Throne Of The Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic!
Do you mind taking a pic of Buffy looking straight at the camera?

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

No problem.

016.jpg

No problem.

Thanks!

Hmmm... It seems like a number of the Throne of the Slayer pics I've seen appear to show a bit of a lazy eye effect, some more pronounced than others. On SF, for example, some have actually returned theirs for that reason. Incidentally, I've noticed a number of other people in other threads bring up the lazy eye issue with other statues as well recently. Bizarre.

Depending on the angle, I noticed just a bit of a lazy eye effect on mine as well. I contacted SS and asked if they could send me a pic of a replacement. The lazy eye was way worse the pic they sent me so I passed and decided to keep mine as it wasn't all that bad, though not as symetrical as my other pieces.

You know, with how much we pay for these pieces, sideshow should know better than to allow such an issue. Shame! We aren't paying pennies here, we deserve better.

You know, with how much we pay for these pieces, sideshow should know better than to allow such an issue. Shame! We aren't paying pennies here, we deserve better.

Mine doesn't really have a lazy eye it just has ____ty hair paint which I haven't repainted yet. I need to get on that.

No lazy eye here either. I was definitely worried about it though.

I think it deserves a repaint and I love Biffy :lecture

Some of ours may be okay, but it isn't right for anyone's to be lazy.

100%, it is on SSC for their terrible QC. It is happening all over the place it seems.

Agreed and agreed! Sadly though, I don't see it going away. The quality of pieces two - three years ago versus now are night and day. I'm basically getting a replacement for every piece I get from them. It's gotten that bad. (My throne arrived damaged.)

Well hmpf I didn't notice a lazy eye right off, now I must go look. I know my Graduation Day Buffy has some wonky eyes going on.

Well she looks okay, not a wonky eye in sight.

Well, she's up for gift card use now. I'm worried that between poor sales of this piece, and the fiasco that befell the Faith statue, that this line may be DOA. I hope I'm wrong.

Well, she's up for gift card use now. I'm worried that between poor sales of this piece, and the fiasco that befell the Faith statue, that this line may be DOA. I hope I'm wrong.

The Silver Surfer comiquette and numerous other Marvel pieces are now gift card status too. Should that mean that the Marvel line is in danager of being cancelled? Of course not.

At the end of the day, they probably produced a few more pieces than they should have. They still made lots of cash on this. I would love to be able to sell 1150 statues and $250 a pop, even if I was left with 200 unsold ones.

I keep looking at promo pics and pics of the box, and keep getting disapointed that the dress isn't that bright on the in-person-photos. It looks out of place and dull, specially when compared to the red of the schyte and the bright yellow of the hair. They should have stuck with the bright red, too make it more dynamic. Or made the hair more "subtle".

I plan on owning it one day, but might have the hair re-painted to look less bright and more attractive.

PS. I was one of the people who said "Buffy would never wear that dress, the red makes her look too skanky". I am ficle.

Back