XM Studio Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair though there are a ton of switch out parts for bw and 2 display options for the base. I don't think you should have a completion it's mentality for how expensive these are but think about it as XM doing their part to make sure every character they produce is paid their proper respect and dues for the real fan of the character.

I have ordered the BW and I think now may be a good option when I want to expose next to my Captain.

To be fair though there are a ton of switch out parts for bw and 2 display options for the base. I don't think you should have a completion it's mentality for how expensive these are but think about it as XM doing their part to make sure every character they produce is paid their proper respect and dues for the real fan of the character.

Exactly I think you have little problem justifying the cost of XM items for favourite characters. SS had their chance with BW and magneto...it's just the XM ones are better IMO and so happy to pay for it. A custom costs more in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly I think you have little problem justifying the cost of XM items for favourite characters. SS had their chance with BW and magneto...it's just the XM ones are better IMO and so happy to pay for it. A custom costs more in my experience.

Yeah for sure. I've had some customs come and go. Some good quality but nothing like XM and I paid just as much if not more for some of them.

Definitely agree with you there Daryl i like to look at it in that the only was a sideshow production piece would compare is to get it custom painted.

So in reality they are cheaper lol

Yeah I've tried commissioning customs in the past and they want you to pay north of $2000-3000 that's ridiculous.

Bottom line is these are rather cheap if you just look at their retail value at $550-600. Higher than SS prices sure, but you get smaller ES for a more rare collectible in your collection, superior statue packaging, and a registry for authenticity *Mind Blown* The XM Boys definitely brought back my excitement for collecting after the last 2 years dealing with rising prices and inflated Edition sizes from Sideshow. While I generally enjoy their statue lines (especially their DC releases) I think moving foward I will be cancelling all Marvel related statues and selling my entire SS Marvel collection now (except Dr. Doom nobody can have my Dr. DOOM! that and he'd go great sitting next to XM Mags :panic:)

I like the XM BW but will only go for the characters I want. My Cap is on the way and I'm all in for Magneto, Thanos, Antman and the Brown Wolvie when they make it. After that I want XM to do Gambit and Dare Devil and I'll be happy. I have to save some space for the ARH Frazetta Conan pieces. :wink1:

Definitely agree with you there Daryl i like to look at it in that the only was a sideshow production piece would compare is to get it custom painted.

So in reality they are cheaper lol

My repaint of Rogue pf is definitely costing more

I like the XM BW but will only go for the characters I want. My Cap is on the way and I'm all in for Magneto, Thanos, Antman and the Brown Wolvie when they make it. After that I want XM to do Gambit and Dare Devil and I'll be happy. I have to save some space for the ARH Frazetta Conan pieces. :wink1:

I totally agree re going for the statues you want. I just like BW more than the cap ;). Out of the rest magneto is probably a definite. But hoping to compare SS with XM wolverines.

those are all great pics. Can't go wrong with any of those. I would absolutely **** myself if they made a Michael Turner inspired Wolverine. Even just a portrait to swap out. Logan in the wife beater and jeans would be my personal grail. I saw a sweet custom on deviant art awhile back. This thing would be crazy.... of course the blades need to be a third of the size but other then that.. well I'll let you decide

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah I've tried commissioning customs in the past and they want you to pay north of $2000-3000 that's ridiculous.

Bottom line is these are rather cheap if you just look at their retail value at $550-600. Higher than SS prices sure, but you get smaller ES for a more rare collectible in your collection, superior statue packaging, and a registry for authenticity *Mind Blown* The XM Boys definitely brought back my excitement for collecting after the last 2 years dealing with rising prices and inflated Edition sizes from Sideshow. While I generally enjoy their statue lines (especially their DC releases) I think moving foward I will be cancelling all Marvel related statues and selling my entire SS Marvel collection now (except Dr. Doom nobody can have my Dr. DOOM! that and he'd go great sitting next to XM Mags :panic:)

SS is about to lose a loyal customer :panic:

That looks good except the claws are to long. How can those be retractable at that length.

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing... Do they fold? Haha. They need to be about a third of that size for a little more realistic approach but I wanted to share because aside from the sword claws I thought it was pretty sweet

those are all great pics. Can't go wrong with any of those. I would absolutely **** myself if they made a Michael Turner inspired Wolverine. Even just a portrait to swap out. Logan in the wife beater and jeans would be my personal grail. I saw a sweet custom on deviant art awhile back. This thing would be crazy.... of course the blades need to be a third of the size but other then that.. well I'll let you decide

View attachment 113194
View attachment 113195
View attachment 113196

That's Mark Newman's Wolverine concept maquette. I'm a big Michael Turner fan too, and it's definitely reminiscent of his style. Although they aren't practical I kind of love the huge claws! I read that Mark has been asked many times whether he could produce the statue, but since he doesn't hold the rights it can't be done. Such a shame. :(

That's Mark Newman's Wolverine concept maquette. I'm a big Michael Turner fan too, and it's definitely reminiscent of his style. Although they aren't practical I kind of love the huge claws! I read that Mark has been asked many times whether he could produce the statue, but since he doesn't hold the rights it can't be done. Such a shame. :(

Yep you got it man. I pulled it off his deviant art page but I know the mods aren't crazy about customs or unlicensed statues so I left the name out. If this never actually went into production then I guess were safe! It us pretty sweet. Even with the sword claws I would kill to get one of these painted in my house! Michael Turner is the truth! One of my favorite artists

While not selling my SS collection I would agree that these are almost worth it now. I have been patiently waiting for an "alternative" to SS. It all started with the high ES on joker and since then I have been very turned off by their ultra high ES and rising prices Cost is not an issue for me but I do like my "collectibles" to be well...collectible. I have also had artistic frustration with SS. While many of their women are beautiful as long as you dont look them in the eyes...the men always seem to have odd poses. Even the classic Cap. SS likes to make the Men twist at awkward angles and then have these arching banana backs as well. Half the male pose don't make sense (Cyclops, Luke, Silver Surfer, Modern Thor, Shepherd) and that's all my favorite characters. :gah:

Anyway, I still like SS very much and they can do some stellar work (the new Cap, Red Sonja and WW). LIke I said, just happy for an alternative

Just thinking of selling off the Marvel line, I'm still keeping the DC line as 90% of what's been produced thus far have been home runs to me. Marvel lines seems to always be plagued by awkward poses, googly eyes for the women, and mismatching bases. There is no commonality to their design goals for the collector that wants to be a completionist for the various teams like X-Men and Avengers.

Though Simply Toys it's probably going to cost me £400 plus customs fees.

E-mailed Simply Toys about their return policy if you get a damaged statue. I'll ordering from SC or SF now. To risky to order from ST now that I know this. Here is their response...

Due to the high costs of international shipping we are regrettably unable to accept returns nor provide a replacement. Any refund, either in full or partial, will be dependent on FedEx's conclusion after investigating the damage claim.

Back