The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Macho Man led to Ricky Steamboat, then to George Steele... Then I picked up a Bam Bam Bigelow.... Then Kamala and Rick Rude were both somewhat cheap at a local Big Lots. Then I won a Dusty Rhodes on eBay for 5 bucks.... Anyway, it's not too bad at this point but I can see how it could get out of control. Jake Roberts is definitely one I want.

Well, the Legends line ends at Series 6...and future figs will be sold on mattycollector (much like MOTU & Ghostbuster figs). They'll also have Flashback figures in future Elite Assortments with Papa Shango and classic masked Kane in the next 2 sets.

They've got the Rockers tabbed for November 2011. Andre for January 2012. As of recently, Mattel had a poll for future Legends figs. The results were: DDP, Miss Elizabeth, King Kong Bundy, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Magnum TA narrowly missed the cut. The others missed out by a long shot (Demolition Crush, Doink, Million $ Man, etc). Mattel reps said if the figures sell well, they'll continue the polls for next year with a different assortment to choose from.

Some fans are never satisfied...at least they tried to be un-predictable last night.

Mark Henry is gaining momentum.....bout time he gets to shine.

Sheamus is a pretty cool character so not everything in WWE is bad.

mark henry is always almost there until the WWE does something stupid with him & henry disappears

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. :monkey4 :lol

Well, the Legends line ends at Series 6...and future figs will be sold on mattycollector (much like MOTU & Ghostbuster figs). They'll also have Flashback figures in future Elite Assortments with Papa Shango and classic masked Kane in the next 2 sets.

They've got the Rockers tabbed for November 2011. Andre for January 2012. As of recently, Mattel had a poll for future Legends figs. The results were: DDP, Miss Elizabeth, King Kong Bundy, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. Magnum TA narrowly missed the cut. The others missed out by a long shot (Demolition Crush, Doink, Million $ Man, etc). Mattel reps said if the figures sell well, they'll continue the polls for next year with a different assortment to choose from.
I'm surprised Magnum TA has that level of interest, given the limited time he really enjoyed the limelight before his ill-fated injury.

I'm surprised Magnum TA has that level of interest, given the limited time he really enjoyed the limelight before his ill-fated injury.

I was surprised too. The Mattel rep said that he'd likely get placed in a future poll, while the others would likely be omitted.

Thats how alot of Legends collectors are feeling these days. Mattel is blaming bad sales for the Legends line. I don't particularly like the mattycollector approach either. If I get into a line, I don't want to get into one with uncertainly that it will or won't continue.

I'd love a Magnum TA.

So the plan going forward is for some classics to be released through MC and some as part of the standard Elite line? That's not bad I guess.

Andre is going to be a MC Ex?

I'd love a Magnum TA.

So the plan going forward is for some classics to be released through MC and some as part of the standard Elite line? That's not bad I guess.

Andre is going to be a MC Ex?

Thats exactly right. It's kicking off in November for the Rockers. Andre will most definately be a MC Ex. He would've been out sooner if Mattel didn't cancel a planned Elite Classic Ring (in which he was supposed to be the exclusive). Look for him on matty in January 2012.

Can't wait to finally have a late career/heal Andre! I never liked the Jakks version.

So what happened? Sales on the Legends line was just poor? Maybe sales were tough because Jakks has done about 99% of these wrestlers in the past?.... I guess it doesn't help that Flair and Hogan are part of TNA at the moment either. Those are arguably the two must haves.

Wow...Nash came back???

Del Rio as Champ? Nope, don't like it! But if this helps the whole CM Punk angle then I'm all for it. Punk is the future for the WWE right now. ENOUGH with Cena.

I do like Nash, however he is old and his past couple years have been injury plagued. He's great on the mic though and it was awesome seeing him as Diesel in the Royal Rumble. There were rumors since then that he was going to return in some capacity and if he's healthy and can stay that way, he can definitely add some firepower to the main even line-up.

Is this turning into a big Kliq reunion? Is HBK going to come back and fight Punk too????

Oh, shiiiiiiiii. . .Nash as a bodyguard who doesn't do much seems like a good idea to me. I don't care for what he did in WCW, but he's got a certain level of charisma and a presence that I think WWE can use. The fact that he interfered for del Rio does raise the idea that he was in cahoots with HHH.

Oh, shiiiiiiiii. . .Nash as a bodyguard who doesn't do much seems like a good idea to me. I don't care for what he did in WCW, but he's got a certain level of charisma and a presence that I think WWE can use. The fact that he interfered for del Rio does raise the idea that he was in cahoots with HHH.

I'm thinking it was Stephanie's doing. Or they will, at the very least, sell that angle till it's revealed that HHH is behind it all. Punk v. the company seems to be one of the best angles in a long time... May as well keep fueling that story.

diesel-wwe-legend-sports-fashion-2_display_image.jpg

WWE still needs to get a few things together. Just "throwing" Del Rio in there doesn't help. I'm glad they're pushing the younger guys, but Del Rio has no history in America despite his legacy in Mexico. Build these guys up! Make them Intercontinental Champ or US Champ or whatever and THEN bring them to the main leagues.

The Rock and Austin didn't become World Champions within the first year or so of their careers! That is one thing I hate about the WWE now, the main event arena is such a grab bag of tossing guys there, letting them be champ and then pulling back because they just don't "stick". And they waste talent like Jericho and Punk (until his rant) in favor of these young guys who the fans just don't connect with.

When was the last time the World Championship MEANT something? They're still treating it like a joke.

When was the last time the World Championship MEANT something? They're still treating it like a joke.

You could say the same thing about all the titles right now.

And once again, can't get a clean pin on Cena in the "biggest" title match ever. God I am tired of him.

Back