1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Looks great, but for me, it's really going to depend on two things:

1. Price.
2. What material exactly the arms are made of.

8071_10150915280307344_1842267348_n.jpg
304572_10150984692507344_1762811159_n.jpg

Huh.

So this is a DX then right, it says it has "Seperate Rolling Eyes" which i translate to pre-broken PERS joystick :lol

What's up with these poses? haha

I loved the way the Hulk looked in the movie, why is it every time I look at this I can't decide if I like it or not?

A lot of members are saying this should be around $250 because of the lack of accessories. And as much I wish it would be, I think we are forgetting that this is a totally new body, arms included. They will probably never be able to use this again, unless they re-release it. And as much as we may not like it, delveloping a new body is going to make this cost more. Its not just, ADD IN THIS PARTICULAR TT THAT ALREADY EXISTS.

Just my opinion.

With that said, the fact that it does come with so little, I am hoping for a realistic $299-$325.

You must be fogetting about Avengers 2 and 3 and the inevitable Incredible Hulk 2 and 3. Not to mention all the con exclusives that HT could throw at us. Grey Hulk? Red Hulk?

HT will easily milk this body type. Thats not even in question.

I don't see how much they could do with this character besides change the color in the future.

You must be fogetting about Avengers 2 and 3 and the inevitable Incredible Hulk 2 and 3. Not to mention all the con exclusives that HT could throw at us. Grey Hulk? Red Hulk?

Thats true but doesn't mean the prices will be the same with their greedy asses Im sure it will keep going up even with the same bodies.

I can see a new version for every movie that Marvel decides to put Hulk in that HT is making figures from. They can give him different head sculpts and hands for each new release. Throw in a diorama base for a later release. Could even do a Hulk/Banner 2 in 1 set that is catered to the richer crowd (think Iron Man Suit Up Gantry). Oh theres plenty of ways to milk the HULK. First step is Bare Bones release. CHECK.

Despite YOUR insite of the future, its POSSIBLE that they won't use it again. This is Hulks 3rd appearance in a movie. Its not like they could use this for either of the first 2 movies. They are different. And regardless of whether they do or not, it still cost to develop a new body as opposed to using an existing body.

Despite YOUR insite of the future, its POSSIBLE that they won't use it again. This is Hulks 3rd appearance in a movie. Its not like they could use this for eith of the first 2 movies. They are different. And regardless of whether they do or not, it still cost to develop a new body as opposed to using an existing body.

If you know HT track record its not hard to figure out. :lol:dunno

EDIT: And this marks the FIRST time that THIS HULK has appeared in a Marvel Movie. Ang Lee's Shrek and Incredible Hulks Norton Hulk this is not. MARVEL Will continue to use Ruffalo and this version of the Hulk for their future films. So its not hard to guess that we will be seeing this version again.

Despite YOUR insite of the future, its POSSIBLE that they won't use it again. This is Hulks 3rd appearance in a movie. Its not like they could use this for eith of the first 2 movies. They are different. And regardless of whether they do or not, it still cost to develop a new body as opposed to using an existing body.

:goodpost: But the new Avengers Hulk was almost part of a "reboot" of the character. They changed the look for 2012 because people were polarized over the last two that came out - they either loved or hated them. However, the appearance of the Avengers Hulk received very good reception, so it's a good bet they'll keep the same appearance for an upcoming film (given a few tweaks, perhaps). There's gotta be some continuity, whether it's by means of actors or CGI.

We are all trying to predict the future. One, some or none of us may be right. My point was, the new body cost more to develop than using an existing body. If you dispute that, you are not being realistic.

:goodpost: But the new Avengers Hulk was almost part of a "reboot" of the character. They changed the look for 2012 because people were polarized over the last two that came out - they either loved or hated them. However, the appearance of the Avengers Hulk received very good reception, so it's a good bet they'll keep the same appearance for an upcoming film (given a few tweaks, perhaps). There's gotta be some continuity, whether it's by means of actors or CGI.

Exactly my point. You are not going to see a return of Shrek Hulk or the Norton Incredible Hulk versions in any of the future installments that involve the character. Those designs are dead and abandonned. And I highly doubt HT will look at making either version when they have so much milking to do with this beloved version.

We are all trying to predict the future. One, some or none of us may be right. My point was, the new body cost more to develop than using an existing body. If you dispute that, you are not being realistic.

Im not arguing the new body build will expensive. Im sure it is. Im disputing that you think this is a one and done deal, where youd be sorely mistaken.

You're right - just because this figure is barebones it doesn't mean the price will reflect so, even if it's not THAT much bigger than the other figs in the Avengers lineup. But new figures down the road may go down a little in price - still accounting for inflation - because this new body has already been designed.

You're right - just because this figure is barebones it doesn't mean the price will reflect so, even if it's not THAT much bigger than the other figs in the Avengers lineup.

But I think the ridiculous $400-$600 cost predictions can be laid rest though.

I can see a new version for every movie that Marvel decides to put Hulk in that HT is making figures from. They can give him different head sculpts and hands for each new release. Throw in a diorama base for a later release. Could even do a Hulk/Banner 2 in 1 set that is catered to the richer crowd (think Iron Man Suit Up Gantry). Oh theres plenty of ways to milk the HULK. First step is Bare Bones release. CHECK.

:exactly: I'm pretty sure this is the first of many renditions of this figure that we'll see over the next 5 years. The lack of hands and accessories are probably being held back deliverately for those future releases.

One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs

What does that mean? Does he have the PERS or what?

All in all I think it looks great. He's on my list of figures that I want.

:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
Back