WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE! Joss and Eliza on Fox again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This time for real:

TONIGHT!!!! :rock :rock :rock

picture2yi.png

This weeks episode was ok. Didn't wow me but there were some 'fun' moments. Can't really say much more. Next weeks looks GREAT!

It would be nice to see opening credits with the other actors in it and not just Dushku.

And I HOPE that Amy's (Claire) character comes back. And has surgery. ;)

I agree with this:
This weeks episode was ok. Didn't wow me but there were some 'fun' moments. Can't really say much more. Next weeks looks GREAT!

And disagree with this:

It would be nice to see opening credits with the other actors in it and not just Dushku.

You can never have enough Dushku. :maul

Last night's premiere was okay. The stuff between Topher and Wiskey was great, other than that it was kind of dull until the last several minutes.

I was sadly a bit underwhelmed by the season premier as well, given that it was written and directed by Joss. I even thought I'd missed recording the first few minutes, the opening scene seemed to be 'already in progress' and I was a little confused by what was going on. But I'll chalk that up to old age.

I was very happy to see Alexis Denisof. I wish they would have let him be English somehow but then I suppose he couldn't have been a U.S. Senator... I miss his English accent...

However, I thought the scene with Whiskey and Topher was odd. In the odd sort of way. I couldn't figure out how that whole scene fit into the story, or how it progressed the story, or why the heck it was in there to begin with! It just came out of the blue IMO.

I did like how it ended, and I will naturally stay the course and continue to watch the show. Also very happy to hear about some of the new cast coming on board, especially Summer Glau and Alexis Denisof as a recurring character. Sounds like we might get another great season story arc going with what's coming.

I really am worried about it's future. Joss is a brilliant creator, we all know that. But this show wasn't his original idea. It was Eliza's. So he's had to pull brilliance from someone elses idea. And that's not very easy to do. When you have a creative idea, you are able to just pull stuff out of your a s s, and it's golden. Well, at least with Joss it is. But this isn't his. So I think that's where the issue lies.

P.S. The ratings for season 2's opener is slightly less than the season 1 finale.

Last edited:
I agree. I was more interested in what was going on between topher and whiskey than anything else however I was glad to see echo remember her other actives at the end. Lets hope the next ep. holds more interest.

I am glad to have Summer and Alexis (and boy was it weird hearing Alexis talk without his English accent, which I love) but I am not happy about Amy's departure. I really love Amy Acker. Sadness.

We definitely have to see more action in this show. People love action. They don't like to 'think.' I like to think, and you all do, but mostly people want to see people getting beat up! lol. We are not only trying to keep Joss fans interests, but get some new ones. And people who are not familiar with the way Joss writes/directs, etc, are not going to stick around if they are in anyway bored or confused.

We need to see less Ballard, especially before I throw up. I have an idea, a great one. Less Ballard, more Boyd. ORR, just kill Ballard all together. I have no problems with that at all. He's just becoming annoying. Well, I say becoming but he was annoying in the first 2 minutes of season 1 he appeared in. I know some of you like him. But, I don't see it, and I don't get it. And we have someone we love, like Giles or Wesley (on Angel anyways) and that's Boyd. So give us more of him. He's the protector, strong and also very cuddly in a weird way and sweet! I love Boyd. Not at all...annoying. :)

Yes, I realize I'm rambling. But I really need to get my thoughts out.

There is so much that can be done with the characters, and Joss is on it, I'm sure. But I think a big part of the problem was season 1 where Fox had control of the first 5 episodes. Anyone here see Joss' pilot "Echo?" it was amazing. And I don't think we would have lost any viewers. Well, maybe just the lame ones we didn't need in the first place.

Anyways, before this ramble becomes worse than it is, for now I'll stop. But I have a lot more to say.... Including, bring whiskey back!

And yes, I realize that none of this was intellectual at all. But I didn't have time for that. ;)

I must admit....i have not watched this show but want to......i could only get through about 5 eps in the first season and then let it go, it just didn't hold my interest.

Should i give this show another chance?? does it get better past ep5, cause not a lot was ahaapening there and as much as i hate to say it i felt it was kinda boring, i mean ep3 was cool and parts of ep 1 but other then that i didn't really love it enough to keep watching.

So i guess i'm asking if it did get better from ep 5 and up, is this season (season 2) any better??? the addition of new characters is really interesting!!!

I will tell you this, in the limited # of Eps i saw, i HATED the apparently "funny\sarcastic" guy who was in charge of programming the girls....don't know his name but he was annoying as hell!!

I must admit....i have not watched this show but want to......i could only get through about 5 eps in the first season and then let it go, it just didn't hold my interest.

Should i give this show another chance?? does it get better past ep5, cause not a lot was ahaapening there and as much as i hate to say it i felt it was kinda boring, i mean ep3 was cool and parts of ep 1 but other then that i didn't really love it enough to keep watching.

So i guess i'm asking if it did get better from ep 5 and up, is this season (season 2) any better??? the addition of new characters is really interesting!!!

I will tell you this, in the limited # of Eps i saw, i HATED the apparently "funny\sarcastic" guy who was in charge of programming the girls....don't know his name but he was annoying as hell!!

I definitely recommend giving it another chance! We're only one ep. into Season 2, so it's too early to tell how this season will shape up, but if it's on par with the last season, I'll be VERY happy!

ok, looks like i have to go to Bestbuy and pick up first season, anyone else have an opinion on this show??

Not that i don't trust you Chap....you being the #1 Buffy fan and all :D (runs away as BuffyGirl chases me with a Stake) .....just wanna know who else is watching this and enjoyed last season.

BuffyGirl, I am so with you on the Ballard character. Either kill him off or... no, that's all, just kill him off. Annoying with a capital "as Hell".

I'm sticking with the show, just wasn't carried away with little girl shivers of excitement at the season opener, and I SO wanted the little girl shivers of excitement. I mean, this show almost didn't make it back for a second season, and I figured that this seasons's opener would be all "guns a-blazing", not in the literal 'all the characters have weapons and are shooting everything in sight', but the 'pull-out-all-the-stops-let's-show-'em-how-it's-done' sort of way. :eek:

ok, looks like i have to go to Bestbuy and pick up first season, anyone else have an opinion on this show??

Not that i don't trust you Chap....you being the #1 Buffy fan and all :D (runs away as BuffyGirl chases me with a Stake) .....just wanna know who else is watching this and enjoyed last season.

Well I might be biased because I'm a huge Faith fan but I love Dollhouse. It's by no means Buffy the Vampire Slayer but it's still a good show.

I am glad to have Summer and Alexis (and boy was it weird hearing Alexis talk without his English accent, which I love) but I am not happy about Amy's departure. I really love Amy Acker. Sadness.

We definitely have to see more action in this show. People love action. They don't like to 'think.' I like to think, and you all do, but mostly people want to see people getting beat up! lol. We are not only trying to keep Joss fans interests, but get some new ones. And people who are not familiar with the way Joss writes/directs, etc, are not going to stick around if they are in anyway bored or confused.

We need to see less Ballard, especially before I throw up. I have an idea, a great one. Less Ballard, more Boyd. ORR, just kill Ballard all together. I have no problems with that at all. He's just becoming annoying. Well, I say becoming but he was annoying in the first 2 minutes of season 1 he appeared in. I know some of you like him. But, I don't see it, and I don't get it. And we have someone we love, like Giles or Wesley (on Angel anyways) and that's Boyd. So give us more of him. He's the protector, strong and also very cuddly in a weird way and sweet! I love Boyd. Not at all...annoying. :)

Yes, I realize I'm rambling. But I really need to get my thoughts out.

There is so much that can be done with the characters, and Joss is on it, I'm sure. But I think a big part of the problem was season 1 where Fox had control of the first 5 episodes. Anyone here see Joss' pilot "Echo?" it was amazing. And I don't think we would have lost any viewers. Well, maybe just the lame ones we didn't need in the first place.

Anyways, before this ramble becomes worse than it is, for now I'll stop. But I have a lot more to say.... Including, bring whiskey back!

And yes, I realize that none of this was intellectual at all. But I didn't have time for that. ;)

I kind of have a hate/crush thing going with Ballard. One minute he is sexy to me and then he smiles or something and I think to myself "What the hell was I just thinking"

I will say this, I am a huge Buffy fan and loved most of the characters but I could never stand Wesley and I hated Gun even more so I hope he doesn't make an appearance.

BuffyGirl, I am so with you on the Ballard character. Either kill him off or... no, that's all, just kill him off. Annoying with a capital "as Hell".

I'm sticking with the show, just wasn't carried away with little girl shivers of excitement at the season opener, and I SO wanted the little girl shivers of excitement. I mean, this show almost didn't make it back for a second season, and I figured that this seasons's opener would be all "guns a-blazing", not in the literal 'all the characters have weapons and are shooting everything in sight', but the 'pull-out-all-the-stops-let's-show-'em-how-it's-done' sort of way. :eek:

I agree with you.

Last nights episode was actually really good. So i am happy about that. Let's just hope we get more like this one. On the edge of my seat fun. But I really am seeing too much Ballard. I am pretty sure the point of a show is to keep us watching...without forks in our eyes.

This weeks episode had a 60% drop in viewership from last season...Friday nights are not doing well for most shows this year, except Dateline....Yikes

Back