1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: ROTJ - Boba Fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God those new characters suck and that creepy droid in the back :horror

I agree, not a big fan of them. I just hope Luke is in 8 and 9...

I wonder if this will have the same issues that the SS had with the breast plate? I guess we'll see in time.

Vanity-Fair-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Edition-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-1.jpg

God those new characters suck and that creepy droid in the back :horror

Yeah, when I see that pic unfortunately it only brings to mind...

2nvqx7b.png

Yeah, when I see that pic unfortunately it only brings to mind...

2nvqx7b.png

OMG you're right! I honestly hope these movies tank and are quickly forgotten as they will only stain the good memories of the OT. I mean there is no way they can recreate the magic and creativity the OT had back then. A bunch of cg action scenes and bringing new characters that no one cares about isn't going to be SW to me. I wish they had just used the EU or the novels for story ideas instead of trying to make a new trilogy.

OMG you're right! I honestly hope these movies tank and are quickly forgotten as they will only stain the good memories of the OT. I mean there is no way they can recreate the magic and creativity the OT had back then. A bunch of cg action scenes and bringing new characters that no one cares about isn't going to be SW to me. I wish they had just used the EU or the novels for story ideas instead of trying to make a new trilogy.
wow...depressing...

Well its kinda true, i dont think there is much point in trying to recreate the OT success all these yrs later. It would have been better to use the books or EU characters to do SW movies with. There are plenty of interesting characters in the EU to use as opposed these new ones from TFA. I am probably not judging fairly though as the movie hasn't been released yet.

The problem is that most of the general audience probably don't care about a story, some of which was crap (Imo) which only a small percentage who have read the books. As much as I love star wars and it was unique at the time (Ot) nostalgia is something that really bugs me with fans because they never give anything a chance. Yes the PT was not as good, I personally really like Rots, but we cannot comment on the new films or characters until it's released. It may blow the storytelling and aesthetics of the originals out the water but we can't tell from a few pictures, most of which are promotional. The way I see it is I'd rather have more movies and potential series than reading books that are inconsistent or fanboys obsessed with Mara Jade/thrawn etc.

Plus as a business whether it be disney or other, they are there to make money and not pander to hardcore fans who are actually only a very small minority although they may throw in eu references that people may get giddy with. Films evolve and im sure there were fans who loved splinter of the minds eye before empires release. I say give it a chance, you may be pleasantly suprised :)

The problem is that most of the general audience probably don't care about a story, some of which was crap (Imo) which only a small percentage who have read the books. As much as I love star wars and it was unique at the time (Ot) nostalgia is something that really bugs me with fans because they never give anything a chance. Yes the PT was not as good, I personally really like Rots, but we cannot comment on the new films or characters until it's released. It may blow the storytelling and aesthetics of the originals out the water but we can't tell from a few pictures, most of which are promotional. The way I see it is I'd rather have more movies and potential series than reading books that are inconsistent or fanboys obsessed with Mara Jade/thrawn etc.

Plus as a business whether it be disney or other, they are there to make money and not pander to hardcore fans who are actually only a very small minority although they may throw in eu references that people may get giddy with. Films evolve and im sure there were fans who loved splinter of the minds eye before empires release. I say give it a chance, you may be pleasantly suprised :)

I can't disagree with what u said, u have many valid points there. We will have to see. And to your comment about ROTS, i only liked the clone stuff and Obiwan was great. I feel Ewan really fell into his role well the 3rd time.

I say give it a chance, you may be pleasantly suprised :)

To be brutally honest, after living through the TPM experience, my take is guilty until proven innocent. Fortunately, Abrams knows many fans feel this way.

You 20 to 60 years old out there (including myself in 40's), the new SW movies are not for you. There purpose is to recreate the love you have for SW inside you for you children and grandchildren.

General question: are people seeing more sales/trades of the Sideshow Boba Fett 1/6 scale lately? Or are people holding on to them?

There should be a small spike in availability now that some know another version will be available from HT. And then maybe another spike when it goes up for pre-order, and then another when this one is finally released. I was able to finally pick up the SS one for retail on eBay right after this was shown at SDCC after months of fruitless searching for a good price. So I'm really just basing my assumption on that.

I'm seeing them show up for $200 shipped here and there which would have been an anomaly 3 months ago.

There should be a small spike in availability now that some know another version will be available from HT. And then maybe another spike when it goes up for pre-order, and then another when this one is finally released. I was able to finally pick up the SS one for retail on eBay right after this was shown at SDCC after months of fruitless searching for a good price. So I'm really just basing my assumption on that.

I'm seeing them show up for $200 shipped here and there which would have been an anomaly 3 months ago.

I'm looking forward to PO the HT Boba Fett.

Back