The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WWE still needs to get a few things together. Just "throwing" Del Rio in there doesn't help. I'm glad they're pushing the younger guys, but Del Rio has no history in America despite his legacy in Mexico. Build these guys up! Make them Intercontinental Champ or US Champ or whatever and THEN bring them to the main leagues.

The Rock and Austin didn't become World Champions within the first year or so of their careers! That is one thing I hate about the WWE now, the main event arena is such a grab bag of tossing guys there, letting them be champ and then pulling back because they just don't "stick". And they waste talent like Jericho and Punk (until his rant) in favor of these young guys who the fans just don't connect with.

When was the last time the World Championship MEANT something? They're still treating it like a joke.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

It's pretty sad when the Heavyweight title title or the WWE title is given to wrestlers who aren't even over with the fans just to try to push them.... Swagger, Ziggler, Sheamus, etc... Those guys needed to work their way up through quality matches at the mid-card level!

WTF is that in your avatar, Rich?

diesel-wwe-legend-sports-fashion-2_display_image.jpg
Yep, that was the best period in his career IMO. Shawn Michaels', too, even though he had better in-ring performances once he got pushed harder (that's what she said).

WTF is that in your avatar, Rich?

Yep, that was the best period in his career IMO. Shawn Michaels', too, even though he had better in-ring performances once he got pushed harder (that's what she said).

Better than this?

oz04_display_image.jpg

For me Nash was at his best from the point where he lost the WWF title to Bret Hart until somewhere in mid '97 when the nWo started getting stale.

Punk now in a feud with Nash, and Super Cena in a feud with the WWE champion Del Rio. Cena back in the main event, Punk back to mid-card, everything back as it was. Looks like I won't bother watching next week

Punk now in a feud with Nash, and Super Cena in a feud with the WWE champion Del Rio. Cena back in the main event, Punk back to mid-card, everything back as it was. Looks like I won't bother watching next week

Amazing how quickly they squashed one of the most compelling story lines of the past decade. :slap They didn't even ride out the story for a month! Punk walks away with the title then the next week they crown a new champ? Any and all prestige in being champion has pretty much disappeared.

Amazing how quickly they squashed one of the most compelling story lines of the past decade. :slap They didn't even ride out the story for a month! Punk walks away with the title then the next week they crown a new champ? Any and all prestige in being champion has pretty much disappeared.

Thats because really pro wrestling started really sucking in the last 5-6 years. It was a fun awful to watch through my high school years with buddies but as just worked its way to being awful you can't watch. Hell for me not even the short run of Goldberg being on the WWE could make it interesting. Especially since they didn't use him right. Now, it really borders on just god awful TV.

There will be stability with the Raw title for a while at least until October and their tour of Mexico is over.:wink1:

There seems to be lots of nostalgia in this thread for the supposed good old days. I recently found an old VHS with a few Raws from 1999. I remember thinking it was the best thing ever back when it originally aired. Really, aside from Austin segments it was pretty terrible. I could've lived without remembering there was the Naked Mideon character.:yuck

The Raw champion was Cena, Punk, Mysterio, Cena/Punk, Punk, and del Rio over the last month.

Smackdown went Christian/Orton/Christian/Orton like musical chairs since after Wrestlemania, and not for 1 minute did Christian feel like a legit, serious champ to me.

The titles really don't mean ____ anymore, and now it doesn't have any effect when you say a guy like Flair was an X time champion, even though it really meant something back in the day.

As for the nostalgia thing, it is hit-or-miss, but I agree that the late 90s was a dark period. WCW had too much Russo, and WWF had too much "attitude" junk like Val Venis having his dong cut off, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Kane having sex with a corpse or whatever, etc.

I know there was a thread in the video game area that died quickly for the new WWE game but here is the roster for the game so far with another 14 to be announced.

17151.jpg

17152.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhr7RX_byiY&feature=related"]Big Show - Real American Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

BigShowmania is runnin wilcd , brother *chuckles*

Why's Sin Cara lumped in with the Legends there, while Rock is listed alongside all the actives? Anyways. . .now we'll finally get the Husky Harris vs. Vader dream match we've all been clamoring for.

No clue why Husky Harris doesn't use the name Rotundo... Same goes for McGillicutty not going by Hennig. Just seems weird.

Simply put. McMahon wants to own the name and retain all rights.

Back