XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely like my women with longer hair, but the XM statue looks better with the short hair I think. What about you guys?

The long haired portrait looks like the little mermaid.

XM STUDIOS Black Widow Comics Version Zoom Main.jpg

XM STUDIOS Black Widow Comics Version Zoom 1.jpg

XM STUDIOS Black Widow Comics Version Zoom 2.jpg

BW.jpg

The head sculpts are nice, as is the body...very shapely. But worth double the price of the SSC piece? I like the XM base better, with the fence - is very nice.

SS BW looks great, but IMO the XM BW looks more like the comic books... Plus XM gave BW more natural flowing curves on her body, SS BW looks like she had lots of plastic surgery :)

Also SS BW gun is a bit over the top and her knife is a bit under the top

I like the short hair portrait too, that's the black widow I grew up with in the Jim Lee era. One of the unique qualities about her as a heroine that made me take notice.

I'm the opposite here; I don't like the short-haired portrait at all but would be okay with the long-haired version. I really like the lamp base as well but I'd have to see IF the third head gets approved before making a decision on this one. I agree that her body line is more natural than that of the SSC version however the SSC version with its mixed media and somewhat sensual pose really looks great in person (definitely better than any pictures that have been posted of it). The SS gun is also beautifully done.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Defintely like both portraits. No preference really for me. I can see myself getting just as much usage out of both portraits which isnt the norm for me. On most items I pick the one portrait I like best and just go with it for the long haul. I change some of them up occassionally but I can see this black widow's portraits getting equal use. The extras are over the top on this one. Two bases? Like seriously? That alone is pretty damn cool. This is easily a better rendition of BW then SS for me. I will probably end up selling my SS EX when this one ships. No need to keep them both as XMs will offer better options for my display then SS's knife? Haha seriously a butter knife for the exclusive? What were they thinking. Dont get me wrong. SS and Mark did a great job on the sculpt. Just a little underwhelming when compared to this one

I am waiting to see the "realistic" portrait. So far I actually prefer the SSC one. Not by much, I find they are quite similar in pose and both sport a huge gun. The price difference doesn't justify it for me.

I'll more than likely look at XM's offerings for Magneto, Thanos and Ant-Man

I definitely want this BW but after splurging on the XM Cap I cant consistently do that. I did for Cap because he is a big character in the marvel u and will do so for Magneto as well but they will need to find a way to lower cost for some of these less popular characters

To be fair though there are a ton of switch out parts for bw and 2 display options for the base. I don't think you should have a completion it's mentality for how expensive these are but think about it as XM doing their part to make sure every character they produce is paid their proper respect and dues for the real fan of the character.

Back