Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there you go gagaliya. Those are just a very few. Check the completed listings on ebay for more SS Ex merch that sold for less than retail. I even saw a Ex Sabretooth PF sell for $200. Insane!

Those were the tip of the iceberg. This is not the phenomenon you think it is. I've been collecting for awhile and have seen this happen numerous times. I stand by what I said. 500 is a little too large an ES for Ultron. 300 would have been better. I would have pulled the trigger then.

Thanks to the boardies for the completed listing. It's always nice to have visual aids.

the daredevil exclusive is still in stock, i give you the hulkbuster, that was a very good sale. But those are not even in the same league as ultron pf. it's like the bottom of the barrel statues noone wants.

Eventually we will reach a tipping point due to sideshow and hot toys own greed of milking the customers as much as they can, the joker pf exclusive tbd is a classic example of that. Those companies started as makers of highend collector items, then realized people will pay insane amount of money for them, all those speculators didnt help the matter either. So they start to increase the edition size and the price, going for a cash grab from its fanbase.

Now the market is so saturated with those statues, fewer and fewer are becoming must haves. The market will reach a tipping point when people just give up, then the price will crash. We are in a bubble, ask an average person how insane it is to pay $400-$600 for a doll in this economy. Even if the "purist" collectors refuse to admit it, the prospect of able to resell their statue at a higher price later on is always a major comfort factor and incentive to pay those insane prices now.

Just like the comic book crash with all those stupid variant editions back in the 90s. People just gave up, then all the speculators rushed for the exit. I see the complete set of jim lee's xman #1 for $20 on ebay now lol.

BUT we are not there yet, i say at least a few more $400 jokers and batmans away :wave

Last edited:
the daredevil exclusive is still in stock, i give you the hulkbuster, that was a very good sale. But those are not even in the same league as ultron pf. it's like the bottom of the barrel statues noone wants.

Eventually we will reach a tipping point due to sideshow and hot toys own greed of milking the customers as much as they can, the joker pf exclusive tbd is a classic example of that. Those companies started as makers of highend collector items, then realized people will pay insane amount of money for them, all those speculators didnt help the matter either. So they start to increase the edition size and the price, going for a cash grab from its fanbase.

Now the market is so saturated with those statues, fewer and fewer are becoming must haves. The market will reach a tipping point when people just give up, then the price will crash. We are in a bubble, ask an average person how insane it is to pay $400-$600 for a doll in this economy. Even if the "purist" collectors refuse to admit it, the prospect of able to resell their statue at a higher price later on is always a major comfort factor and incentive to pay those insane prices now.

Just like the comic book crash with all those stupid variant editions back in the 90s. People just gave up, then all the speculators rushed for the exit. I see the complete set of jim lee's xman #1 for $20 on ebay now lol.

BUT we are not there yet, i say at least a few more $400 jokers and batmans away :wave

I don't know about there being any sort of crash.
Maybe newer pieces won't fetch the higher prices because there are more of them, but the way I see it is this - all it takes is a handful people born each year who will pretty much pay anything to get the rare and highly demanded statues. That is all it takes and they will keep the demand and price there.

I won't comment on the collectors market for statues crashing or not. Anything can happen in this game. That has nothing to do with my posts. However, $400 Jokers and Batmans aren't news. The Spidey and Hulk coms already pushed those numbers. SSC knows that people will pay that much for the more popular comic characters.

What I'm saying is: even though I think Ultron is a kick ass statue, the character is not as popular as Doom or many other marvel characters. I believe the 500 Es for the Ex is too high and that this can be had in the aftermarket at retail or below for quite awhile. I have time to pick this up. If the Es had been 200-300, I would have more than likely picked him up direct from SSC. By the way, the Ultron Ex is only $25 cheaper than the Joker PF. The Joker PF is selling for $350, not $400.

You can say what you want about the price of the Joker PF and the upcoming Batman PF but those 2 PFs will always be selling for more than Ultron in the aftermarket. I firmly believe that. That's why I felt I could wait and pick up Ultron later. Hell, the Joker Ex didn't even take a day to sellout. I would have felt like I was playing Russian roulette with trying to snag the Joker later. With Ultron, not so much. I'm confident that I'll be able to pick up that piece at retail or less pretty much whenever I want.

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

I won't comment on the collectors market for statues crashing or not. Anything can happen in this game. That has nothing to do with my posts. However, $400 Jokers and Batmans aren't news. The Spidey and Hulk coms already pushed those numbers. SSC knows that people will pay that much for the more popular comic characters.

What I'm saying is: even though I think Ultron is a kick ass statue, the character is not as popular as Doom or many other marvel characters. I believe the 500 Es for the Ex is too high and that this can be had in the aftermarket at retail or below for quite awhile. I have time to pick this up. If the Es had been 200-300, I would have more than likely picked him up direct from SSC. By the way, the Ultron Ex is only $25 cheaper than the Joker PF. The Joker PF is selling for $350, not $400.

You can say what you want about the price of the Joker PF and the upcoming Batman PF but those 2 PFs will always be selling for more than Ultron in the aftermarket. I firmly believe that. That's why I felt I could wait and pick up Ultron later. Hell, the Joker Ex didn't even take a day to sellout. I would have felt like I was playing Russian roulette with trying to snag the Joker later. With Ultron, not so much. I'm confident that I'll be able to pick up that piece at retail or less pretty much whenever I want.

i meant $400 shipped. and you are right about the joker being more popular except missing 1 major factor - the joker pf exclusive is TBD. It will be at least 1000 or more ES.

case in point, look at boba fett exclusive pf, one of the most popular characters in star wars, it's fetching close to retail right now on ebay. Reason? edition size.

i meant $400 shipped. and you are right about the joker being more popular except missing 1 major factor - the joker pf exclusive is TBD. It will be at least 1000 or more ES.

case in point, look at boba fett exclusive pf, one of the most popular characters in star wars, it's fetching close to retail right now on ebay. Reason? edition size.

The only reason is that the star wars market in general is flooded....not edition size

The only reason is that the star wars market in general is flooded....not edition size

Exactly Ink! There is no other Joker statue like this one. The DCD Joker doesn't even come close to the quality of the SSC Joker. There really is only one choice IMHO. This will be the one collectors are dying to get their hands on. Even if the Es on Ex is 1000.

imo 500 is a bit high nowadays..since spidey had 650...
with so much and cool statues coming every month,few people are going to order

Spidey was $359 + shipping. Hulk was $369 + shipping. Both were more than the Joker's $350 + shipping. $400 is not uncharted territory for collectors of SSC coms or PFs.

i am really not arguing joker pf is somehow more expensive than others, not sure why you keep bring that up. Just saying in general the price of PF has now reached $400 a pop, which is pretty insane if you ask an average person.

also to your earlier post, sideshow pf boba fett is unique, there isnt anything comparable. the only reason it's not fetching for much higher price is because of the edition size.

joker isnt batman, and is valued lower. this has been proven by comparing the hot toys batman and joker against their retail price, batman is clearly fetching more. As to what this joker will actually be worth a year down the road, no idea but the edition size will definitely put a cap on the price.

ps i dont even know what we are talking about anymore, so will just end it here.

i am really not arguing joker pf is somehow more expensive than others, not sure why you keep bring that up. Just saying in general the price of PF has now reached $400 a pop, which is pretty insane if you ask an average person.

also to your earlier post, sideshow pf boba fett is unique, there isnt anything comparable. the only reason it's not fetching for much higher price is because of the edition size.

joker isnt batman, and is valued lower. this has been proven by comparing the hot toys batman and joker against their retail price, batman is clearly fetching more. As to what this joker will actually be worth a year down the road, no idea but the edition size will definitely put a cap on the price.

ps i dont even know what we are talking about anymore, so will just end it here.

The only reason I mentioned the other stuff was because you had said that PF prices are getting to be a bit too much for collectors and the market for these collectibles will collapse. I mentioned the Spidey and Hulk com as examples that as collectors we have already started paying those prices before the Joker PF and the upcoming Batman PF. I believe the bubble won't burst because of that. The more popular comic characters are all going to go for around that price. Spidey, Hulk, and the Joker all selling out lead me to believe that collectors have accepted that already. Hell, the legendary pieces will be selling for thousands. I'm interested to see how that will work out. If collectors are going to reject anything, it will be those based on the price. That's it. I'll end this topic here as well. I really only wanted to point out that I believed that SSC made too many of the Ultron Ex's and I should be able to pick him up at a reasonable price later.

Did I mention that I think this is a killer sculpt? Congrats to everyone who got one.

@Filip
Didn't you order this as well?

This piece is even gonna get more attention with the "Ultron War" storyline that looks to be coming up in the Avengers books.
tumblr_lkzf6ut4bU1qe0y5zo1_400.jpg

Last edited:
@Filip

This piece is even gonna get more attention with the "Ultron War" storyline that looks to be coming up in the Avengers books.

No. I don't have it on preorder. I WILL pick it up down the line. I think that it can be picked up for less than retail after release. I went ahead and picked up 2 Ex Joker Pfs instead. If I would have gotten only one Joker PF, then I probably would have picked up Ultron. I just have the feeling that the Joker PF will be a grail down the road. One I will keep for myself and the other one I'll use to fund statues I want to add to my collection. Ultron will be one of those pieces.

Basically, I'm doing all of this on a gut feeling. If the Joker PF peaks at only $700 on the aftermarket, I'm ahead of the game. I think there's a good chance of that easily happening. I then will go purchase the Ex Ulton off ebay for retail or less. I honestly think the Es is too high for this character even though the sculpt is killer. I just can't see Ultron commanding big dollars in the aftermarket soon after being released. That's the game plan. We'll see how it works out.

@Filip

The character is going to on his peak if it is a part of the movie adoption ....

Back