1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 296 - Avengers: AoU - Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't, paying extra for electronics that would be used once or twice and having a switch and batteries and a screw cover on the figure somewhere. Same for a tacky "beam effect" like they've been adding to Thor and SW, or mini Iron Men. I don't have a use for that stuff outside of maybe taking some photos with it once, and just getting it to make the figure seem like it has more to it is not very useful to me. This figure looks great, has a great HS and the costume looks the part, the cape looks exactly like the real design and frankly Vision's cape is thin and gossamer, I don't know what Hot Toys should have done differently. The wiring works pretty well to style it, that's more than Thor's does. I'm quite satisfied with mine, and I wasn't expecting to get more out of it than what was in the description.

Yeah, I don't need light up nonsense. Get someone to do the effect in Photoshop and it'll look a lot better anyway.

I didn't purchase the Vision figure but certainly don't understand why HT would release him without a light-up Mind Stone, but instead will release Ant-Man with light up features you can't easily see. I'm thinking it's related to the inability to hide the battery box since the HS doesn't lend itself to the task without a screw at the back of his head.

Didn't the sonar head that came with the Batman DX02 figure put the switch in the neck post (which was then hidden below the neckline when attached to the body)? I don't know why they couldn't have done something similar here.

I was wondering where I had seen it before. You're right. Of course, they also do it with all the Iron man hands. I agree, it wouldn't be a ridiculous addition. Just saying it'd be turned on once or twice, then left off forever (for me at least) lol.

I don't even turn them on once anymore and have not put the batteries in any of my new IM since they started leaving them out of the figure. Really do not care about the lights in these things. If there was an easy remote controlled way to turn all the lights on and off i would use them all the time but not with all the individual switches they have now.

If they chose to make the stone light up they could have made it the same way they made the Electro figure.
I didn't purchase the Vision figure but certainly don't understand why HT would release him without a light-up Mind Stone, but instead will release Ant-Man with light up features you can't easily see. I'm thinking it's related to the inability to hide the battery box since the HS doesn't lend itself to the task without a screw at the back of his head.

I got an email from MightyApe (New Zealand online retailer), saying the release has been pushed back to an estimated date of 30th May :thud:

Back