Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

qeOaalJ.jpg
efxyTPG.jpg

Hum, would live to see how DC plans of explaining her origin. It's still a difficult one to explain in terms of this universe so are they meta humans, gods or aliens?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

If this origin film is a period piece, then how will WB continue the pure thrill of seeing WW click files on a computer?

Perhaps a framing narrative--where she is in the modern day, surrounded by branded electronics (all prominently displayed), and clicking open video files of her WWI adventures. She could even be sipping a beverage as she stares at the monitor! (both also branded)

tumblr_m5e5ccU3B41qko4x4o1_500.gif

There's nothing more exciting than a seated hero working a track-pad or touchscreen!
:yess:
__

so are they meta humans, gods or aliens?

I think "Metahuman" is just a generalization that applies to all super powered beings in the DCEU, regardless of origin. So even though Superman is an alien he'll still be called a "Metahuman" sometimes, etc. It's like "Mutant" in the MCU.

I think "Metahuman" is just a generalization that applies to all super powered beings in the DCEU, regardless of origin. So even though Superman is an alien he'll still be called a "Metahuman" sometimes, etc. It's like "Mutant" in the MCU.
Yeah that's true , but I can't still can't see them actually being connected to the " gods" . They will probably explain it away with science and have the legend be built up around it. I had this dicussion before I don't expect to see Zues and Olympus show up in this movie.

Yeah that's true , but I can't still can't see them actually being connected to the " gods" . They will probably explain it away with science and have the legend be built up around it. I had this dicussion before I don't expect to see Zues and Olympus show up in this movie.

If I remember correctly Lex made some mention of super beings always walking among man which were the origins of various myths like Zeus and whatnot which caused Diana to furrow her brow a bit at the party. Hard to say from that how the DCCU will handle them.

If this origin film is a period piece, then how will WB continue the pure thrill of seeing WW click files on a computer?

Perhaps a framing narrative--where she is in the modern day, surrounded by branded electronics (all prominently displayed), and clicking open video files of her WWI adventures. She could even be sipping a beverage as she stares at the monitor! (both also branded)

tumblr_m5e5ccU3B41qko4x4o1_500.gif

There's nothing more exciting than a seated hero working a track-pad or touchscreen!
:yess:
__

That's one firm ass.

At least we know that Gadot is more muscular than Super Friends Wonder Woman.

If I remember correctly Lex made some mention of super beings always walking among man which were the origins of various myths like Zeus and whatnot which caused Diana to furrow her brow a bit at the party. Hard to say from that how the DCCU will handle them.
Yeah oh man I missed that I need to see pay attention to that when I go again. Yeah it makes sense keeping with the " grounded " feel of these movies.

Wonder women origins are based on Greek mythology, however this is not a clash of the titans movie were we can see Zues and the other gods is they like you said will borrow that concept from the myth only adapt it to fit this movie universe.

I guess they all are song decedent's of aliens/meta humans small goes for aquaman, who in time have add their lives told in the form of myth and legend.

lynda-carter-wonder-woman-running-gif.gif

Hey Lynda! What do you think of Gal Gadot's casting?

Linda-Carter-Agrees-Reluctantly-As-Wonder-Woman.gif

I agree! Someone should buy that poor girl a sammich!

Some folks say you're nothing but pure 70s cheese . . . what say you?

lynda-carter-as-wonder-woman-09.gif

<flees room>
___

Yeah oh man I missed that I need to see pay attention to that when I go again. Yeah it makes sense keeping with the " grounded " feel of these movies.

Wonder women origins are based on Greek mythology, however this is not a clash of the titans movie were we can see Zues and the other gods is they like you said will borrow that concept from the myth only adapt it to fit this movie universe.

I guess they all are song decedent's of aliens/meta humans small goes for aquaman, who in time have add their lives told in the form of myth and legend.

They won't be going back quite that far in the movie, but Wonder Woman is indeed basically a demi-god. She's something like 3,000 years old in BvS.

Yeah, Linda Carter was sooooooo buff.

"Buff" is what you do to a fine car (like a 1972 black 426 Hemi-Cuda).

The adjective you need is "buxom." :wink1:

Wonder Woman is a fusion of Artemis and Aphrodite:
The fiercest warrior fused with phenomenal female beauty.

Don't judge her on her looks . . . and don't underestimate her power. :lecture

She'll crush you in her Amazonian taco. :pray:

1976 Lynda Carter was 5'10" in bare feet . . . I imagine that's at least a foot taller than thou, lil' devil. :rotfl

That said, Gal was a ray of light in BvS. Her presence nearly (just about almost) redeemed the movie.
This new solo film looks to be a period piece a la Cap's first film.
Lots of potential . . . hope it gets utilized.

WW is unique in the history of comics. Her author was a weird, visionary nut.
And she's been the template for nearly every female superhero since . . . and a feminist icon to boot.

I hope she gets the film she deserves.
It's been too long since the world's had a live action Princess Diana.

And 1970s Lynda Carter will always be a smokin' white-hot natural woman.
No surgeries . . . No steroids . . . No equal.

Bow down and be bound by her magic lasso, little man! :pow
__

"Buff" is what you do to a fine car (like a 1972 black 426 Hemi-Cuda).

The adjective you need is "buxom."

No. Buff as in ripped up and muscled. Which is what everyone apparently wants WW to look like. Yet none of those people complain about Linda Carter. And Gal is 5'10" as well. Asshat. :wave

Back