XM Studios Upcoming & Future Releases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: XM Studios Upcoming & Future Releasesar D

I'd hate that. But the competition would certainly be great if they gained it.

I really hope they actually make a Black Cat. Oh how I want another PF of her so badly! :lol

Well I don't think you have anything to worry about in the near future because SSC has a firm hold on the 1/4 DC market right now, and unless Warner changes the rules I can't see much other than kits getting made.

Saw this on the other forum posted by Shourdan. Not sure if it was mentioned here anywhere, Haven't seen any new posts on Deadpool, Quicksilver or Brown Wolverine threads. Gonna be a verrrrrrrrrry looooooong wait for these now.

I heard my name... oh helllooo guys! Regarding this matter, we at XM Studios of course have to follow the Disney contract boundaries so we do explain and ask that our retailers to do the same. But let's remember at the end of the day, we do not have visibility in where the stocks actually move after we've delivered the stocks to the retailers. I've not heard of any Disney letter to any of our retailers yet to be honest so this should be misunderstanding somewhere... *Jedi mind trick - "Move along. These aren't the retailers you're looking for."

Moving along... more important news. We've been advised by Marvel executives to reduce Xmen products - this means 4 line ups are affected so we will have to delay the launch of Deadpool, Brown Wolvie, Quick silver, Scarlet Witch.

On the upside, that means we will swop in non Xmen characters in their place. Ben will be posting a poll soon on which characters will be taking their place in 2015 - 2016 line up. Punisher etc...

I wanted the Brown Wolverine as well--though with my luck so far in ordering XM statues I probably wouldn't have gotten it anyway. So far I've only been able to get Wolverine and Thanos. Missed Magneto, Phoenix, and the Mark VII so I'm getting a little irritated with trying to order any of these statues at all. My biggest concern with the Sentinel set is getting in on the main piece (if that even happens) and missing out on some of the other statues that go with it.

While I'm not a fan of 1/4 I gotta say I love XM's ambition and flood of sneaks. Hope they keep pumping then out.

Looks like Disney/Mavel corporate is getting in to the mix more.

It was just posted on our FB https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios and also in the Classic ironman thread XM Studios - Classic Iron Man - Page 8 - Statue Forum

Just also wanted to share some behind the scene stories. Some of you might note that we've gone quiet for awhile in the past couple of weeks - I mean it's been awhile since we opened any POs for anything, until Ms Marvel and Ironman mark VII.

Our Disney/Marvel approval counter part is a new guy. He's cool and all but different from the previous so it's taking a bit more time for us to change some of our style and ideas to get past his approvals. I think this is good as this helps to make us better, the limitations can also be seen as an inspiration for us to challenge the status quo, to see how far we can push the envelope.

So while we may try to take as many inputs as we can from the community, sometimes if it isn't there in the final product, it's not because we weren't listening but because the final approval calls the shots.

The thing to also expect is that because a lot of designs and submissions were stalled and getting re-done until they get approved... the quietness for the past few weeks will likely result in sudden eruption of products and ideas being released once approvals are given. This may excite some but I'm sure also scare a lot since all these cool new collectibles will increase arguments between collectors and their wives (or husbands) :)

Ideally we would prefer to stagger the releases but we are on a time-based license, so sometimes we just don't get our way.

Having said all that, I'm very very excited about the new stuff that's gonna come out. I promise you guys - if you like our stuff so far, it's only going to get better. Since we started XM and rolled out our first Cap, Hulk and Ironman, we've been humbly learning from the community (you guys), the talents, sculptors and geniuses we work with. We're not there yet - and we will become better. That's a promise.

Marvel/Disney has always been in the mix, but it sounds like they got a new guy from Marvel which kind of sucks because the old guy from Marvel pretty much let XM do what they wanted (at least that's what it seemed like)..... Sideshow has to go through the same dance with Marvel also....

Marvel/Disney has always been in the mix, but it sounds like they got a new guy from Marvel which kind of sucks because the old guy from Marvel pretty much let XM do what they wanted (at least that's what it seemed like)..... Sideshow has to go through the same dance with Marvel also....

That what I was thinking. More comprise input and control of what they do could limit fan input and interaction which is part of the reason I love XM. They also talk about it being a time sensitive license, which means they may have to rush certain aspects of design at least, maybe even production.

P.S. I just read a response from XM over at SF, and apparently Cable IS on the Fox/Disney XMen Bubble... but that XM is fighting to keep him

Last edited:
Back