Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Hold on, according to DC

She can handle atomic bombs and lava, but a bullet can cause damage :lol

Still, Wolvie can cut her then.

As far as her weapons
That's not from DC that's from a Wiki :lol I'm telling you I've seen her tank missiles and bullets, you're lucky I just got rid of the comics I already read :lol

5505850-5145050-1021619464-46921.jpg

I really don't think Wolverine can cut her, or maybe he could, which I highly doubt, if he was fast enough, which he isn't.

Magical sword, hence why it can cut Sups, because he's not invulnerable to it, just normal vulnerability. That means the sword cutting Sups skin is in no way an indication that it can cut through ademantium.
It can split atoms ffs :lol

That's not from DC that's from a Wiki :lol I'm telling you I've seen her tank missiles and bullets, you're lucky I just got rid of the comics I already read :lol

5505850-5145050-1021619464-46921.jpg

I really don't think Wolverine can cut her, or maybe he could, which I highly doubt, if he was fast enough, which he isn't.

It can split atoms ffs :lol

> Believes she's bulletproof, but posts pic of WW in full magical armor that protects her skin from bullets

Oh you count the atom thing...but not the bullets and spears vulnerability. I see how it is:rolleyes2

It's a magical sword. Ademantium is a whole different thing. Also, Amazons get killed by simple bullets in the WW film too.

It's over. You're girl can't handle small phallic objects :lol

Superman has stated Wonder Woman is more powerful than him since she is a demigoddess. That said, even Superman managed to take on several Gods and Demigods; in turn meaning WW is stronger than most Gods and Demigods; so Wolverine wouldn't really match up on the level of a God.

Now her powers make her pretty much invincible. That was all done prior before the idea of her being the daughter of Zeus.

Wolverine is also a paradox of power. So only adamantium is strong enough to penetrate adamantium (that doesn't make sense, but whatever), so yet he managed to survive Stryker's bullet to the head? I'm just saying she could do it like the Death of Wolverine and Old Man Logan. Cut off the head, dip the body and head separately in adamantium, throw the head into outer space, and voila. Also Wonder Woman isn't Superman, she is down to kill. That's never bothered her really. Her brand of justice doesn't extend to the lowly or innocent.

I'm with Gaspar, he would be floating in space before he knew what him lol.

Actually, we're not arguing about who wins. WW wins in a fight, but I don't believe there's anything she can do to kill him. Then there's WW invulnerability discussion. We all agree that WW wins in a fight. :D

> Believes she's bulletproof, but posts pic of WW in full magical armor that protects her skin from bullets

Oh you count the atom thing...but not the bullets and spears vulnerability. I see how it is:rolleyes2

It's a magical sword. Ademantium is a whole different thing. Also, Amazons get killed by simple bullets in the WW film too.
I'm not gonna re-download don't know how many gb of WW comics to show you :lol but I've seen it, without that armor, bullets and missiles, if I ever re-read them, you'll hear from me :lol

But in N52 she isn't that vulnerable, I'e only seen her get hurt by "projectiles" by other divine character's weapons, the lowest end being Barbara Ann.

It doesn't matter, splitting atoms > atoms.

>brings films into discussion
Oh pooor wolverine :lol

It's over. You're girl can't handle small phallic objects :lol

Shhhhhh you're gonna trigger someone
Superman has stated Wonder Woman is more powerful than him since she is a demigoddess. That said, even Superman managed to take on several Gods and Demigods; in turn meaning WW is stronger than most Gods and Demigods; so Wolverine wouldn't really match up on the level of a God.

Now her powers make her pretty much invincible. That was all done prior before the idea of her being the daughter of Zeus.

Wolverine is also a paradox of power. So only adamantium is strong enough to penetrate adamantium (that doesn't make sense, but whatever), so yet he managed to survive Stryker's bullet to the head? I'm just saying she could do it like the Death of Wolverine and Old Man Logan. Cut off the head, dip the body and head separately in adamantium, throw the head into outer space, and voila. Also Wonder Woman isn't Superman, she is down to kill. That's never bothered her really. Her brand of justice doesn't extend to the lowly or innocent.
Superman has said Supergirl and WW are stronger, but both said he was just being nice :lol

WW just needs to pull a little and send the head to space, yes.

Actually, we're not arguing about who wins. WW wins in a fight, but I don't believe there's anything she can do to kill him. Then there's WW invulnerability discussion. We all agree that WW wins in a fight. :D
Yep, in fact, he isn't dead right now, he's just taking a nap in an adamantium blanket.

I'm not gonna re-download don't know how many gb of WW comics to show you :lol but I've seen it, without that armor, bullets and missiles, if I ever re-read them, you'll hear from me :lol

But in N52 she isn't that vulnerable, I'e only seen her get hurt by "projectiles" by other divine character's weapons, the lowest end being Barbara Ann.

It doesn't matter, splitting atoms > atoms.

>brings films into discussion
Oh pooor wolverine :lol

> Uses atom argument but conveniently ignores the vulnerable to bullets, blades , and spears part from the same source

Movie WW is weak. Bullets can kill her. Bullets can't kill movie Wolvie.

I know she can be bulletproof at times, but like I said, she's too inconsistent, and there's plenty of proof (;)) that she isn't always invulnerable.

You really haven't proven that her sword can cut ademantium. Saying it can doesn't count :D

Wait wait wait, when did you post vulnerability to bullets in the n52? Besides Hades which doesn't count, obviously.

Bullets can only KO Wolverine in the movies, Wonder Woman can take on Doomsday in the movies, hell WW takes a heat vision blast to the face in the movies.

So you don't know what splitting atoms means, ok :lol

Wait wait wait, when did you post vulnerability to bullets in the n52? Besides Hades which doesn't count, obviously.

Bullets can only KO Wolverine in the movies, Wonder Woman can take on Doomsday in the movies, hell WW takes a heat vision blast to the face in the movies.

So you don't know what splitting atoms means, ok :lol

I'm talking about WW in general, not just the new 52.

FZrIDzC.jpg

Handle = deflecting

If she was bulletproof, she wouldn't need to deflect them at all.

The very beginning of the WW trailer shows a bullet killing or at the very least hurting one of the Amazon warriors. If she was bulletproof, she wouldn't used the bracelets at all.

Unless, her sword is made of ademantium, that thing ain't cutting ****.

I'm talking about WW in general, not just the new 52. However, the in the new 52 scan, the character was using a normal gun and bullet.

FZrIDzC.jpg

Handle = deflecting

If she was bulletproof, she wouldn't need to deflect them at all.

The very beginning of the WW trailer shows a bullet killing or at the very least hurting one of the Amazon warriors. If she was bulletproof, she wouldn't used the bracelets at all.

Unless, her sword is made of ademantium, that thing ain't cutting ****.

lolololol

Oh ok, she's kind of inconsistent pre52, but n52 I haven't seen her get hurt by anything lower than a divine, magic or heavy hitter attack, and like I've said, she's shrugged misilles and bullets.

No she's obviously nerfed in the movies, still waaaaaay above what Wolverine could dream of handling.

splitting atoms > atoms, you know it's true, or is it reaching? :monkey3: but why are we ignoring the Doctor's valuable contribution? :lol you don't need adamantium to cut his head, only any rusted old metal will do :lol

He ain't a real Doctor :monkey3

:lol

I found another inconsistency you'll be happy about, I was going through the Rebirth issues again, and in the competition where it's decided who will be the Amazon ambassador, it's shown that some other Amazons are wounded by bullets, I would assume that extends to WW, but then a couple issues later she covers a hand grenade with her bare hands and doesn't even flinch, so, I don't know anymore :lol

And people complain about Superman :lol

:lol

I found another inconsistency you'll be happy about, I was going through the Rebirth issues again, and in the competition where it's decided who will be the Amazon ambassador, it's shown that some other Amazons are wounded by bullets, I would assume that extends to WW, but then a couple issues later she covers a hand grenade with her bare hands and doesn't even flinch, so, I don't know anymore :lol

And people complain about Superman :lol

I haven't read Rebirth yet. I was going to but....not sure what happened.

Is WW from Rebirth the same from the new 52 and pre 52? If so, maybe her abilities or at least some of her powers are unique to her, and not all Amazonian women. In the wiki info, it says that she got numerous powers from different gods, like her ability to fly. Now, can all the Amazonian women fly? If they can't, then maybe that other Amazonian from Rebirth is vulnerable to bullets, but not WW because of her unique gifts from the gods, hence the grenade feat.

I haven't read Rebirth yet. I was going to but....not sure what happened.

Is WW from Rebirth the same from the new 52 and pre 52? If so, maybe her abilities or at least some of her powers are unique to her, and not all Amazonian women. In the wiki info, it says that she got numerous powers from different gods, like her ability to fly. Now, can all the Amazonian women fly? If they can't, then maybe that other Amazonian from Rebirth is vulnerable to bullets, but not WW because of her unique gifts from the gods, hence the grenade feat.
Yes, Rebirth is the same continuity, just with a different name and a big overarching plot, it's been fantastic so far.

Yeah she her abilities are given by the gods and only she has them, and she hasn't discovered all of them, but I thought it was fair to mention that bit of the ambassador competition, since I saw it, and went "dammit" :lol

New Pics:

Gal_Gadot_Wonder_Woman_official_still.jpg

Wonder_Woman_Gal_Gadot_new_image.jpg

On the UN thing (https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/complaints-lead-to-wonder-woman-losing-un-ambassador-title-a147489):

Last week, we reported on the United Nation's decision to remove Wonder Woman's status as an honorary ambassador due to a petition which questioned whether she would be the best role model for a campaign championing gender equality and female empowerment. Today, Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot has broken her silence. “There are so many horrible things that are going on in the world, and this is what you’re protesting, seriously?” said an incredulous Gadot.

In direct response to the petition's of Wonder Woman's “impossible proportions”, and "large breasts" Gadot questioned the double-standard behind such reasoning.

“When people argue that Wonder Woman should ‘cover up,’ I don’t quite get it. They say, ‘If she’s smart and strong, she can’t also be sexy.’ That’s not fair. Why can’t she be all of the above?”

The TIME Magazine article covers much more so be sure to click the link below for a full read. In addition to the interview, two new images from Gadot's upcoming Wonder Woman film were also released.

She's got a point...

PS: As for the above discussion, as someone who reading and loving Azzarello's WW, I'm really pissed at Rucka and his hissy fits. I thought REBIRTH would've been the perfect time for me to get into WW, but after seeing him act like a baby ever since the book launched, I guess I'll take a trip through the old vols.

Fixed.

But what hissy fits has Rucka been throwing? Just curious.

Cho was hired to do the covers for the REBIRTH titles. Cho's style is very "cheesecake", but his covers were pretty great:

STL010835.jpg

STL007717-600x9101.jpg

If anything, he drew her muscular, not like a twig. But all that changed when this was submitted:

wonder-woman-3.jpg

Cho gave Wonder Woman underwear, and Rucka lost his mind. Apparently he found that innapropriate. Then he got Cho sacked, but more details started leaking, about how Rucka was critical of Cho's work from the beginning, and kept sending notes to him to change his covers, even if DChad assured him the covers were Cho's and Cho's alone. Some unfinished ones have also surfaced:

13737554_965876910177757_897436155691476028_o-600x773.jpg

Apart from that, he disliked Azzarello's version, so he proceeded to completely erase it from continuity, by saying that the island that Diana's been visiting since the Nu52 began has been an illusion. There's probably more, but his whole attitude was wrong IMO. Azzarello's run was "realistic", but Rucka's more in favor of a "Utopian" society of Amazons, which is pretty out-there but whatever.

Back