1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I get the complaining about price, it isn't new practice. Random price increases not fitting the product is pretty standard. It makes it easier to pass on items I don't find worthy.

Hot Toys better improve this one, else i'm gonna pass- Avengers Loki looks way better, have it. But this one- the likeness is just not there. I was looking forward to this figure, pretty dissapointing...

Is there really no rhyme or reason for the price on this figure? I don't get the price gouge.

I don't know why people are acting like it's the final product. I mean it's bad but come on, it's not like HT are ignoring our comments.
The QS001 TDKR received a lot of criticisms too when first shown proto, but then was sold out immediately after the display pictures at SDCC 2013.
Give it some time fellas.

I will give it PLENTY of time, as I decline to preorder until its right.

Can HT capture lightning in a bottle twice? We shall see! Meanwhile they can fix that hairline, which is the most glaring of this sculpt's many flaws. This looks like Ebenezer Scrooge, not Loki.

Why make another version when its the same.......lame!

kate-upton-milking-a-cow-kate-upton-gifs.gif

Is there any substantive difference in the suit? I don't really see anything different here. Looks like a streamlined rehash.

People always ask 'Why do they change the costume every movie? WHy does Iron Man have to switch suits every movie?'

This is exactly why, so the toy isn't identical to the previous one. Because then theres no reason to buy the new one.:slap We knew the costume was gonna be the same and he was gonna have no accessories. The head sculpt was the only motivation to buy this. And they flubberd it.

I'm just really disappointed. The glee of knowing I waited for a good Thor is dampened by missing out on the better Loki!

1525707_820694999558_460169190_n.jpg

Makes me worry that the Winter Soldier version of Black Widow could be a step back too.

lokicopy_zpsd3d1b6ca.jpg

loi2copy_zps7a6a9219.jpg

Avengers's Loki was $155, and this **** cost $202?!!!
Maybe I stick to helmet, green cape, double spear, more extra hands, asgard handcuff and shut-your-mouth device from Avengers.

WOW--I am so glad I got the Avengers version. I guess if you didn't get the first one this is your opportunity to finally get a Loki. However, with the price tag of Dark World Loki I would seriously look around and try to pick up the Avengers Loki--even if it's a little more I'd rather pay the price to have the better looking figure. When compared to other figures around the same price point, this Loki is seriously lacking the bang for your buck. I know it's not the same company but the Sideshow Darth Vader figure I just got came with 2 head sculpts, a light-up base, display for helmet, light-up feature, and a bunch of hands for $10 more. They should have just rereleased the Avengers version and sold a Dark World accessory pack, lol. Even if they fix the horrible head sculpt this is an easy pass for me.

I don't think the Avengers' Loki sculpt is all that great to be honest, but this definitely seems like a step backward. This one seems ripe for a re-tweaking in a few weeks, as Hot Toys occasionally does.

Well I'm kicking myself for selling my Loki avenger thinking it'll be ok cause this one will eventually be made and the Thor looked so much better. Win some and lose some "p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ERROR REGION:NOT AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER FOR AUSTRALIA!

Far out Hot toys and Sideshow! Lol
I predict that there will be a change of heart when the lack of orders for this figure happen, even Antarctica won't order this!

Back