THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have your house wired. I also know what yo woman looks like when she sleeps.

Wife just said that the fact that Thor 1 has not one, not two, but three scenes which provide more emotional impact than anything from Thor 2 is proof that Marvel is dropping the ball with Phase 2 movies.

She believes sequels are supposed to improve upon the original or else why bother.

She said IM > IM2/3 and Thor 1 > Thor 2.

She can be a real ***** sometimes. :lol

My wife thinks Thor is hawt and likes the sappy romance. Other than that, doesn't GAF about the movie. :lol

Sequels are rarely films with more impact on us because the anticipation and awe created by seeing these things (comic book characters from our childhood) on the big screen for the first time cannot be matched. No matter how good avengers 2 is, it will not beat the first because they cannot recreate that feeling of seeing them all on the big screen together for the first time. Same applies to all these super hero movies IMO...

I thought it was alright. Thor and Loki were entertaining and Sif was hot. It felt kind of blah compared to the first one, though. I didn't really care for the villains in this one. They seemed kind of generic, I guess.

Sequels are rarely films with more impact on us because the anticipation and awe created by seeing these things (comic book characters from our childhood) on the big screen for the first time cannot be matched. No matter how good avengers 2 is, it will not beat the first because they cannot recreate that feeling of seeing them all on the big screen together for the first time. Same applies to all these super hero movies IMO...

Hmm, yes and no.

Avengers first assemble and Hulk smashing Loki brought the house down on opening night.

I think Avengers vs Ultron / Thanos should have the same impact.

But that's a happy excitement type of impact, easier to pull off than an emotional sadness impact which is indeed harder to pull off again.

Yea, that scene should have been cut.

Hemsworth is trying to get that shirtless scene in all his movies like Ryan Reynolds.

Hmm, yes and no.

Avengers first assemble and Hulk smashing Loki brought the house down on opening night.

I think Avengers vs Ultron / Thanos should have the same impact.

But that's happy excitement impact right there, easier to pull off than emotional sadness impact which is indeed harder to pull off again.

I don;t really care if they have those "oh, poor Thor, he seems so sad" scenes lol.

I want the happy excitement impact!

Yea, that scene should have been cut.

Hemsworth is trying to get that shirtless scene in all his movies like Ryan Reynolds.

Its not him, its the producers. They want as many girls to go see the Thunder God smashing Dark Elves and Trolls as possible...

I think superhero movie sequels can be even better than the first. I thought Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2 were much better than the first films in both of those franchises. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

I agree. But I don't think they were more emotional. The scene with Jean getting washed away had no impact on me at all. There was hardly any emotion at all in SM2.

My wife thinks Thor is hawt and likes the sappy romance. Other than that, doesn't GAF about the movie. :lol

Or maybe she just didn't wanna....

Stomach-Punch.jpg

Just saw the movie last night. Loved it. Great action balanced with a cool story line and the right bits of comedic timing.

I don;t really care if they have those "oh, poor Thor, he seems so sad" scenes lol.

I want the happy excitement impact!

Its not him, its the producers. They want as many girls to go see the Thunder God smashing Dark Elves and Trolls as possible...

No matter who wins (Marvel movies), TDKR/MOS loses. :rotfl

Last edited:
Haven't seen it yet.. But is the film worth collecting either Version of HT's Thor from this film. :dunno

Wife just said that the fact that Thor 1 has not one, not two, but three scenes which provide more emotional impact than anything from Thor 2 is proof that Marvel is dropping the ball with Phase 2 movies.

She believes sequels are supposed to improve upon the original or else why bother.

She said IM > IM2/3 and Thor 1 > Thor 2.

She can be a real ***** sometimes. :lol

I agree with your wife :monkey1

I think superhero movie sequels can be even better than the first. I thought Spider-Man 2 and X-Men 2 were much better than the first films in both of those franchises. Of course, that's just my personal opinion.

Agreed. Two cases of sequels being better that matched the enjoyment of seeing them on screen for the first time.

None of these movies have an emotional impact upon me.

On me they do, not many mind you, but these did:

Thor 1 scenes that I had previously mentioned plus Avengers assemble for the first time and Hulk smashing Loki, Spiderman saving Aunt May (in S2), Blade getting his sunglasses back (in B1), TDK interrogation just to name a few of my favorites.

Back