Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least the EX is already sold out. Agree with all of your statements...500 Ultrons? That is the same amount as Cyclops and I'd say Cyclops is way more popular.

While I agree with the comments as well, there's probably a reason why SS chose to go with an EX ES of 500 vs a smaller ES. Maybe placing an order for 500 additional exclusives makes more sense cost-wise, than an order of just 300 exclusives. :dunno

While I agree with the comments as well, there's probably a reason why SS chose to go with an EX ES of 500 vs a smaller ES. Maybe placing an order for 500 additional exclusives makes more sense cost-wise, than an order of just 300 exclusives. :dunno

I don't disagree with that. I'm just mentioning it from a collectors point of view. 300 would have been a better number in terms of popularity and collectibility. But as you said 500 is prob a better number for Sideshow cost wise. I don't think there has been many Marvel EX with a switch out part that was under 500.

At least the EX is already sold out. Agree with all of your statements...500 Ultrons? That is the same amount as Cyclops and I'd say Cyclops is way more popular.

I am new to this hobby ... I look at the old days ... Bowen's ES is like 3000 something ...

Is it the entire industry has been declining or it is just BW or SSC ?

I am new to this hobby ... I look at the old days ... Bowen's ES is like 3000 something ...

Is it the entire industry has been declining or it is just BW or SSC ?

You have to consider that they are different companies. Sideshow never really produced statues with those numbers. I'm mostly familiar with Sideshow Marvel products and it is rare for SS to go over 2000. I don't see much difference in ES between now and a few years ago. I can't comment on Bowen because I never collected them.

You have to consider that they are different companies. Sideshow never really produced statues with those numbers. I'm mostly familiar with Sideshow Marvel products and it is rare for SS to go over 2000. I don't see much difference in ES between now and a few years ago. I can't comment on Bowen because I never collected them.

Really? I think the early Comiquettes go more than 2000 in total. But anyways, as my friends in USA told me, people are unwillingly to spend on luxurious products.

Really? I think the early Comiquettes go more than 2000 in total. But anyways, as my friends in USA told me, people are unwillingly to spend on luxurious products.

That was the Adam Hughes line. I don't see why you wouldn't use earlier Marvel premium formats as a better comparison? Doom 1500 total, Spider-Man 1500 total, green Hulk 1000, Captain America 1975 total.

That was the Adam Hughes line. I don't see why you wouldn't use earlier Marvel premium formats as a better comparison? Doom 1500 total, Spider-Man 1500 total, green Hulk 1000, Captain America 1975 total.

I always hv the impression that SSC is growing ...

I always hv the impression that SSC is growing ...

Bigger is not always better. Especially when we are talking about ES. For any collector, a smaller ES is better. That is of course, if you already secured your piece.

Now I think I can wait without fear and pick this up later for possibly cheaper than SSC pre-order price.

you can almost NEVER buy an EXCLUSIVE marvel SS statue cheaper than retail on ebay, the only exception are those fake exclusives that only comes with a picture and nothing else, even then it's pretty difficult.

now lord of the ring is a completely different matter, 90% of the stuff can be had on ebay for well below retail price :D it's sad too because they have some of the most well made statues, guess it's just not as a popular franchise.

i think if you already decided to get this, you should just pay the deposit and order now.

you can almost NEVER buy an EXCLUSIVE marvel SS statue cheaper than retail on ebay, the only exception are those fake exclusives that only comes with a picture and nothing else, even then it's pretty difficult.

I predict that will change after this new slew of 1/5 comiquettes makes it out to the market.

now lord of the ring is a completely different matter, 90% of the stuff can be had on ebay for well below retail price :D it's sad too because they have some of the most well made statues, guess it's just not as a popular franchise.

i think if you already decided to get this, you should just pay the deposit and order now.

Thing PF, Black Panther PF, Mystique PF, Silver Surfer com, and most of the Coms just released, could all be purchased less than retail over the last couple of months. All these Ex's go for less than retail at some point on the bay. Ultron will be no different. If I pick him up within the first couple of months of release, I am confident that I can purchase the EX at or below retail. The Es was too large for Ultron. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :wink1:

Thing PF, Black Panther PF, Mystique PF, Silver Surfer com, and most of the Coms just released, could all be purchased less than retail over the last couple of months. All these Ex's go for less than retail at some point on the bay.

please show me any one of those exclusive that went below retail on ebay, sold or still active doesnt matter :wink1:

check black panther, arguably one of the least popular statue in the marvel universe and it's still going around retail price.

Back