Your favorite underappreciated films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet Smell of success 1957 the late great Burt Lancaster at his best, Tony Curtis too. Rated at the time and some but now needs a new audience. The question you need to ask after viewing the picture is ' Would you Invite these guys to dinner?

Though those who have seen it know it as a great film, I would say that Paths of Glory is underrated because it isn't nearly as well known as other Kubrick films. But it is one of his finest in my opinion.

Ernest Hemmingways The Killers 1946 introducing in his first screen role Burt Lancaster as Swede. Ava Gardner smolders.
I like the Lee Marvin and John Cassavetes version better, but that is another good one.

William Wyler's The Big Country 1958 exceptional picture and cast. Standout performances from Burl Ives, Chuck Connors, The Big Muddy and Old Thunder. If you decide to see the picture you shall know why Burl Ives received the Oscar for best supporting actor.

Though those who have seen it know it as a great film, I would say that Paths of Glory is underrated because it isn't nearly as well known as other Kubrick films. But it is one of his finest in my opinion.

I like the Lee Marvin and John Cassavetes version better, but that is another good one.
Yes very good version too....but no smoldering.

The film was a box office failure, but it's a very good comedy.

The_Nice_Guys_Poster.jpg

The Tall Men...1955 Western, Starring Clark Gable, Cameron Mitchell, Robert Ryan and Jane Russell. Gable should have made more Westerns

Last edited:
The Fastest Gun Alive 1956 Glenn Ford, Broderick Crawford and a fine cast. I grew up believing Glenn Ford was, it turns out he was the fastest in Hollywood.
I thought I was fast too, I could outdraw my three brothers everyday. In reality I was and still am merely a legend in my own bath time,

The Straight Story 1999, Robert Farnsworth, Harry Dean Stanton and Sissy Spacek. A touching and memorable journey from David Lynch. Farnsworth was nominated for the Oscar but was up against Russell Crowe...Gladiator.

Back