Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, this is why ES matters... 9500 of these to paint and those factory workers are thinking "who gives an F if we messed up, we've got a million more of these to paint." Sideshow needs to stop being greedy and get back to proper QC. I thought the first pics looked great until I saw the rusty Tiara and black shadows under the eyes and the chipped hair, and then that Freddy Krueger hand on her. :slap

I think the factories are turning on SS. The total number of painting the same thing over and over must be maddening, especially when on a deadline. It could be that the workers are trying to speed through SS pieces to get to their companies pieces that pay more. I know XM pays on a higher scale. The same factory that made their Magneto, which is outstanding, also makes SS statues. In one XM pic the now cancelled P2 was in the background. SS says they can't get a decent replication of the P2 in the factories after 16 months but I don't buy it. Magneto went from concept to shipping in 7 months and its truly epic. I think it boils down to the huge ES of SS and the pay scale for workers.

Sometimes i think these early photos exagerate the issues more than they should negatively. The con sample was no doubt a production piece, the paints were blander than normal. If the lines are clean for the most part ill be satisfied. If they are Ivy messy, refund no debate.

I will be seriously disappointed if this shows up with a lot of QC issues. The tiara doesn't bother me as much as others but that spear hand is atrocious. If she looks like the pics so far and a good spear hand, I will be ok with it. I also want to see some pics with the axe!

I'm not too worried, but if she does have a lot of problems I'll just sell her.

I'll keep Catwoman (of course), but I wouldn't want to continue collecting DC PFs if I don't have Wonder Woman.

Yup, this is why ES matters... 9500 of these to paint and those factory workers are thinking "who gives an F if we messed up, we've got a million more of these to paint." Sideshow needs to stop being greedy and get back to proper QC. I thought the first pics looked great until I saw the rusty Tiara and black shadows under the eyes and the chipped hair, and then that Freddy Krueger hand on her. :slap

close to 10,000 of these being made. Collectible? Lol

When I came here lastly, I decided to purchase WW rather than Keaton Batman for completing Trinity line cause Sideshow's photos looked good! I guess I changed my mind, I am going to get Keaton. I am not enough rich to play gamble...

When I came here lastly, I decided to purchase WW rather than Keaton Batman for completing Trinity line cause Sideshow's photos looked good! I guess I changed my mind, I am going to get Keaton. I am not enough rich to play gamble...

Always bet on black.

Keep posting pics of her as she comes in, guys. Curious to see how many experience defects.

a few of the fb pics are already in this thread. one guy had a chip on the face and broken hair.

another couldn't get the sword to fit into the base and had horrible paint.

another...well you get the idea...

Yea, I hear ya. I saw those too. Just want the sample size to increase before making judgement. To get the regular or not, that is.

Sometimes i think these early photos exagerate the issues more than they should negatively. The con sample was no doubt a production piece, the paints were blander than normal. If the lines are clean for the most part ill be satisfied. If they are Ivy messy, refund no debate.

New Ivy or old Ivy? My old Ivy is near flawless.

I think the factories are turning on SS. The total number of painting the same thing over and over must be maddening, especially when on a deadline. It could be that the workers are trying to speed through SS pieces to get to their companies pieces that pay more. I know XM pays on a higher scale. The same factory that made their Magneto, which is outstanding, also makes SS statues. In one XM pic the now cancelled P2 was in the background. SS says they can't get a decent replication of the P2 in the factories after 16 months but I don't buy it. Magneto went from concept to shipping in 7 months and its truly epic. I think it boils down to the huge ES of SS and the pay scale for workers.

SS is being way too greedy with these idiotic ES's. 9500 LMAO. How can a factory paint with quality when having to paint such a ridiculously high number for a collectible. You're right, they do use the same factory as XM and XM looks flawless. Why? Their max ES is 999. Sideshow will eventually have to lower their ES to maintain QC. Not to how low they used to put ES but somewhere in the middle. QC is just waaaaay too hit and miss for such expensive collectibles from them these days. Green Ivy good, Catwoman and Sonja gamble with quality, WW gamble with quality.... pretty bad. :slap

Back