1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A dream to finally have this. Been wanting Chewbacca w/ Threepio for a long time now. I’m essentially complete now for my Escape from Cloud City display I’ve been dying to do.

Nice to see the kitbashed Bespin Escape Leia in the pics. Everything is reused aside from the boots. Here’s mine, which I have ANH boots on.

CABDC30B-081B-45DE-9332-A370570D9FE1.jpeg

This looks great, likely to be a preorder for me.

I think the mouth looks a little odd because it's an articulated jaw.

Looking really good. Nitpickily, I'm still not a fan of this elevated base they've been using for some of the recent SW figures, and was also hoping for a C3PO-less standard version to save a few bucks, but excited either way to have another of the main heroes after waiting years for re-releases. Just need a Leia now.

Definitely wish 3PO wasn’t driving up the cost, but since the head has "detail wool hair styling” I now consider this an Artisan figure and can justify the price to myself.

The huge upper lip is reminding me of the Force Awakens Chewie, but then the open mouth pictures for the SERS/wool hair look almost perfect. Hopefully they can slightly improve this or at least keep it just as good in production.

Held out for that full decade, huh? :lol
Admittedly, I started collecting in 2020, but the ANH Chewbacca figure was one I wasn’t interested in collecting backwards for, it just never looked good to me lol. I also wanted this specific version with the dismantled Threepio!

Back