1/6 Hot Toys - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back - Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$425 from Timewalker, shipped.

Not a minor amount of change, but still $50+ less than getting it at SSC for me.
I've been kind of/sort of satisfied with owning the ANH Chewie- but rolling eyeballs and a hinged jaw can make a huge difference beyond and tweaks to the sculpt.
Still overpriced imo but that's a damn fine difference.

Nice.

I'm blatenly laughing at anyone, and there is a lot of ya, who puts down half a grand for this.

You're setting a terrible base price for future figures.

(no, no it's just Artisan figs... right..)

Ended up ordering one. I really wanted two since I don’t have Chewie anywhere else in the display, but cannot justify the cost of an extra broken 3P0. They did drop the ball by not having a standard and deluxe version. I hope this means they are planning a solo Chewie release under another banner.

Don't forget about the duty when it arrives at the door or email from DHL OR FedEx.

I could have R2 dragging the broken 3po with bag like he did when he got into the falcon.

At this price, there is no way I could get more than one of this Chewy, which is sort of sad.

I feel sorry for people who aren't all that interested in the 3PO backpack (which to me is super cool but is technically just an accessory because it can't be used for anything but as a backpack) and just want a new standalone Chewy.

In that scenario close to $500 at minimum (even if you live just down the street from Sideshow's warehouse it's going to be close to that) is probably too much, especially given this figure really doesn't nail OT Chewy's likeness, let alone a movie-specific OT Chewy. There will be a 1/6 Chewy that really nails the face (InArt?,) this unfortunately isn't it, despite the price.

Maybe HT does a ROTJ or ANH Chewy in a year or two's time, and a few tweaks to the face might get it closer. I guess until InArt does that SW logo tease and renders this new HT Chewie redundant....

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for those whom wanted a ROTJ or ANH 2.0 version, but for Empire displays, this is perfect.

Idk if y’all’s local LCSs offer a discount but mine does, a 10% discount. Then the tax rate is 4% so it’s $402 all in for me.

Yeah, I kinda feel bad for those whom wanted a ROTJ or ANH 2.0 version, but for Empire displays, this is perfect.

Idk if y’all’s local LCSs offer a discount but mine does, a 10% discount. Then the tax rate is 4% so it’s $402 all in for me.
Wow, low tax, zero shipping cost and a decent discount. Hey, HyperDrive - PUNCH IT!

Chewie is MORE than Grievous.
The price is outrageous, no doubt. The kicker is that grievous required way more engineering, as they already had a base model from the anh for Chewbacca. They really missed the boat by not having a standard release without golden rod. If grievous is $370, this should have been about the same. I’m definitely getting one, maybe 2 to hang with endor han. I have rewards to burn anyway to help the pain. Cantina aliens, potential Jabbas palace aliens, and an esb Chewbacca? This was a hell of a week.

Are the folks complaining for real? I thought so many were joking about an Artisan Chewbacca months before, like they’ll never make one? The price is the time it takes for them to style the hair. Does this have to be an exclusive to turn those frowns upside down? Finally a mass release of an Artisan level figure and so many complaints.

That’s why Funko Pops are so popular!! I’m more than happy with my $220 Can ANH Chewbacca.

If Funko Pops decides to one day make a collection worthy piece instead of churning out effortless garbage, then count me in.

I paid about the same, slightly more, for the Han and Chewie 2-pack, which was a fantastic set. That ANH Chewie was one of the best figures HT ever made. Considering how specific and unique it was, they did a fine job of making high-end 1:6 scale Chewbacca, because at the time many collectors doubted a real fur version could be done properly. That was back in the day when HT could take risks, be innovative and prove that big ideas could become a reality, without pretending to make it an "artisan" situation.

This version should appease all those who missed out on the original, but at this price I'll have to pass and stick with ANH Chewie. In fact, that's likely going to be my continuing position on most future HT Star Wars releases. I've been there, done that, and can't double dip at this price.

Are the folks complaining for real?
You want it? Pay $500 for it and be happy.

(more like $475 after shipping)

Noooo, the outrage is undeserved... No, this is totally acceptable for the walking "artistian" carpet.

Pay it. But don't give me the side eye because I won't.

Noooo, the outrage is undeserved... No, this is totally acceptable for the walking "artistian" carpet.

Ha, already did because I never bought into any of the 1.0 OT figures, $500 well deserved

If anyone on this forum is actually paying $475 for this then they should seriously think about finding another hobby. You and I both know that the smart people are either (a) throwing a ton of Sideshow rewards at it or (b) buying it discounted from other retailers with lower shipping prices and no state taxes. Of course this excludes the filthy rich here for whom money is no object as well as our non-U.S. friends who don’t have the latter option.

Back