1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How man girls will buy this for Tom Hiddleston sculpt and the fact that it comes with shackle and chains?
sidebar-gif-loki-like-burn-ooh.gif

Oooh the fanfics that will come of this. :lol

Wow! After seeing those FB comments, HT almost has to do something. They are a business and if want to continue to make money as well as save face on their reputation, I think we'll see improvements in the coming months.

I think MOST of the complaints here and on Facebook are complaining ABOUT THE PROTOTYPE and are aware that it is NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. Let them complain, over-the-top rants notwithstanding. We have had previous HT figures that had almost no improvement from the proto at all much to the collectors' disappointment. If it weren't for these complainers HT would be too complacent, taking silence as an approval from many. I thank the endless ranting for pushing HT to make QS001 a definite improvement over the proto. It's $240 you're going to commit for this figure, I don't think it's wrong to demand that the final product indeed be far from the horrible prototype.

I think MOST of the complaints here and on Facebook are complaining ABOUT THE PROTOTYPE and are aware that it is NOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. Let them complain, over-the-top rants notwithstanding. We have had previous HT figures that had almost no improvement from the proto at all much to the collectors' disappointment. If it weren't for these complainers HT would be too complacent, taking silence as an approval from many. I thank the endless ranting for pushing HT to make QS001 a definite improvement over the proto. It's $240 you're going to commit for this figure, I don't think it's wrong to demand that the final product indeed be far from the horrible prototype.

:goodpost: :lecture

Why does everyone ignore the " prototype shown, final product may be slightly different" they put on every release. This is NOT the final piece. They will fix it especially with all the fan negativity.
Hot Toys announces, what, twenty figures per year? About one in twenty actually ship with a better head sculpt that what was shown with the prototype; the other nineteen are the same or worse. So I don't understand where this confident assumption that's it's going to get fixed comes from.

I offered my misb Loki for retail plus ca tax and every offer I got was under retail. So funny to see what you get now

Hot Toys announces, what, twenty figures per year? About one in twenty actually ship with a better head sculpt that what was shown with the prototype; the other nineteen are the same or worse. So I don't understand where this confident assumption that's it's going to get fixed comes from.

i am really happy with every HTs figure I own, and i have about 20-30. I dont agree at all that with your statement, so if your not happy with any HTs then just don't buy them.

i am really happy with every HTs figure I own, and i have about 20-30. I dont agree at all that with your statement, so if your not happy with any HTs then just don't buy them.
I don't think they were saying that, just that a head sculpt will very rarely see any improvements from the prototype.

I don't think they were saying that, just that a head sculpt will very rarely see any improvements from the prototype.

At the end of the day I think Hot Toys will tweak the sculpt simply because of the amount of backlash and lukewarm reception the reveal had.

In fact I can't remember the last time (recently) that a sculpt was disliked so much.

I personally have pre-ordered it anyway because I had some points to use so I got it reasonably cheap. I'm not sure I would have paid full price, though.

Absolutely and totally correct. Why accept crap? Demand best. For the prices you're paying, you should expect it.

As for the "it'll get fixed" assumption... lol. There are plenty that either nothing has been changed or it's actually gotten worse. HT doesn't mind releasing turds, because they know suckers will buy them, because "it's a HT".

OTOH, this is a truly excellent sculpt of Brad Dourif.

I think I'll buy the extra accessories off of eBay. (chains, Aether...) The HS is a huge disappointment. :(
I'm with you on this figure. I have the avengers Loki and have decided to keep that one due to the fact that the Hs is a ton better. Might steal a page from your book and buy the extra accessories off ebay also to pimp out my figure :horror

They have tweaked plenty of headsculpts. Avengers Thor, TStark and 1/4 Batman are 3 i can think of off the top of my head from last year. Some just don't need tweaking IMO.

Im sure this will be tweaked. It reminds me of Avengers Thor, fans were really critical towards it when it first was shown

They even updated the Hulk sculpt and no one was complaining about that. Now I look at Hulk proto and its like, who is that?!

I think most of the Marvel figures are priority for HT anyway. As long as we keep the heat on, we will get an update.

Back