Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman for late 2012

What's wrong with that? Some think him to be the best comic artist of our time, thus modern master. Others...don't.

That's it. No discussion worth making.

Yeah, in the end just give me a great looking wonder woman and I will be very happy. I don't even care who does it. Just make it better than that custom one we saw. That one was stunning so SS please match it. :pray: make her sexy and strong as wonder should be! :wink1:

What's wrong with that? Some think him to be the best comic artist of our time, thus modern master. Others...don't.

That's it. No discussion worth making.

I'm sorry bud, but when the words Modern Master are used it treads down a slightly different road than "Best Comic Artist". If you can't distinguish what that is, I'm sorry.

And actually it opens up a hugely debatable conversation, which if you don't want to be a part of then don't.

The art world is filled with people that debate who should and shouldn't be considered a Master of the Modern Era especially since some of the "Art" wasn't even considered that for decades.

...you know...never mind you're right, It's not a discussion worth having here

I hope the WW PF is not based on Jim Lees work. Although he is a talented artist all of his women look the same. His portraits are very harsh. I hope we get a classic and New 52 costume at some stage.

Artists are only great in pairs. Lee was great with Portacio during the XMen run, Turner was great with Steigerwald during the DC run, and Silvestri was great with Batt during their Top Cow run... To say Jim Lee's art is great is only half the truth imo...

Wow you actually know who Jim lee is? I'm very surprise since you don't read comic books.......

.......unless you just happen to google his name and pretend to know who he is :D:monkey3

:lol yeah Jim is the one who brought me back into comics in the 90s. I bought comics just for the beautiful artwork. :wink1:

He stop drawing comics in the 90s:monkey3

No he didn't. I remember the 8 million copies he sold of x-men #1. :clap he even design the all new wonder woman! But to be honest I like the original costume better. The new one has too much skin covered up. :monkey3

No he didn't. I remember the 8 million copies he sold of x-men #1. :clap he even design the all new wonder woman! But to be honest I like the original costume better. The new one has too much skin covered up. :monkey3

Chis Claremont drew X-men and Jim Lee wrote it....:monkey1:monkey3

j/k

Chis Claremont drew X-men and Jim Lee wrote it....:monkey1:monkey3

:thwak hey they both made history by selling so many copies! :clap but other than 90s stuff. I have no clue of anything else. It would be so nice if Jim lee was the reg artists for wonder woman for the next 10 years. I might buy comics again if that happen. :)

The new 52 costume is based on the classic.

He stop drawing comics in the 90s:monkey3

You are sorta right there. I think he took about 6 or 7 years off ( heck it could be 10) as he was building Wildstorm studios. He simply had to the run the business. Honestly, that gap could be an argument for some to say he isn't a master of the caliber of say Kirby. Lee will never have the sure volume of work behind him when he retires as Kirby.

I hope the WW PF is not based on Jim Lees work. Although he is a talented artist all of his women look the same. His portraits are very harsh. I hope we get a classic and New 52 costume at some stage.

I tend to agree. I also think most of Ebas' women look the same.

Back