WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to say it but this show just does not grab me and pull me into it. It's an OK show but nothing spectacular and I am a huge Joss fan, so that's saying a lot. The night it's on is not helping it.

I know this was brought up with the season 1 finale, but it looks like everything came to a head Friday. Echo seems to be fully sentient now. Where does that put Caroline? Ballard is encouraging Echo, has he thought that through? How does this fit in his holy quest to save Caroline?

I absolutely love this show now, it's too bad we'll probably never know the answers to those questions. Stupid Friday nights. :monkey2

And what's with all the Ballard hate? :lol I thought he was a little annoying at times last season, but I like him a lot this season. His character seems so interesting to me now that he's on the inside.

Thing is she would have been sent to the attic by now. It is just not staying true to the perameters it set out last season. Like they never would have just "Let" Whiskey leave. and they didnt even address it. there was just a new "no name" doc. there. So many things need to be explained or talked about. They made security a big deal last season now its like it doesnt matter. My interest isnt going to stay if they cant hold true to their own story structure.

Saya, there is something to what you're saying. One of my pet peeves is for someone to create a 'universe', tell me what the rules are, and then don't play by them. How am I supposed to care about characters if the rules I'm told will be in place aren't being applied? I've got no point of reference for anything then.

This week's episode left me wanting more. I think that I'd hoped this show would have more of a 'sci fi' feel, but it really doesn't seem to be going there at all.

The way it's going so far is that, in every episode, Echo gets 'rented' by a client and things go horribly awry. If I worked in the Dollhouse (not as an active), I'd be asking myself if sending Echo out at all is ever a good idea. Am I wrong? Hasn't every episode basically been something going wrong with Echo and her 'mission', whatever that is?

Saya, there is something to what you're saying. One of my pet peeves is for someone to create a 'universe', tell me what the rules are, and then don't play by them. How am I supposed to care about characters if the rules I'm told will be in place aren't being applied? I've got no point of reference for anything then.

This week's episode left me wanting more. I think that I'd hoped this show would have more of a 'sci fi' feel, but it really doesn't seem to be going there at all.

The way it's going so far is that, in every episode, Echo gets 'rented' by a client and things go horribly awry. If I worked in the Dollhouse (not as an active), I'd be asking myself if sending Echo out at all is ever a good idea. Am I wrong? Hasn't every episode basically been something going wrong with Echo and her 'mission', whatever that is?

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing more of the underbelly of "the Dollhouse" at the end of season 1. Their was some darker purpose they had. but you're right about Echo and it gets stale. I sure hope they change their formula.

I want to ask an honest question...How many of you would be VERY sad if this show was canceled, and how many of you are ok if it is?

I'm indifferent, which is saying a lot. I am a HUGE JW fan and I love every single thing he has sent our way. And I wanted to love Dollhouse, but I don't. I am supporting it, am watching it, and am even buying memorabilia, but I'm not loving this show like I want to. If it had been from Joss' mind I think we'd have a totally different show. But this wasn't his baby, and I think that's where one of the major problem lies.

Indifferent. Apathetic. Just really starting to not care. How's that for honest? I'm feeling this way in large part to this last episode. It was so off course for me that I am losing interest in seeing what will happen to these characters. I loved the angst and emotional conflict involved in Buffy and Angel, that was a huge part of what made the shows so great, but there was humor, and clever dialogue, and vampires and monsters and Cordelia, and I could handle all the downer stuff.

I was so bummed by this last episode of Dollhouse. It wasn't scary, or funny, or sci fi, or gothic, or clever, or supernatural, or cathartic... Just sad and depressing. :(

I don't want to get sad and depressed when I watch Joss's stuff. So if this is the direction, then I can't say I'll be all that sad to stop being sad.

yeah if this is the direction of this show Im afraid I wont be too sad to see it go. And thats really too bad because the show had potential.

Did it really have potential? I'd like to think so, but then again, how far can something like this really go? Obviously if she's going to get memories back, she's going to screw up a lot...making her not work out for the dollhouse. So, let's really think about this...what were we expecting?

I know I was 'hoping' for something as good as FF, Buffy, Angel, but I wasn't really sure I was going to get it.

First season proved that right. And second season is now following. And if they don't kill off that Ballard I'm just going to have to stop watching.

You know when you really want to love a show but a character just bothers you so much? Not one that you love to hate, like Snyder or the Mayor, but one that you just can't stand all together that when they come on the screen you huff and puff and sigh and pray for it to be over? Yes my fellow freaks, it's really that bad for me!!!

Oh well...we'll see I guess.

I want to ask an honest question...How many of you would be VERY sad if this show was canceled, and how many of you are ok if it is?

Sadly, I'd have to say that I would be indifferent. :monkey2 I like the show a lot, but it's not something I would buy on DVD and watch repeatedly like Buff, Angel, and Firefly.

It's sad because this was the first Joss show that I was aboard on day one. I don't want it to fail because then Joss would become the Kevin Smith of TV. Meaning, he's very talented and studios recognize that, but he can't seem to get anything to audiences beyond his built-in fanbase.

Sadly, I'd have to say that I would be indifferent. :monkey2 I like the show a lot, but it's not something I would buy on DVD and watch repeatedly like Buff, Angel, and Firefly.

It's sad because this was the first Joss show that I was aboard on day one. I don't want it to fail because then Joss would become the Kevin Smith of TV. Meaning, he's very talented and studios recognize that, but he can't seem to get anything to audiences beyond his built-in fanbase.

I hate that all my Moose games are on Friday nights, when Dollhouse is on. I love Eliza and the outfits they get her to wear in every episode. She is donning the school girl look again. Man, this show rocks!

They could pull the plug on it next week and it honestly wouldn't bother me all that much. The show started to get interesting towards the end of last season, but it hasn't carried over into this season so far.

Eliza is interesting, but it's difficult to get into a show where the lead character doesn't really have a character at all. They are getting more into the mythology of the Dollhouse and echo's pseudo integration, but I'm just not feeling the show. I wouldn't really miss it that much if it was cancelled.

But I didn't really get into Firefly until the pilot (the last episode aired). But I blame Fox for that.

I actually enjoyed last night's episode. Some pretty funny stuff.

The next episode looks very interesting, and then Summer makes her Dollhouse debut the following week.

I still don't think the show will make it past this season, but maybe I can get some enjoyment out of it while it lasts.

Fridays episode was more interesting but still not getting me into the show like it did at last seasons end. I wish they would bring back alpha, that would stir things up. :D

I'm psyched about Summer Glau coming on board. Nothing like another familiar face! But the eps are going to have to get much better, or Fox will simply cancel without a moment's notice and we won't ever get to see where this is all going. But this last episode was not bad. I actually enjoy watching the other actives as much (dare I say, sometimes more?) than watching Echo. :rolleyes:

We'll see how much life is left in this series but I don't hold out much hope. :sick

Sadly, I'd have to say that I would be indifferent. :monkey2 I like the show a lot, but it's not something I would buy on DVD and watch repeatedly like Buffy or Angel.

I have to agree, I love Eliza but it just don't pull me in like Buffy did. I want Eliza to be in that butt kicking girl mode every show, she needs to be in something like Jessica Alba was in Dark Angel. I love Eliza's fight scenes and it makes me think of Faith everytime.

Back