1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

Definitely better. Really hope they're listening. I want to want this but just can't...every time I look at it gets worse...

^^^ Post this tweaking on their HT Facebook page or email customer service, maybe they'll do the same on the sculpt. :lecture

Good to see that I'm not the only one liking the first one better.
Had high hopes for this…
Might need to track down the first release now!

First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

I think the thickness of the face is the problem, that and the outfit looks like it was thrown together....

It definitely looks better with the thinner face. Hope Hot Toys will sort this one out before release.

Definitely better. Really hope they're listening. I want to want this but just can't...every time I look at it gets worse...

^^^ Post this tweaking on their HT Facebook page or email customer service, maybe they'll do the same on the sculpt. :lecture

Sadly, no they never listen. Unlike Asmus, I think Hot Toys' a bit more.. hmm.. ignorant. I've made several tweaks before: Amber, T1000, but nope, they decided that they made great sculpt already and they did not change the sculpt. :( So I just made this for myself, to scratch the itchy feel, thats all.

Also, I think he kind of looks like Brad Dourif, the guy who plays Chucky and Grima Wormtongue.

03f9181e2e020984e9c69815e5e9bcdd.jpeg

Exactly. I said this yesterday, at the teaser thread.. I posted: "the perfect headsculpt for my Grima Wormtongue kitbash!"

I think the thickness of the face is the problem, that and the outfit looks like it was thrown together....

The mouth and the eyes are also the key shapes for Hiddleston Loki, IMHO. It made whole lotsa differences.

This didn't turn out well. But I hope they can fix it like they sometimes do.

Maybe if the preorders are few and little, they might take a gander at why? That might be the only way to send them a message.

Back