Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

Gadot is a qt 3.14

Is Cho still doing the covers? He was going to hit the road after his 6th wasn't he? Because Rucka was being a cuck.

That body looks like Jen Widerstrom's physique :love

I just can't understand the problem with Cho's ladies. They're always muscular and well built, not twigs with bazookas.

Gadot is a qt 3.14

I'm still not that onboard with the casting, but it could certainly be worse. She does have a very nice and symmetrical face though.

Is Cho still doing the covers? He was going to hit the road after his 6th wasn't he?

Nah, he quit a few months back, after issue 3 or so came out. He said that he and DC were in talks about him doing a "genderless" WW series, but DC denied that. I have to say, his idea doesn't really intrigue me. The clay origin was always too "out-there" for me. I much prefer the Azzarello one.

Because Rucka was being a cuck.

I know, right? He was one of my faves, but he's a huge hypocrite. I was reading my early East of West issues the other day, and there's an expert from an interview, where he says readers should abandon the Big Two and head for the indies. 3 years later he's writting one of DC's most iconic characters. Hypocisy much? I was gonna buy the book when it was announced, but then I came across that bit, then the stuff with Cho happened, then he retconned Azz's run, so I said "**** it".

If anything, he drew her muscular, not like a twig. But all that changed when this was submitted:

wonder-woman-3.jpg

Cho gave Wonder Woman underwear, and Rucka lost his mind. Apparently he found that innapropriate. Then he got Cho sacked, but more details started leaking, about how Rucka was critical of Cho's work from the beginning, and kept sending notes to him to change his covers, even if DChad assured him the covers were Cho's and Cho's alone. Some unfinished ones have also surfaced:

Rucka found that underwear on Wonder Woman was inappropriate? So she's been going "commando" all this time during Rucka's run?

Rucka found that underwear on Wonder Woman was inappropriate? So she's been going "commando" all this time during Rucka's run?

Apparently. The cover that run had her butt cropped:

STL010864.jpg

Here's the first article when the news first broke out: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/frank-cho-walks-off-wonder-woman-after-sixth-cover/

From what I gather, it's just a case of Rucka wanting to be in charge. Like I said, he's a huge hypocrite, so it's not that big of a leap. But hell, it's not even an ass shot! Why shouldn't she even wear underwear?! He wants to write both an "Amazonian Utopia", but at the same time, he wants her to go commando? I mean, if I was walking around battling demigods and **** in hazardous environments, I'd want something to protect me downstairs.

Nah, he quit a few months back, after issue 3 or so came out. He said that he and DC were in talks about him doing a "genderless" WW series, but DC denied that. I have to say, his idea doesn't really intrigue me. The clay origin was always too "out-there" for me. I much prefer the Azzarello one.
Yeah I remember, good for Cho, Rucka had it in for him, his covers weren't even slightly outrageous at all.
Well, right now it's left to interpretation, rebirth handled it like Diana has memories of both, I like both and each can be used for different purposes.

I know, right? He was one of my faves, but he's a huge hypocrite. I was reading my early East of West issues the other day, and there's an expert from an interview, where he says readers should abandon the Big Two and head for the indies. 3 years later he's writting one of DC's most iconic characters. Hypocisy much? I was gonna buy the book when it was announced, but then I came across that bit, then the stuff with Cho happened, then he retconned Azz's run, so I said "**** it".
It's always the same with those people, they can't seem to get a handle on their own ideals.

On a side-note, you heard they revealed what Fury whispered to Thor? Surprisingly I didn't hate it, in fact, I thought it was pretty great... Whor is still a terrible character but at least the "what didst thou say" moment was made cool.

It made Gorr's run even more important since it had such big implications and consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow. That's really funny and sad at the same time.

Rucka must be a real knucklehead.

He's the very definition of the guy you see on the internet who bows down to every "opressed" group, and goes all "I'll ****ing fight you *****" through his monitor. He never even met with Cho, he stuck post-it notes to his desk or something.

But at least he's not Mark "The Manly-Man" Waid: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/15/mark-waid-use-privilege-create-safe-spaces-comic-cons/

I seriously don't know how a person can write all that stuff and make them public. Mark Waid is gonna rain HELLFIRE upon you folks. He's gonna FLIP SOME MOTHER****ING TABLES! MAAAAAAARK WAAAAAAAAID!

Yeah I remember, good for Cho, Rucka had it in for him, his covers weren't even slightly outrageous at all, Rucka is just a fa***t.

Yup.

Well, right now it's left to interpretation, rebirth handled it like Diana has memories of both, I like both and each can be used for different purposes.

Eh, I've only read snippets of it, but it seems to me he's heading for an Earth one Morisson approach, and I don't like that. It makes no sense for them to have flying bikes and healing rays. For science to advance you need different perspectives and ideas, so a small group of women from Ancient Greece managing to create more wondrous stuff than we have now is the definition of far fetched. Morisson tried to turn into a Wakanda-like situation, but Wakanda had Vibranium, Bast and was a whole damn country. I vastly prefer the Azzarello version. It's pure Greek Tragedy/Mythology in comic form.

It's always the same with those people, they can't seem to get a handle on their own ideals.

Gotta get dat moneyz.

On a side-note, you heard they revealed what Fury whispered to Thor? Surprisingly I didn't hate it, in fact, I thought it was pretty great... Whor is still a terrible character but at least the "what didst thou say" moment was made cool.

It made Gorr's run even more important since it had such big implications and consequences.

Whut? Did they reveal that in Unworthy Thor or something? I read the first two issues, but I don't remember anything specific. Care to spoil it?

He's the very definition of the guy you see on the internet who bows down to every "opressed" group, and goes all "I'll ****ing fight you *****" through his monitor. He never even met with Cho, he stuck post-it notes to his desk or something.

Oh. So Rucka is an internet tough guy, eh? Sounds like some members on this board. :lol

Eh, I've only read snippets of it, but it seems to me he's heading for an Earth one Morisson approach, and I don't like that. It makes no sense for them to have flying bikes and healing rays. For science to advance you need different perspectives and ideas, so a small group of women from Ancient Greece managing to create more wondrous stuff than we have now is the definition of far fetched. Morisson tried to turn into a Wakanda-like situation, but Wakanda had Vibranium, Bast and was a whole damn country. I vastly prefer the Azzarello version. It's pure Greek Tragedy/Mythology in comic form.
But it's magic, they don't have to explain it in scientific terms nor make it a super-advanced civilization, it's just fantasy.

Azzarello's was fine but you can't beat a classic once you understand it.

I like the approach of the new 52, it's nice for an "ultimate" type deal, but it's also nice to go back to the roots, I wonder if Rebirth will end with New 52 being separate and having Classic universe restored, of if they will "fix" the N52 universe.

Whut? Did they reveal that in Unworthy Thor or something? I read the first two issues, but I don't remember anything specific. Care to spoil it?
PM me what it was, please. :pray:

He said:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The more I think about it, the more I like it, shame we had to endure Whor for that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh. So Rucka is an internet tough guy, eh? Sounds like some members on this board. :lol

I'd describe him more as a White Knight, really.

But it's magic, they don't have to explain it in scientific terms nor make it a super-advanced civilization, it's just fantasy.

Eh, I don't like it that much. As I said, Wakanda is also fantasy, but it has logic behind it. Space Rock + Native God + A whole country = Rapid advancement. It's still out there, but it's got some logical foundation.

Azzarello's was fine but you can't be a classic once you understand it.

I get the point, and it fits right in from a mythological standpoint, but the Azz one feels more real, like what you'd find in a "real tale" about that era and not just a story. Different strokes for differents folks I guess.

I like the approach of the new 52, it's nice for an "ultimate" type deal, but it's also nice to go back to the roots, I wonder if Rebirth will end with New 52 being separate and having Classic universe restored, of if they will "fix" the N52 universe.

Dunno how to feel about that. I quite liked the Nu52. I just wonder when they're going to renumber. The days if #300 are long gone, but maybe they can make it to #40 or so.

He said:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The more I think about it, the more I like it, shame we had to endure Whor for that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It is actually a simple yet efficient reason. Huh, props to Aaron. The new X-O series is probably more "Thor" than Thor comics at this point. Where was it revealed though?

Eh, I don't like it that much. As I said, Wakanda is also fantasy, but it has logic behind it. Space Rock + Native God + A whole country = Rapid advancement. It's still out there, but it's got some logical foundation.
Isn't Wakanda full sci-fi?

I get the point, and it fits right in from a mythological standpoint, but the Azz one feels more real, like what you'd find in a "real tale" about that era and not just a story. Different strokes for differents folks I guess.
Has to do with Mythology as it has to do with the nature of fantasy, when you really can't seem to grasp how something could be done, then it actually is magic, they have minotaurs and ****.

I used to dislike the invisible plane too, until something clicked in my head and I went "huh, it makes perfect sense".

Dunno how to feel about that. I quite liked the Nu52. I just wonder when they're going to renumber. The days if #300 are long gone, but maybe they can make it to #40 or so.
I like n52 a lot too, bad came good but the good as usual, but it was meme badly by people who didn't read it :lol

At least action comics and detective comics picked up in the #900's

And Superbro is coming back :rock: so are the undies for Superdad apparently.

It is actually a simple yet efficient reason. Huh, props to Aaron. The new X-O series is probably more "Thor" than Thor comics at this point. Where was it revealed though?
Right? I like it a lot.

I don't know :lol there was a thread on 4chan where they discussed it.

Isn't Wakanda full sci-fi?

Not exactly. Wakandans are religious, and the Black Panther is Bast's champion. When T'Challa's sister took the throne, he became King of the Dead. Wakanda is kinda like a surface Atlantis. They're advanced enough to not be split between spirituality and realism. Even if they don't worship a god, they're certain that metaphysical things exist. It makes them unique, tbh. Almost every science-based hero these days has been turned into an atheist, so it's nice to see something different. Deism should be explored more IMO.

Has to do with Mythology as it has to do with the nature of fantasy, when you really can't seem to grasp how something could be done, then it actually is magic, they have minotaurs and ****.

I used to dislike the invisible plane too, until something clicked in my head and I went "huh, it makes perfect sense".

One one hand, I don't want something like MCU's Thor where his divinity is lost, but on the other hand, I like the more "human" aspect of the Azz origin. I mean, it makes sense for Zeus to go after Hippolyta.

I like n52 a lot too, bad came good but the good as usual, but it was meme badly by people who didn't read it :lol

At least action comics and detective comics picked up in the #900's

And Superbro is coming back :rock: so are the undies for Superdad apparently.

I'm just glad Priest is absolutely killing it on Deathstroke. It's one of te best comics on the stands, really. I just hope he doesn't bring Pedo-Slade back with his Judas Contract retelling.

Right? I like it a lot.

I don't know :lol there was a thread on 4chan where they discussed it.

Just goes to show that the whole "nah, that was totes my idea" was bogus. Aaron was robbed of more Odinson stories, but at least he's making it work. That, or he can write great Sword & Sorcery while being into gender politics. Strangest things have happened...

4Chan doing the work of the Lord again. If only the good stuff didn't get lost amongst the uh, "questionable" ones...

Then he's definitely not a member of this board. :lol

At least until now. Folks like him and Waid have already infested the comic book forums.

Fe3G1FW.gif

At least until now. Folks like him and Waid have already infested the comic book forums.

Fe3G1FW.gif

While I don't have a problem with Waid's stance on certain social issues, if it floats his boat then more power to him, I just don't think that funny book forums are the place for that kind of stuff. JMO.

Anyway...I'm looking forward to seeing this movie when it hits the theaters. :yess:

Fe3G1FW.gif
Oh don't sing victory too early, I got into an argument in the TLOU2 thread and there was a discussion in the Rogue One thread too, both related to creators pushing sjw bs, and let me tell you, people can bury their head in the sand in this place too, but there are some people very aware of this stuff and they just don't care, which is respectable.

While I don't have a problem with Waid's stance on certain social issues, if it floats his boat then more power to him, I just don't think that funny book forums are the place for that kind of stuff. JMO.

Eh, there's a difference between having a viewpoint, and posting stuff like "I'll flip tables and I'll rain hellfire". It's idiotic. But yeah, Big Two books are definitely not the place for such discussions. Comics in general yes, indies and the like, but I don't need Batman preaching me on the disadvantages of capitalism or whatever. But nowadays, it's more about how you can push your agenda rather than writting a good story. It's sad, really.

Back