losing to Barret was no shocker. Every Money and Bank winner seems to cash in in situations like last night, and it was sort of telegraphed on Monday..

Mostly predictable? Yes, I'd agree with that aside from Nash's appearance.

However, the execution of things last night was top notch. Orton-Christian was probably the best they've had in their series of matches. Cena-Punk was really good. Not as good as last month, but still good.

And I didn't mean to suggest that that was a bad thing, but I just don't see WWE as unpredictable in general, and I don't think last night is any different. Having said that, I'll take solid matches and storylines that rationally and effectively develop over unpredictability. Hell, TNA is about as senseless and unpredictable as you can get, and it sucks horribly because of it. This week Kurt Angle's the good guy and Mr. Kennedy turns heel and joins the bad guys. Next week, Angle turns heel and joins the bad guys who proceed to turn on Mr. Kennedy. Next week, Kennedy and Angle join up against the bad guys, and Sting becomes the Joker. The following week, "REVERSE BATTLE ROYALE!" etc.

I really, really dig Del Rio. It's too bad that with heals like he and CM Punk the WWE keeps shoving John Cena down our throats as the premier baby face....

Anyone else love the way the Rock makes fun of Cena's jorts? Get a new look, for Christ sake!

I like del Rio, as well, though I think he would be cooler if he wore a mask as he did in his previous incarnation:

l_15d0ef606c5a483c9d3587c647e16cdc_crop_340x234.png

I really dug it when Punk wore the mask, as well. Not enough masked wrestlers, dammit!

I agree. I miss all the masks.

BTW, Sam, stay away from the WWE Legends figures. Once you buy one, like I did with the Macho Man, you end up buying a whole lot more. I think I have 8 or so now.

I got Macho Man, but won't go any further. . .unless they do a Hart Foundation 2-pack or Owen Hart circa 1996. I'm actually able to keep my wrestling toy buying in check pretty well. I've picked up a few figures over the years, but the only figures I still have at my current house are the Hart Foundation and Hogan LJN figures, the old and new Macho Man, and the Akeem the African Dream 3-4 inch figure. I do have a school bag full of the old late-80s/early-90s WWF toys, but they're in my mom's attic.

Last edited:
I'd be somewhat tempted if someone ever did a really decent Goldberg figure. That guy was awesome. :rock

Back