1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO - Marvels X-Men - Wolverine (Brown Suit) Limited Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they mean the Insomniac Classic Suit.
View attachment 712567
That one although was classic it's definitely the game version. Thier Comic Spider-Man was also an exclusive which cost a bit to much. I mean a classic Spider-Man from Hono with fabric suit similar to their black suit as long as it's not an exclusive like this Wolverine. It's dumb to do "entry level" and pull their usual stunts this early.

I’m hoping this releases and ships soon. Still waiting on that damn Obi wan Mando figure that has been released for awhile now

I got my order in earlier today. Brown & Tan Wolverine is my favorite so, I couldn't possibly miss this. I was a 1200 or something, waited about 20 minutes.
The stupid thong trunks are an eyesore. I hope Hono fixes this before release or someone makes simple matching Brown cloth trunks we could slip over. Even if that doesn't get fixed, it might be less noticeable in a crouched pose.
I did this in MS paint so excuse the poor quality of this but what a difference having properly sized trunks make.
HONO Brown & Tan Wolverine Edit 003.jpg

I'll have this and since I'm a Wolverine fanatic, I think I'll also eventually get the Hono Tiger Stripe. The only other Wolverine costume I'd buy would be Weapon X, I doubt that will come any time soon.

Last edited:
While true, we shouldn’t have to fix our figures. It’s such a simple tweak, but it would have made a huge difference.
Oh, yeah. I guess it all comes down to if you mind doing it or not. So few of these things come out perfect that I don't mind tweeking to my liking. To each their own, no doubt.

Like that the shoulder bits are not attached to the arms like the yellow one.

Big improvement there.

Wonder if the unboxing means some are available to start shipping now...

Like that the shoulder bits are not attached to the arms like the yellow one.

Big improvement there.

Wonder if the unboxing means some are available to start shipping now...
Yeah, the shoulder bits look like they just attach to the rest of the suit. This does mean they might look a tad off in some poses (I saw the handler moving them out of the way when he showed off the arm articulation) and they might be at risk of creasing out-of-shape if held in a dynamic pose.

Still, I’m sure I can work within those limitations.

The shoulders are the one big thing that I wished was handled differently. The yellow/blue suit has its issues in that area as well, but aesthetically it looks better. I don't like the line that runs across.

Guess I'll be the first one to say it, I really don't see the trunks as being that much of a issue - do I think they could have made less of a gap and? Yes, but after seeing it in the preview it looks acceptable to me, and I prefer this to having fabric get in the way and crease/damage. I feel like this figure could do some pretty nice dynamic poses..
Screenshot_20240723-191901.png

New to this whole thing so I'm just seeing these now. I like the blue/yellow version but the brown one has too many ugly seams for me. I think I'm gonna go with the HT movie versions even though I'm not usually a movie collectible fan. I just lose the suits, the quality of the suits and of course the add ons so much more. If I had to choose tho besides this one or the original blue/yellow I'd go BLUE yellow ALL DAY.

Back