1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came in here expecting everyone to be super excited by Loki (hadn't seen the pics, yet) but wow, what a disaster. Anyone else think Loki's lower abdomen looks like he's got a ton of rep pips on it? :lol

Me too, I heard it said in another thread that the Avengers Loki was the better figure and when I saw this sculpt in the forum banner I had to check it out. And $240 from Sideshow? I know it can be had elsewhere for less, but... whew, that's quite a lot for not a lot.

Me too, I heard it said in another thread that the Avengers Loki was the better figure and when I saw this sculpt in the forum banner I had to check it out. And $240 from Sideshow? I know it can be had elsewhere for less, but... whew, that's quite a lot for not a lot.

I know right! Why the hell are these Thor2 figures so expensive when they practicaly come with nothing? :cuckoo: I mean avengers was a huge
cashcow for HT but only the hulk and IM mk7 were 240 or above.

Inflation, arbitrary markup increase, licensing costs, continuous demand, scalpers, random factors?

Point is, prices have been going up continuously by $10 every 3 months regardless of the amount of accessories inluded with the figure so don't expect this trend to stop.

BRTky.jpg

I am certain HT wishes this were so, but unfortunately for them it is not.

I am going to have to see a mindblowing facial sculpt to get me to overlook the fact that I'd be owning two Lokis wearing almost the exact same costume.

I personally believe this will sell out no matter. Loki is really popular. The really picky people will be waiting for a better headsculpt, but vast majority will buy this no matter. Freaks and even Facebook is only a small portion of collectors. I have a few friends who collect these and know nothing about Freaks and dont use Facebook.

Inflation, arbitrary markup increase, licensing costs, continuous demand, scalpers, random factors?

Point is, prices have been going up continuously by $10 every 3 months regardless of the amount of accessories inluded with the figure so don't expect this trend to stop.

:goodpost: Yes, agree, so many factors go into it. And people continue to buy them, so us consumers are not really telling them these are too expensive because we are all buying them. If you don't like the prices, then you just have to stop buying, its the only way your going to make any difference. Complaining about it, but then you buy them anyway does nothing.

I love Flex pay, but Flex Pay is one of the factors for price hikes because you can just pay $60-70 for 3-5 months (or more) is a lot easier than dropping $200-250-300+ at once. This helps a lot of people. So it makes it easier for prices to go up if its still $70/month. What was maybe $68/month last year, making it say $70/month doesn't seem that bad. So Flex Pay effects overall pricing.

Where are the secret base display of this figure. Hoping to see some restored faith in this item as I felt un-amused by revealed pics

Where are the secret base display of this figure. Hoping to see some restored faith in this item as I felt un-amused by revealed pics

You want to see *more* of this travesty?
I'd pay money for them to burn this proto and NEVER show it again...
Here's hoping they have their best on the job and that the Secret Base pics show a better sculpt.

I am certain HT wishes this were so, but unfortunately for them it is not.

I am going to have to see a mindblowing facial sculpt to get me to overlook the fact that I'd be owning two Lokis wearing almost the exact same costume.

:exactly:

I'm not sure how everyone else feels about this but I won't buy it because I didn't liek the movie, but Thor looks so good that I might buy it. But this figure needs to be fixed

True, that is what worries me the most... :panic:

I personally believe this will sell out no matter. Loki is really popular. The really picky people will be waiting for a better headsculpt, but vast majority will buy this no matter. Freaks and even Facebook is only a small portion of collectors. I have a few friends who collect these and know nothing about Freaks and dont use Facebook.

The point here is not Facebook, but that fans viewing the figure pretty much detest the figure. People making negative comments on FB are but an indicator of the entire hobby.

Fans on FB loved the first Loki: sought-after sell-out. They hate the second one, and I would suggest HT do something PDQ.

Me, I don't need FB to tell me this looks bad, I can use my eyes and see for myself. If FB did not exist, I still would not be preordering at this point.

The point here is not Facebook, but that fans viewing the figure pretty much detest the figure. People making negative comments on FB are but an indicator of the entire hobby.

Fans on FB loved the first Loki: sought-after sell-out. They hate the second one, and I would suggest HT do something PDQ.

Me, I don't need FB to tell me this looks bad, I can use my eyes and see for myself. If FB did not exist, I still would not be preordering at this point.

I just meant replying to your comment when someone said "You are all going to buy it anyway." And you wrote "HTs only wishes this were true" I kind of agree with the previous statement. I think he will sell out even if they don't fix him, because Loki is really popular and many missed out on Avengers Loki. But im optimistic they will fix him.

And I also just meant Freaks & Facebook is really only a small portion of collectors who comment on either site. And those who even comment positive of negative on either site, how many actually buy anyway?

I believe you though. Even without forums, a lot of us who are die-hard collectors want great sculpts and won't buy it because its not a great sculpt. But only certain characters have a following like Loki, and I think no matter how good or bad a Loki figure is, he will sell out.

But time will tell...we shall see...i could definitely be wrong, just wont surprise me if he does, thats all :)

Wow just seen this and am really glad I got the Avengers Loki, this one doesn't look good at all in my eyes, I mean it's a lovley sculpt and all just doesn't look like Loki Hot Toys dropped the ball on this one for sure.

I thought Avengers Loki was delayed because Tom was super-picky about the sculpt? Maybe just a rumour? Must've been given how lacklustre this one is.

You are all correct in your criticism...but my wife won an upcoming Thor HT, and within about 5 minutes of this being up, I had two messages from her about this one...So I ordered it for her. She doesnt know its a dropoff from the first one (which I dont have, but had ordered at one time), she doesnt even know it exists.

I think I will die a little inside every time I look at it though.

Back