1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom line. They cant all be winners. And unless your late to the game how did so many of you who want a loki so bad not get the first one anyway?

and so.. I couldn't hold myself for not experimenting.. and believe it or not, it's much easier to tweak him as this one rather than tweaking him to look more like Hiddleston..

grimaloki_zps7c06b69c.jpg

Remove the green, yellow and armor. Add red and more hair...

Durza01.jpg

tumblr_lxcuuvx2DU1qbsoge.gif

They almost always fix sculpts once they see fan reaction. Avengers Thor got a lot of negativity and they fixed it. They just needed to get this out for PO I'm sure this isn't even close to final. Especially with fan reaction. It will be improved. I'm confident in that. But to me no reason to get him anyway since it's not that different than Avengers Loki. The final HS will have to be mind blowing to spend another $240

Headsculpt isn't the only problem...almost $300 for a downgraded Loki? There is less costume details, accesories, hands and probably a new box. Not worth getting this Loki, even more of a costume change to his cell outfit and look would have been nice. Going to be a sad pass on this figure...too bad I really like Loki!

I would only feel the need to get this figure if HT gets the body, and of course, the HS fixed. The proper body size would make this an upgrade from the Avengers figure.

A sampling of FB comments:

"WTF is this?? I freaking waited for an entire new year! WTF!"

"Take away the long hair and it looks like the T-1000."

" 'I will eat Thor's liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.' " [LMAO]

"Who is this guy in Loki's costume?"

"You must be truly desperate to reveal such a figure."

"looks like an elf from lotr"

OOOUUUUCCCCHHHHHH

Bottom line. They cant all be winners. And unless your late to the game how did so many of you who want a loki so bad not get the first one anyway?

I do own the first Loki. And very glad I do, we will not see his like again I fear. I think most people in here own Loki v.1. We were just greedy & wanted another one.

If this isn't a winner, so be it. Almost $300 for something else, oh well. Perhaps they could make with a nice Faora or Catwoman from "Batman Returns." I would happily plunk down money for either of those, or both. Oh well, one can wish.

Much, much better. Definitely post this on their FB page. I also agree, the HS is simply to "broad shaped." If he looked like that with a few more accessories, he would be an instant buy. I sure hope HT fixes this but I have a hunch their minor tweaks won't be enough to save this one. :(

Yes, I might post this on their FB.. although I've attempted that previously with Amber and T1000 for no result. I agree, minor tweaks won't do much for this one. They do major tweaks on DX10 T800, but I think that's because he's just so iconic and he can sell more than Loki, because Loki's not there yet, IMHO. (and I doubt Loki will be as iconic as T800 anyway)

Wow batsheva, that looks 100 times better!!! Yes do post this on their FB page! Great work with the photoshopping!!

Thank you, Ayotli.. I might post it soon. :)

Its like a bad joke
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
That is an amazing improvement

Yulli did that??? :slap who did the Avengers version?

It's even too bad to be a joke.
Thanks, Henry.
Sadly yes, Yulli did this. Perhaps she's just too tired.. or She's just not a Loki fans. I can't remember who sculpted the first Loki.

Grima Wormtongue, that's it! :yess: :lol

Hahahahaha, touche. I did wrote Grima's name on the pic.. :lol

First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

The tweaked version looks great! If the head sculpt had looked like that, I would have put in the preorder the minute I saw it. I really hope HT fixes the sculpt; but it looks so bad right now, I'm refusing to preorder until I see evidence that the likeness has improved.

If HT doesn't revise the HS, I will be mightily surprised. There's such a big stinky backlash on this, they've got to do something. I am curious what the current PO numbers are for this and how it compares to other POs out right now. Not to mention, this is forecasted for September this year. :/

Let's hope they do their magic like they did with Superman. The original reveal of the MoS looked terrible! Apparently, HT listened to the fan feedback and now came out with probably one of their best figures ever! Thus we'll see if HT applies the Superman effect on Mr. Loki too! :pray:

That's encouraging then...being new to the Hot Toys game I was wondering if this had ever happened before. I hope they fix the sculpt I really do - otherwise it's gonna be a really risky pre-order. At the moment all I can see is Grima Wormtongue dressed up as Loki :horror Don't know how they could get it so wrong from the first one!

An petition has gone up asking Hot Toys to change the TDW Loki head sculpt.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/correcting-the-second-hot-toys-lokis-head

Thanks for that...Can't hurt to sign it! :pray:

I think the MOS figure is very "so so", the proto head looked better! They fixed his body proportions but then he came out 14 inches tall!
The cape and that little black rubber part just above the "S" looks bad too. I dont get why people keep raving how great the the MOS figure
turned out, it's decent but not great. In closing i think its a long time till sep and i can only hope HT changes the head by then.

The Avengers Loki head sculpt was done by Lee So Young.

Ah, thanks for the info, EmeraldFrost. Apparently, Yulli have to learn how to nail Tom's likeness from Lee.

The tweaked version looks great! If the head sculpt had looked like that, I would have put in the preorder the minute I saw it. I really hope HT fixes the sculpt; but it looks so bad right now, I'm refusing to preorder until I see evidence that the likeness has improved.

Thank you. Aye, so do I. Let's just wait and see. It's a bit confusing, why rushing anyway to show the teribble proto Loki v.2 head and risking the reputation of Yulli as a great HT sculptor.. why dont just wait for a while and tweak it so it looks decent. It's not like they have to chase any deadlines anyway. The Amazing Spiderman is one of the example.. we see the fig about hundred o years after the movie came out.

I didn't even realize that, LOL :slap I kept thinking those were signatures or something hahaha, plus I didn't know his name at first guess. Kudos! :clap

Hahahahaha, that's one of Grima's dark sorcery. :lol

Back