1/6 Hot Toys - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Padmé Amidala

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I picked up a spare body and outfit a couple weeks ago so I could give the Geonosis Arena torn look a go and still retain a pristine figure.

First step; undress Padme (a lifelong ambition…) and see what we’re working with.
IMG_0927.jpeg

I’ve concluded that HT sewed the outfit together after dressing the figure. The stitching on the left side of the top indicates that this was closed up after being placed on the body, then the trousers were stitched to the top.
Due to the quite inflexible material, stretching the top over the bust and shoulders to remove it damaged the material- but I’m cutting it to pieces so it doesn’t matter.

I hadn’t actually thought about what else I might need before the outfit showed up, so first I thought I’ll see if a Jiaou Doll body will suffice for a simple swap since I have a couple lying around.
IMG_0490.jpeg

The heights a match; proportions are a bit different though, and the neck, shoulders, waist, and thighs are much slimmer.
After popping Padme’s head (and adaptor) on and it sitting just barely above the collar, I realised, at the very least, I’m going to need to use the HT upper torso for that very specific neck to head connection so now I need another female body with seamless arms.

Shopped around and found a contender worth gambling on from HaoYuToys.
IMG_0774.jpeg

Taller and slimmer- but there’s potential. Let’s tear them both apart and see what fits where.
IMG_0775.jpeg

To keep the correct, short height, I need to use the HT legs, and HT upper torso for the neck, then add one HH arm and see if the fleshy abdomen works with the HT.

HT’s shoulder pegs were longer so I had to do a transplant and some dremelling for the HH arm to sit right in the socket. Easy enough
IMG_0777.jpeg

Also had to dremel a HT wrist peg so it would fit since the HT hands wouldn’t fit on the puny HH pegs.
Top section done.
IMG_0778.jpeg

Then the abdomen. The frames are essentially identical. HT’s just has longer pegs for the juicy thighs they’ve given Padme.
IMG_0779.jpeg

Initially the fleshy part sat too low so I just sliced the gooch so I could slide it up higher.

Now the HT legs go back on and we’re almost ready to get her dressed.
IMG_0928.jpeg

I used the pink underwear to hold the loose skin flaps in place, but they ended up being visible through the trousers so I got rid.
Cinched the waist of the trousers in a bit since the body is now slimmer and stitched them to the rubber piece so they definitely won’t fall down.

Next I remembered that Padme’s shirt gets slashed at the back and she’ll need a bit of exposed flesh on her upper back as well/ so had to bust the paints out.
I got close enough to matching the skin tone.
IMG_0905.jpeg

HT’s hands are really dark so I gave them a touch up to try and bring them more inline with the new body.
IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

Only at the very end did I realise the gun-holding hand I’d painted wasn’t for the blaster rifle! Live and learn.

That’s it. I re-dressed her, snipped the shirt where necessary, had to restitch the left side and right sleeve, added some blood, threw in some sandy/dirt weathering (need to refine and reduce that later) and bob’s your uncle.

You’d think something as simple as a torn shirt wouldn’t require a ton of work- but you’d be wrong.
IMG_0918.jpeg
IMG_0921.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg
IMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg
IMG_0925.jpeg

IMG_0926.jpeg

Last edited:
Love it!!!
Looks great. Thank you for the recipe of how you did it. I picked up a spare dressed Padme body myself to do something similar. You have made my life much easier knowing what I need.

Mine has arrived home today.
Cannot wait to finish work!!!!

OMG this has been a hot minute!!!

Finally a Padme into the Collection.

Nice job, I think that arm and especially the waist is a bit thin lookin though.
When you’re right, you’re right.

I’m not gonna go looking for another arm but I gave painting the stock torso a go, since the proportions are better, so now she looks more natural- other than the fact she has different flesh tones on her arm, stomach, and face now.

Added some tape under her boobs to hold the front of her top closer to her body but it’s not holding very well.

It’s taken this long to complete because I was waiting for a new pair of white tights from Ali express to arrive since I botched cutting her body suit when I initially modded her.

Old - New
IMG_1237.jpeg
IMG_1231.jpeg
IMG_1232.jpeg
IMG_1233.jpeg
IMG_1235.jpeg
IMG_1234.jpeg

Old - New
IMG_1238.jpeg

Big props to Chopper for putting in the work on that Arena Padme, seeing how good it looks made me want to make my own.
I, however, am much lazier and do NOT have the skill or patience for that much effort. I took a chance on the new DKR Catwoman since I saw on Toy Anxiety that it had the correct arms to go with this body and it turns out the midsection is flesh toned as well. I ended up only taking the one arm, plastic midsection, and rubber lower body from Catwoman and it’s good enough for me. Obviously it’s not perfect since the arms and torso have no paint detail but it looks okay from a distance. I still want to dirty it up a tad and add the scars, but this is shaping up to be the Padme I wanted in my collection.
IMG_9432.jpeg

Big props to Chopper for putting in the work on that Arena Padme, seeing how good it looks made me want to make my own.
I, however, am much lazier and do NOT have the skill or patience for that much effort. I took a chance on the new DKR Catwoman since I saw on Toy Anxiety that it had the correct arms to go with this body and it turns out the midsection is flesh toned as well. I ended up only taking the one arm, plastic midsection, and rubber lower body from Catwoman and it’s good enough for me. Obviously it’s not perfect since the arms and torso have no paint detail but it looks okay from a distance. I still want to dirty it up a tad and add the scars, but this is shaping up to be the Padme I wanted in my collection.
View attachment 722515
It’s a brave mod so congrats. Once the scissors come out there’s no turning back.
You got the angle of the tear just right.

Back