1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t like the bespin stairs base from the con, but it’s way better than these horrible pedestal bases. Wtf hot toys? Either way, awesome news and now I’m hopeful for that leia. Sadly, no Han tease…

I'm keeping my ANH also, of course. But I'll need another Chewbacca as my ESB and ROTJ displays expand.

In fact, depending how this comes out, I may use the ESB for ANH because of the coloring -- its easier to see on the shelf... and use the old ANH one for the ESB with 3PO pack, as I will need to turn Chewie somewhat to profile to show off the broken droid anyway.

I'm keeping my ANH also, of course. But I'll need another Chewbacca as my ESB and ROTJ displays expand.

In fact, depending how this comes out, I may use the ESB for ANH because of the coloring -- its easier to see on the shelf... and use the old ANH one for the ESB with 3PO pack, as I will need to turn Chewie somewhat to profile to show off the broken droid anyway.
Yeah that's a possibility. Or it would also work as a ROTJ Chewie to be displayed with the new Endor Han...

This is awesome, but Hot Toys changing the bases so they no longer match the original ones is just stupid

The original ones are booooor-ing, altho good for the display-space-challenged. We got a hundred SW figures and almost every one of them is on the same damn base. Boring. Well, this and the sand-footprint base which is also boring.

[You know what, I am considering that Inart rock base up for PO now. Its pretty cheap and I bet Fett or Mando would look quite good on it.]

Anyone who dislikes this type base, consider selling it to me.

$402 including tax from my LCS. Relatively quite expensive, but this is a no brainer.

With all this good PT/OT stuff coming out lately, I think I need to re-evaluate keeping INART JP Joker 🤔 I have a feeling we’ll see Jar Jar go up for PO too, along with the tan B1 on STAP.

$402 including tax from my LCS. Relatively quite expensive, but this is a no brainer.

With all this good PT/OT stuff coming out lately, I think I need to re-evaluate keeping INART JP Joker 🤔 I have a feeling we’ll see Jar Jar go up for PO too, along with the tan B1 on STAP.
Jar Jar is getting bought. God help us on the price.

917s1i.jpg

Ugh, I was really wanting to get out of 1/6 after I got the last couple of things I wanted, but this is tempting. Looks a lot better than their old ANH attempt. Agree that they need to stop with those terrible figure bases

Sticking with the original, the prices are mad these days!
Yeah, just sitting with this at checkout on SSC site right now and the total I'm staring at is a tad more than what I paid for TWO of my ANH Chewies combined. :horror

And umm... I just yesterday PO'ed Walrusman and Greedo. Not good - NOT good. :lol

I think this one will be a lesson in pain for all those folks that swear up and down how they've no issue at all with futzing hair.

The overwhelming majority of pics I'll see of this thing will just make me shut my mouth, and let the pics do the the talkin.

I'd of been far more positive about this release had it not broke the $475 mark (or so?) after shipping.

Now, you've left yourself open to RIDICULOUS opinions for that cost.

A walking capet with a smile I'd not like to be alone in a room with.

Hey, pay it. Enjoy it. Whatever. Just don't pretend it's something it ain't.

For this price I'm expecting a HT employee to arrive at my house the day it arrives and comb in that 16oz of whatever Fonzie hair grease they've plastered on the face of the proto, then tweak the mouth into that weird Bradley Cooper grin.

At least this Chewy's fresh-out-of-the-shower looking face is a nice match to HT ROTJ Han's freshly showered/combed hair. They're going to make quite a pair with his bizarrely wrinkled/worried forehead and Chewy's pedo smirk.

Last edited:
I'd of been far more positive about this release had it not broke the $475 mark (or so?) after shipping.
$425 from Timewalker, shipped.

Not a minor amount of change, but still $50+ less than getting it at SSC for me.
I've been kind of/sort of satisfied with owning the ANH Chewie- but rolling eyeballs and a hinged jaw can make a huge difference beyond and tweaks to the sculpt.

Back