1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20240823_003706_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lol..

Stop lookin at me like that, Chewie.

Says he's 36 cm tall. I looked at the listing for the original release and he was also said to be 36 cm.

The original doesn't appear short (I need to get the tape measure out), but 36 cm / 14.17" is only 7' 1.

Chewbacca's height is recorded as 7' 6" (Peter Mayhew was 7' 3" at peak). :unsure:

Wow he looks fantastic. A little bummed they got rid of that base with the stairs in back. This new one looks WAY too small for him.

I'm actually glad they got rid of the giant base, because they usually waste a lot of space, unless there's something or a smaller character to occupy the space in front.

Granted, Chewbacca was pushed forwards on his to accommodate the stairs - but having someone standing on the stairs would be precarious without support.

However, I don't like their new podium style of bases either, but at least it's smaller. But as you wrote, it's too small:

HT ESB Chewbacca  (3).jpg

I prefer their rectangular bases.

So it’s official! And there goes the value of my ANH version :LOL:
Hmm, the last Chewy I bought (I have three) I paid $200 on ebay - and its my best one. That was 4 years ago (maybe 5) - five years after release - so I'm surprised they've gone higher. I think they were about $250 list price, but it was announced a full decade ago.

I haven't done an ebay search since then so had no idea. In my memory HT Chewy just never seemed to get people hugely excited.

No deluxe, no standard...?
I was planning to get 2 Chewies so I wanted a C-3PO but was also hoping that there was a standard option (w/out C-3PO).

Need a spare Chewie to cram into the Millennium Falcon cockpit (JazzInc).

Back