ThreeZero 1/6 TMNT Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this whole mess is about sorted and it looks at the moment like it will be a positive result! :)

Looks like things are going to end well for all in the UK. The license guys have given the nod and customs are going to begin matching invoices with boxes, work out the values and get them moving to all the boys and girls.

This has been a huge cluster**** and I'm relieved to hear some good news. It may be another few weeks before we get them but just knowing they are getting released is fantastic news. :yess:

I'll never be ordering direct from ThreeZero again though.

who,s give you guys this news - did u recieve a letter from them

A very helpful and pleasant fellow at parcelforce has been keeping some of us updated. It's nice to know there are people who care working there and kept those affected in the loop.

In all are anger and fear of losing our figures and money we yelled at customs, when even though they did jump the gun in seizing these figures they were still only doing their job. The fault dose lie with ThreeZero and not including the basic required paperwork. Also from what we've been told unless and non response to nearly all communication from customs.

I'm just happy this worked out for the best for all involved and look forward to having these guys on display and everyone's pictures.

Bucky, I've emailed his boss to make sure my thanks are placed on record as he really has done a great job in keeping things moving and us in the loop.

yeah just got off phone with parcel force and my package is there - but need to pay £81 to collect = they sending invoice out in the next couple of days to pic em up..

£81 seams steep !!!

To those that have the Turtles released so far, what are your thoughts on the final product vs the prototypes shown in promo pictures? Is the quality good? I'm on the fence if I want to keep my Raphael preorder or not. I've been thinking about canceling it, but at the same time I kind of want to keep it. Out of all of the movie Turtles, he looks the best in my opinion. So if anyone has thoughts on what they've seen with the product in-hand, I'd really appreciate it.

I like them. I was really impressed by the size and paint when I first opened Leo and Mikey. Leo's katana swords looks really real. Its not really made of metal but the paint work is awesome

I like them. I was really impressed by the size and paint when I first opened Leo and Mikey. Leo's katana swords looks really real. Its not really made of metal but the paint work is awesome

Awesome to hear. Thanks for your input. I'll keep my preorder for Raph. Hopefully they will do as good on him as Leo and Mikey.

Should be able to pick mine up tomorrow, looks like Customs has over charged (I reckon they've charged based on £380 rather than $380) but that is a fight for another day. Didn't think I'd get these so not too worried just now.

Should be able to pick mine up tomorrow, looks like Customs has over charged (I reckon they've charged based on £380 rather than $380) but that is a fight for another day. Didn't think I'd get these so not too worried just now.

Good to hear man, I look forward to your thoughts on them..

Got mine yesterday, unbiased last night and had a mess about with this morning. So rediculously happy to have these guys after all the hassle, great figures and the are just breath taking to hold in hand and look at in person. Paint, weathering, materials, articulation are all great, a great deal of work and attention has gone into these figures.

To all the guys in the UK who should either have theirs or will be getting theirs in the next day or two, the box has the paperwork on it and all the usual details are included. It looks like thus was a customs fudge up and not threezero's fault. Saying that ThreeZero could of been more helpful in sorting things out.

Can't wait for Raph & Donnie, will truly be a sight to behold seeing all four together. ThreeZeros shipping update says it should be April for the other two.

I hope everyone gets theirs soon.
(Sorry about the sideways pictures)

image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got mine yesterday, unbiased last night and had a mess about with this morning. So rediculously happy to have these guys after all the hassle, great figures and the are just breath taking to hold in hand and look at in person. Paint, weathering, materials, articulation are all great, a great deal of work and attention has gone into these figures.

To all the guys in the UK who should either have theirs or will be getting theirs in the next day or two, the box has the paperwork on it and all the usual details are included. It looks like thus was a customs fudge up and not threezero's fault. Saying that ThreeZero could of been more helpful in sorting things out.

Can't wait for Raph & Donnie, will truly be a sight to behold seeing all four together. ThreeZeros shipping update says it should be April for the other two.

I hope everyone gets theirs soon.
(Sorry about the sideways pictures)

View attachment 254673
View attachment 254674
View attachment 254675
View attachment 254676
View attachment 254677

Did u get a letter off parcel force to pick them up?
Im still waiting for mine they did say they,ve got my package but theres a £81 charge,did u get charged them same....

Glad to see u finally got yours
Lee. (hotslayer73)

I've not had a letter but was told the cost so rang up and paid and was told delivery on Thursday. This didn't materialise so pick up tomorrow AM.

If you call Parcelforce customer services or your nearest depot you can pay over the phone saves waiting for a letter.

Bucky, interested to compare paperwork when mine arrives. My new found friend at Parcelforce has been given a picture of my parcel and Threezero declared $20. I believe this may have caused my bill to be £81 instead of somewhere around the £60 mark.

Based on my understanding of the situation it is a mistake by Customs initially which was easy to clear up had Threezero been responsive, they weren't. In the end, they were cut out of the loop as they wouldn't respond. Had it not been for our chasing (among others off forum) and an extremely helpful and knowledgeable Parcelforce employee we'd have been struggling.

I'm a very avid online tracker, so once it said it was in Belfast I hopped in the car and picked it up. It's only a sort drive for me, payed there and then, as our friend at parcelforce emailed me of how much it was goning to be. That same person at parcelforce believes that the large price was due to customs taking the dollar price as pounds, we can file a complaint and possible get a corrected amount if we so choose, but who knows how much of a headache that will be.

It does say $20 on the paperwork which for the size of the box is a fat lie lol. It's only a few small pages but all the usual stuff is there, weight, contents, brief discription, address of sender and recipient, price. It also appears as if the shipper box was unopened, at least in mine. The individual figure boxes were also still in their plastic wrap. Not sure how customs check items if they don't even open them.

I've not had a letter but was told the cost so rang up and paid and was told delivery on Thursday. This didn't materialise so pick up tomorrow AM.

If you call Parcelforce customer services or your nearest depot you can pay over the phone saves waiting for a letter.

Bucky, interested to compare paperwork when mine arrives. My new found friend at Parcelforce has been given a picture of my parcel and Threezero declared $20. I believe this may have caused my bill to be £81 instead of somewhere around the £60 mark.

Based on my understanding of the situation it is a mistake by Customs initially which was easy to clear up had Threezero been responsive, they weren't. In the end, they were cut out of the loop as they wouldn't respond. Had it not been for our chasing (among others off forum) and an extremely helpful and knowledgeable Parcelforce employee we'd have been struggling.

I'm a very avid online tracker, so once it said it was in Belfast I hopped in the car and picked it up. It's only a sort drive for me, payed there and then, as our friend at parcelforce emailed me of how much it was goning to be. That same person at parcelforce believes that the large price was due to customs taking the dollar price as pounds, we can file a complaint and possible get a corrected amount if we so choose, but who knows how much of a headache that will be.

It does say $20 on the paperwork which for the size of the box is a fat lie lol. It's only a few small pages but all the usual stuff is there, weight, contents, brief discription, address of sender and recipient, price. It also appears as if the shipper box was unopened, at least in mine. The individual figure boxes were also still in their plastic wrap. Not sure how customs check items if they don't even open them.

cheers guys , just checked my tacking number and its changed today to (Liverpool South Depot Awaiting payment of customs charges)

But uselly in the past when ive picked things up they send you the letter which u have to bring with id -so what would i do if i went up without the letter just give em my tacking number and show em id (driving liscence, passport etc) would they be good enough guys yeah,.

Ring them mate and you can pay it straight away, takes about 1 minute if you want it delivered, otherwise drive down and you should be able to pay at the desk and pick it up.

Just have your tracking number go down and they'll ask your post code, that's it really. I've only ever used the letter once, most time I have the item and the letter arives a day later lol

Be great when everyone gets theirs and we can see all the pictures and see how everyone feels about them.

Just opened mine with the help of my 2 year old. Very impressed on first look, really nice quality and superbly executed.

Have had a bit of time to have a play around, here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I'm not going to post any pictures as quite honestly there are plenty out there taken by far better prepared photographers than I, feel free to google away to find these.

As somebody who is very new to this hobby, my experiences are limited both in terms of timescales for release and the quality of the figure at the end of the day. Although these have been delayed, I had used a year from ordering as rule of thumb and in fairness, but for a bungled delivery process (more about that later) they would have made it within that timescale.

I came across the Leonardo and Michelangelo figure purely by chance on a slightly random mission to see if there were any high end action figures on the back of the 2014 movie. Whilst many have been critical of the look and these were not the Turtles from my youth, I actually like the designs as something a bit different, so after negotiating official sign off from the wife I was both feet in for a pre-order for the first 2 (although she'd only actually agreed to 1!) and eventually all 4. I used paypal and a credit card in an attempt to cover my back as much as possible which hindsight (and a recent experience with One Sixth Bruce) suggests was a good decision, fortunately I haven't had to call in this extra protection on these 2.

Packaging

External box of decent quality meaning the figure boxes arrived in good condition, I can have no complaints here. Once removed from the main box, I found the figure boxes to be a little bit flimsy but nothing to be too concerned about, artwork is nice but not a classy as the Hot Toys box that my Chewbacca figure arrived in. Inside the box the figures are nicely protected by what I guess is a fairly standard plastic sandwich with all of the bits in between, a slightly unnerving look to both with a clear plastic bag over their heads, perhaps Shredder had go to them first and performed a grisly execution!

Figures

Not really interested in a debate on whether these guys have "too much going on", "strange lips", "look like shrek/hulk" etc etc etc that has been discussed across the length and breadth of the internet. They are as they are and for people who like the look, for whatever reason, these guys looked to be a real treat if the prototype pictures were to be believed. I am sure that I am not the only one who on seeing the first set of photos leant back in their chair, eyes rolled back in their head with a little bit of drool coming out, Homer Simpson style.

My first concern on unboxing was the googly eyes that seem to prevalent in all types of figures if you happen to be a bit unlucky. Whilst I am very much a novice in this field, I've read on here and seen plenty of reviews where the paintjob is not where it should be, so opening was with a certain amount of trepidation. As I pulled Michelangelo out of the box, I can honestly say I was completely blown away by just have beautifully the figure had been executed, the jumper around his waste is a work of art in itself. On closer inspection, things like the bandage wraps around his hands are incredibly detailed and weathered to give an authentic feel, I've tried to find something to fault but it is a real struggle, admittedly this may be down to my naivety and inexperience. Leonardo is similarly excellent, possibly a little less 'busy' than Michelangelo but with a similar dedication to make him screen accurate and a feel of something that has had a great care an attention to detail. The issue of the lighter colour on Leonardo's head is not as obvious in the flesh but from certain angles he does look a bit like he has the chrome dome of somebody follically challenged, although not a bad thing as he reminds me of my Dad!

The use of different materials is very nice, Michelangelo's legs feel a bit strange to the touch, but as I have no real desire to sit and fondle my turtles (not a euphemism) that is of no real concern. The soft goods looks nice and although at close quarters the bandanas do look a bit strange as the transition from plastic to fabric is quite harsh, however unless looking at from six inches away I don't see that this is relevant. The downside to the weathered fabric being that they are somewhat delicate as the material in most places the material has already been frayed or ripped.

I suspect the arm rubber will be one of the main things the sceptical collector will want to know about, I have read a number of threads about the problems these rubber sleeves create and personally will be steering well clear of damage where I can. I don't intend to stress these delicate parts, certainly not initially and I'll use the rest of you as Guinea Pigs! Joking aside, I've see the Mike Tyson figure by another manufacturer which seems to suffer horrendously, the rubber looks altogether tighter on that particular figure compared to more relaxed and almost slightly flabby sleeve on the Turtles. Without being an expert, I am not really in a position to comment, but the arms are probably the weakest part of the figure, even a relatively small bend puts a crease across the inner elbow and this looks frankly bizarre in most cases. Fortunately both figures display nicely with arms relatively straight which is good news but a shame as we may as well not have articulation here considering and have a slightly better looking figure. My feelings are ambivalent as I have seen the pain that damage here can cause and I am not willing to risk this on my first foray into the high end figure market.

Accessories

Leonardo's swords and scabbard are excellent and really capture the feel of the Katana sword that our favourite leader sports, Michelangelo's nunchucks tick all of the boxes a nunchuck could tick. Both are painted nicely and give the look of something far more dangerous than they actually are, which for a 'toy' weapon is about all that we can possibly ask! Other than the weapons we have the fairly standard set of hands for varying poses, the bonus with Michelangelo a lovely skateboard which is a nice additional accessory. I'm not sure Mikey will ever stand on the board even if I wanted him to, but nevertheless it is a really well put together and well observed nod to the character which will display nicely.

Overall

There is not much left to be said other than that I am wholly satisfied with the look and overall quality of both figures. I have to say that Michelangelo is the star of the show for me as his soft goods are so beautifully recreated and the skateboard is a nice sweetener. I am definitely looking forward to getting these 2 properly setup in my detolf and I eagerly await their brothers. For anyone on the fence over these, I'd say the decision (money permitting) is fairly straightforward, if you like the look of these guys in the film, you will not be disappointed with these figures, if you don't like them you won't like these. Simple as that.

If you've read the thread, you will already know the hoops my fellow collectors and I have had to jump through to stop UK Customs incinerating these figures. Ultimately a number of misunderstandings led to them being incorrectly classified as counterfeit, as to where the blame lies for this I guess we will never know, but thanks to a diligent and helpful member of the Parcelforce International team this decision was reversed. I'll be honest, even after this experience I wouldn't necessarily be discouraged from buying directly from Threezero should the right figure come up but I wasn't expecting such a convoluted (7 week) process as importing should be pretty straightforward.

Have had a bit of time to have a play around, here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I'm not going to post any pictures as quite honestly there are plenty out there taken by far better prepared photographers than I, feel free to google away to find these.

As somebody who is very new to this hobby, my experiences are limited both in terms of timescales for release and the quality of the figure at the end of the day. Although these have been delayed, I had used a year from ordering as rule of thumb and in fairness, but for a bungled delivery process (more about that later) they would have made it within that timescale.

I came across the Leonardo and Michelangelo figure purely by chance on a slightly random mission to see if there were any high end action figures on the back of the 2014 movie. Whilst many have been critical of the look and these were not the Turtles from my youth, I actually like the designs as something a bit different, so after negotiating official sign off from the wife I was both feet in for a pre-order for the first 2 (although she'd only actually agreed to 1!) and eventually all 4. I used paypal and a credit card in an attempt to cover my back as much as possible which hindsight (and a recent experience with One Sixth Bruce) suggests was a good decision, fortunately I haven't had to call in this extra protection on these 2.

Packaging

External box of decent quality meaning the figure boxes arrived in good condition, I can have no complaints here. Once removed from the main box, I found the figure boxes to be a little bit flimsy but nothing to be too concerned about, artwork is nice but not a classy as the Hot Toys box that my Chewbacca figure arrived in. Inside the box the figures are nicely protected by what I guess is a fairly standard plastic sandwich with all of the bits in between, a slightly unnerving look to both with a clear plastic bag over their heads, perhaps Shredder had go to them first and performed a grisly execution!

Figures

Not really interested in a debate on whether these guys have "too much going on", "strange lips", "look like shrek/hulk" etc etc etc that has been discussed across the length and breadth of the internet. They are as they are and for people who like the look, for whatever reason, these guys looked to be a real treat if the prototype pictures were to be believed. I am sure that I am not the only one who on seeing the first set of photos leant back in their chair, eyes rolled back in their head with a little bit of drool coming out, Homer Simpson style.

My first concern on unboxing was the googly eyes that seem to prevalent in all types of figures if you happen to be a bit unlucky. Whilst I am very much a novice in this field, I've read on here and seen plenty of reviews where the paintjob is not where it should be, so opening was with a certain amount of trepidation. As I pulled Michelangelo out of the box, I can honestly say I was completely blown away by just have beautifully the figure had been executed, the jumper around his waste is a work of art in itself. On closer inspection, things like the bandage wraps around his hands are incredibly detailed and weathered to give an authentic feel, I've tried to find something to fault but it is a real struggle, admittedly this may be down to my naivety and inexperience. Leonardo is similarly excellent, possibly a little less 'busy' than Michelangelo but with a similar dedication to make him screen accurate and a feel of something that has had a great care an attention to detail. The issue of the lighter colour on Leonardo's head is not as obvious in the flesh but from certain angles he does look a bit like he has the chrome dome of somebody follically challenged, although not a bad thing as he reminds me of my Dad!

The use of different materials is very nice, Michelangelo's legs feel a bit strange to the touch, but as I have no real desire to sit and fondle my turtles (not a euphemism) that is of no real concern. The soft goods looks nice and although at close quarters the bandanas do look a bit strange as the transition from plastic to fabric is quite harsh, however unless looking at from six inches away I don't see that this is relevant. The downside to the weathered fabric being that they are somewhat delicate as the material in most places the material has already been frayed or ripped.

I suspect the arm rubber will be one of the main things the sceptical collector will want to know about, I have read a number of threads about the problems these rubber sleeves create and personally will be steering well clear of damage where I can. I don't intend to stress these delicate parts, certainly not initially and I'll use the rest of you as Guinea Pigs! Joking aside, I've see the Mike Tyson figure by another manufacturer which seems to suffer horrendously, the rubber looks altogether tighter on that particular figure compared to more relaxed and almost slightly flabby sleeve on the Turtles. Without being an expert, I am not really in a position to comment, but the arms are probably the weakest part of the figure, even a relatively small bend puts a crease across the inner elbow and this looks frankly bizarre in most cases. Fortunately both figures display nicely with arms relatively straight which is good news but a shame as we may as well not have articulation here considering and have a slightly better looking figure. My feelings are ambivalent as I have seen the pain that damage here can cause and I am not willing to risk this on my first foray into the high end figure market.

Accessories

Leonardo's swords and scabbard are excellent and really capture the feel of the Katana sword that our favourite leader sports, Michelangelo's nunchucks tick all of the boxes a nunchuck could tick. Both are painted nicely and give the look of something far more dangerous than they actually are, which for a 'toy' weapon is about all that we can possibly ask! Other than the weapons we have the fairly standard set of hands for varying poses, the bonus with Michelangelo a lovely skateboard which is a nice additional accessory. I'm not sure Mikey will ever stand on the board even if I wanted him to, but nevertheless it is a really well put together and well observed nod to the character which will display nicely.

Overall

There is not much left to be said other than that I am wholly satisfied with the look and overall quality of both figures. I have to say that Michelangelo is the star of the show for me as his soft goods are so beautifully recreated and the skateboard is a nice sweetener. I am definitely looking forward to getting these 2 properly setup in my detolf and I eagerly await their brothers. For anyone on the fence over these, I'd say the decision (money permitting) is fairly straightforward, if you like the look of these guys in the film, you will not be disappointed with these figures, if you don't like them you won't like these. Simple as that.

If you've read the thread, you will already know the hoops my fellow collectors and I have had to jump through to stop UK Customs incinerating these figures. Ultimately a number of misunderstandings led to them being incorrectly classified as counterfeit, as to where the blame lies for this I guess we will never know, but thanks to a diligent and helpful member of the Parcelforce International team this decision was reversed. I'll be honest, even after this experience I wouldn't necessarily be discouraged from buying directly from Threezero should the right figure come up but I wasn't expecting such a convoluted (7 week) process as importing should be pretty straightforward.
Thanks for great write up man, I look forward to the day my figures arrive...

Back