Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say that I've followed the Avengers a whole lot. I really started picking it up with the whole Avengers Disassembled event but then started picking up the trades of the older storylines soon after.

I'm still think that Ultron is an A-Lister. How bout this though IL, name a villain that's a true Avengers foe. Someone who isn't really pinned down to one certain hero/heroes as an arch-enemy.

Ok, cats got my tongue and you win, can't think of anyone believe me I'm trying.

Apocalypse
Magneto
Joker
Doc Oc
Venom
Sabretooth

That's just to name a few, but if you're telling me that Ultron belongs on this list. All that I could say to that is...WHOA!

Wow. You left off Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Green Goblin and Thanos on your list. I would replace Doc Ock, Venom, and Sabretooth with any of the others I mentioned. While Venom is an excellent statue, his weight in the Marvel U isn't as great as the others I mentioned IMHO.

My top Marvel villain list is:
Dr Doom
Thanos
Apocalypse
Magneto
Red Skull
Green Goblin
Ultron
Kang

Most of these villains are baddies on a global scale. That is my definition of a great villian.

My A-List Villains:

Mephisto
Dr. Doom
Magneto
Apocalypse
Ultron
Red Skull
Loki
Thanos

Note that this is my "A-List" not favorites.
Favorites would be:

Bullseye
Venom
Green Goblin
Baron Zemo
Dr. Doom
Apocalypse
Mr. Sinister

Don't forget that Ultron became a cosmic threat during the Annihilation Conquest storyline. I'm still on the fence with Ultron....really disappointed that they didn't have a switch out classic head. Looks great but it just isn't the Ultron I'm attached to.

Don't forget that Ultron became a cosmic threat during the Annihilation Conquest storyline. I'm still on the fence with Ultron....really disappointed that they didn't have a switch out classic head. Looks great but it just isn't the Ultron I'm attached to.

I don't think a classic head would have worked with this body. Has he ever appeared that way in comics? Not like that's gonna stop SSC from making it. Lord knows that comic accurate is not a must for them.:wink1:

Wow. You left off Dr. Doom, Red Skull, Green Goblin and Thanos on your list. I would replace Doc Ock, Venom, and Sabretooth with any of the others I mentioned. While Venom is an excellent statue, his weight in the Marvel U isn't as great as the others I mentioned IMHO.

My top Marvel villain list is:
Dr Doom
Thanos
Apocalypse
Magneto
Red Skull
Green Goblin
Ultron
Kang

Most of these villains are baddies on a global scale. That is my definition of a great villian.

I'd add Juggernaut to that list.

Agreed....and this is the ultimate reason why I'll pass on this PF. It's not the Ultron I grew up with in the silver/bronze age.

Also an alternate timeline where Ultron has taken over the world.

Anyone else seen Next Avengers: Avengers Of Tomorrow?

I don't think a classic head would have worked with this body. Has he ever appeared that way in comics? Not like that's gonna stop SSC from making it. Lord knows that comic accurate is not a must for them.:wink1:

Yeah he didn't have this type of body other than the annihilation storyline, but he had so many different variations that I think it could of worked with a classic head. Love everything about this Ultron but for the 6 eyes....:monkey2

I don't see Sideshow making a classic Ultron anytime soon so I'll probably have to bite if I want Ultron in my collection.

I'm sure everyone's list is different but here's mine:

Magneto
Dr. Doom
Galactus
Red Skull
Sinister
Sentinels
Loki
Mystique
Juggernaut
Green Goblin
Apocalypse
Thanos
Kang
Doc Oc
Abomination
Sabretooth

Notables:
Kingpin
Hobgoblin
Carnage

I'm sure everyone's list is different but here's mine:

Magneto
Dr. Doom
Galactus
Red Skull
Sinister
Sentinels
Loki
Mystique
Juggernaut
Green Goblin
Apocalypse
Thanos
Kang
Doc Oc
Abomination
Sabretooth

Notables:
Kingpin
Hobgoblin
Carnage

Lots of classic baddies in your list. That's something I dig a lot.:yess:

Yeah he didn't have this type of body other than the annihilation storyline, but he had so many different variations that I think it could of worked with a classic head. Love everything about this Ultron but for the 6 eyes....:monkey2

I don't see Sideshow making a classic Ultron anytime soon so I'll probably have to bite if I want Ultron in my collection.

I swear to you that if SSC had already released a Thor and Cap com, I would jump on Ultron in a heartbeat. It is a great sculpt. It would feel funny having him in my display and not having at least some of the Bigger Avengers right there with him. I think this will come down to a second chance. The ES for the Ex is pretty big for this character. I think I will be able to pick Ultron up down the line. Now I just need SSC to make Cap and Thor as comiquettes already.:gah:

I swear to you that if SSC had already released a Thor and Cap com, I would jump on Ultron in a heartbeat. It is a great sculpt. It would feel funny having him in my display and not having at least some of the Bigger Avengers right there with him. I think this will come down to a second chance. The ES for the Ex is pretty big for this character. I think I will be able to pick Ultron up down the line. Now I just need SSC to make Cap and Thor as comiquettes already.:gah:
:gah: indeed!!!

Why not just get the PF for Thor & Cap?:monkey1

Filip is a tad allergic to the cloth of Premium Formats. :monkey1

That pretty much sums it up.:lol I am one of the few who doesn't care for the Cap or Thor PFs. Can't stand cloth on my statues. The only PF I own and love is Mystique. The Joker will be only the 2nd PF I add to my collection. The reason I love this Ultron is that the only cloth being used is his cape. I like capes and jackets. They are easily removable and leave me with what I crave the most.....a 1/4 scale fully sculpted statue. For me it will always be 1/4 fully sculpted FTW! It's just my personal taste in statues.

Back