1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What should the figures cost? I think ALL 1/6 are over priced. Hot Toys should be less than 240 for example.

Third parties should be 99-150 depending...

Mondo BTAS are fully scuplted, sculpting is more costly than clothing, but I think 220-250 is too high myself, yet, plastic costs more and they include 3-5 heads typically.
I don’t know. To me they’re essentially just scaled up versions of retail figures. Exposed joints, sculpted rather than real cloth outfits, etc.

I’d be more comfortable with them at like $150-$175. Even then it’s still high but would be easier to justify. Obviously I don’t set the prices but to me they seem high for what they are.

I don’t know. To me they’re essentially just scaled up versions of retail figures. Exposed joints, sculpted rather than real cloth outfits, etc.

I’d be more comfortable with them at like $150-$175. Even then it’s still high but would be easier to justify. Obviously I don’t set the prices but to me they seem high for what they are.
$175 For me

I mean when you really think about it McFarlane Multiverse figures are what- $25-$30ish? Fairly close quality wise (actually McFarlane may have better QC from what I’ve seen). Big difference is they’re about half the scale. Mondo comes with slightly more accessories maybe so I could see a bit of a bump, but not that much.

I’m surprised Mondo is doing all the villains but haven’t made Robin yet.
Personally, I hope they will just keep ignoring Robin and Batgirl in favour of all the rogues they have yet to get to. Much more interesting.
Obviously (and sadly), I don’t expect to see him before some of the other heavy hitters (Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Croc), but I’d love to see Mondo do the Ventriloquist/Scarface. That character's silhouette alone is so much more interesting than what any of the remaining bat family have to offer.

Also hate that any Batman: The Animated Series figures have to have the cel shaded look. I don’t think it translates to figure form well and I wish both Mondo and McFarlane would get away from it.
The cel shading can be very hit or miss, I agree. Mondo has toned it down quite a bit and it mostly works really well in the newer releases. Just looking at Joker’s backside, I’m so glad they aren’t doing it that heavy-handedly anymore.

looking forward to batman beyond, one of my favourites
either getting the mondo or the hot toys but mondo is more show accurate

batman_beyond_139636_1_1200x676.jpg

In response to a viewer’s question on the most recent Mondo Toy Talk, Hector Arce (Creative Director) touched on Robin, saying they’re getting through a lot of the BTAS rogues gallery and that “a good guy is probably due at some point,” in a tone that heavily implies "some point" to mean in the near future.

If the video doesn't start at the relevant part skip to 59:50

I could see them revealing a prototype at DesignerCon in November.
Tomasz Rozejowski, who sculpts and paints for Mondo, has had a Robin concept on his Instagram since January.

Here's Alex Brewer, who also sculpts for Mondo, commenting on Tom's concept.

(16:47)

6:50 for some Poison Ivy talk.

Last edited:
Back