THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to revisit one of my favorite villains in this movie...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Haven't seen it yet.. But is the film worth collecting either Version of HT's Thor from this film. :dunno

I preordered both since I loved the film and the likeness is incredible this time! Some people purchased the sleeveless (light armor) since they already have TA Thor is full armor. The sleeveless look is brief in the film however.

Go see the movie. It is a fun ride IMO. :hi5:

Just got back .... liked it a lot.
"Humor" wasn't as overboard as I was fearing....well-paced, great production. Really opened up the "world" from the last one instead of just repeating it. Cast really helps continue to sell this, especially Hemsworth. All n' all, well worth seeing....

My only nit (easily ignored by getting up and leaving at the end on my next viewing)...was the mid-credit tease. No spoiling here, just....ugh. The whole tone of it felt "off"....almost campy compared to what we've seen from MS so far. Just looked tacky....

But that didn't detract from THOR Dark World....not at all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just think that the GOTG footage was TOO different tonally from the Thor/current MCU universe that some people just aren't sure how to take it (yet). Especially those people who have no idea what the **** GOTG is (which at this point is the vast majority), let alone that it's on it's way.

I just think that the GOTG footage was TOO different tonally from the Thor/current MCU universe that some people just aren't sure how to take it (yet). Especially those people who have no idea what the **** GOTG is (which at this point is the vast majority), let alone that it's on it's way.

I think thats why they had an enemy that used Star Wars/Star trek style weapons/ships, to warm us up to the fact that its not just the Chitauri that are space invaders, theres plenty going on up there.

I liked the Viking designs on the Asgard ships and the Tele Tubbies did have cool B wing fighters.

Alot of cool norse scenery, they fleshed Asgard out pretty well, carvings, statues, everything had a great vibe to it.

Maybe in the next movie Thor will inherit his Grandfather's batle armor, loved the look of the older Asgardians had going on at the beginning.

The only part I did not like was the first after credit scene...the costumes, makeup, and set just looked awful. Very cheesy compared to the rest of the movie, it looked like they put that scene together in 5 minutes.

My only nit (easily ignored by getting up and leaving at the end on my next viewing)...was the mid-credit tease. No spoiling here, just....ugh. The whole tone of it felt "off"....almost campy compared to what we've seen from MS so far. Just looked tacky....

A different director led that segment. TDW director agrees with us :lol

https://screencrush.com/thor-2-director-post-credits-scene-sucks/

Alot of cool norse scenery, they fleshed Asgard out pretty well, carvings, statues, everything had a great vibe to it.

Maybe in the next movie Thor will inherit his Grandfather's batle armor, loved the look of the older Asgardians had going on at the beginning.

Absolutely loved Borr's helmet!
..though, I can understand people not liking it for Thor.

I went in with low expectations. I knew the 66% rotten tomatoes score. Was aware of the tonal inconsistency claims. I have to say it didn't matter; I really liked this movie. Considerably more than the first one. This gave me a sense of the realm if Asgard that I didn't get from the first. I finally understood that Asgard was a futuristic place with an olde world aesthetic. I like that. It's not written in stone that all space faring races need sleek lines and such. It also made sense considering how long the asgardoans live. Tradition feels important. I felt Thor was a much more like able character than the first
Time around. He was much more demensional and also Hemsworth is finally comfortable inhabiting the character this third go round.

Hiddelston is great. And I like what the movie does to further the relationships.

The dark Elves are a bit pointless. Although I did enjoy that they seemed strong in combat and actually posed a threat. However I wasnt really to scared of malekith.
Spoiler Spoiler:

All the girls gasped at shirtless Thor Imax size. :rotfl

There was a 50 or so year old woman sitting next to my friend who made comments like "Oh my God" and "Yummy, yummy" during that scene. She was loud and annoying before the movie started and at other times during the film, but that part was the worst. :banghead

I went in with low expectations. I knew the 66% rotten tomatoes score. Was aware of the tonal inconsistency claims. I have to say it didn't matter; I really liked this movie. Considerably more than the first one. This gave me a sense of the realm if Asgard that I didn't get from the first. I finally understood that Asgard was a futuristic place with an olde world aesthetic. I like that. It's not written in stone that all space faring races need sleek lines and such. It also made sense considering how long the asgardoans live. Tradition feels important. I felt Thor was a much more like able character than the first
Time around. He was much more demensional and also Hemsworth is finally comfortable inhabiting the character this third go round.

Hiddelston is great. And I like what the movie does to further the relationships.

The dark Elves are a bit pointless. Although I did enjoy that they seemed strong in combat and actually posed a threat. However I wasnt really to scared of malekith.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Comic Books come to life. :yess::clap:yess:

There was a 50 or so year old woman sitting next to my friend who made comments like "Oh my God" and "Yummy, yummy" during that scene. She was loud and annoying before the movie started and at other times during the film, but that part was the worst. :banghead

:rotfl

Back