1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks good to me.

What hurts is that $430 feels like the new normal. Ooof.

Not really. Aside from Artisan releases and select other releases most don’t get quite that high. $300-ish is about the norm now days. Chewie is still a lot though.
With the wool hair on his head this is effectively an Artisan release and none of them have gone for less than $400, so between that and the disassembled C-3PO the price isn't surprising. Once I saw the word wool I knew it was going to be $400+.

Agree and the problem this will present is that I don’t think Chewie will fit in a standard Detolf shelf with it. My ANH Chewie barely fits and those bases are lower profile than this. Doesn’t matter, day one PO for me!
Yeah I have to have my ANH Chewie slightly hunched over even with that older base he came with. No way will I be able to use this new one.

With the wool hair on his head this is effectively an Artisan release and none of them have gone for less than $400, so between that and the disassembled C-3PO the price isn't surprising. Once I saw the word wool I knew it was going to be $400+.
Yeah with the hair, articulated eyes and jaw, and 3PO the $430 feels pretty justified to me. Even though it's still a big chunk of money for something that isn't a diecast Iron Man.

I may be in the minority but many of my HT purchase decisions are based on the base. Yes the base can make or break it for me. I like my figures to be consistent with the rectangle or diamond base with silver plaque. If I recall I passed on ESB Snowspeeder Luke, Battle Droid, all the R2’s for example. I also believe that if offerings like Kit Fisto had included the horrible elevated base I would not have preordered. One of the reasons I have him on preorder is because of his rectangle base which is consistent to other SW HT in my display! Just the way I roll folks!

I may be in the minority but many of my HT purchase decisions are based on the base. Yes the base can make or break it for me. I like my figures to be consistent with the rectangle or diamond base with silver plaque. If I recall I passed on ESB Snowspeeder Luke, Battle Droid, all the R2’s for example. I also believe that if offerings like Kit Fisto had included the horrible elevated base I would not have preordered. One of the reasons I have him on preorder is because of his rectangle base which is consistent to other SW HT in my display! Just the way I roll folks!
I canceled my ROTJ Vader because he would end up not fitting in any of my displays. Kept OWK Vader Deluxe that came with the death star floor base, not matching everything else but he at least could fit in my display!

My ANH Chewie barely fits and those bases are lower profile than this. Doesn’t matter, day one PO for me!
8043F528-754B-4E4D-B5C7-DA6A9AACAC71.jpeg

The ESB will benefit for those who may have a 360 display area. But will see very little of C-3P0 details in a standard display scenario like my ANH above. And agree no chance of ESB Chewie in your detolf or other displays with similar height!

I'm still unsure If I want to upgrade or not. I'm getting out of the SW collecting game for the most part and this isn't an insane jump in quality to the original.

Can’t use the base at all. Shame but I’ve got others I can use. Didn’t use the new 3PO base either and won’t use any of these pedestal bases moving forward. Figure and accessories look great though. Wish he came with an oxygen mask, welding goggles, welder, and a hydrospanner but I’ll live.

It's almost like they're purposely choosing particular figures that they think can command a $400+ price.

Like they're being slick in getting people comfortable with the price creep that is very clearly in effect.

They want $400 to be the average/base price for their stuff going forward. Meaning everything else shy of a "Artisan Wookie" is gonna be just slightly under that price point.

This price creep needs to end. These things aren't worth nearly half a grand. They're pricing a vast majority of their customer base out with grate haste.

Back